View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1405 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 405905130513551395140014031404140514061407141014151455 ... LastLast
Results 28,081 to 28,100 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Not necessarily. It's likely to fall somewhere between Trump and Obama in terms of policy. The likelihood of cooperation between the Biden administration and the Republicans is... unpleasantly high.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If by cooperation you mean Biden acceding to every demand they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Yes. Yes I do.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    If by cooperation you mean Biden acceding to every demand they make.
    Thing is, even that would be preferable to Biden acceding to every demand that the CCP will make.

Blog Entries
    Lol, Steve Bannon is now perma-banned from Twitter. Because calling for specific government officials to be beheaded is kind of against policy.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Not necessarily. It's likely to fall somewhere between Trump and Obama in terms of policy. The likelihood of cooperation between the Biden administration and the Republicans is... unpleasantly high.
    Cooperation would be the very quick deterioration is his supposed efforts toward climate change amongst many things.
    He better not be going back to those "Dick Cheney is a fine man" times. Its political warfare, we ain't got time to be sipping tea with sharks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Lol, Steve Bannon is now perma-banned from Twitter. Because calling for specific government officials to be beheaded is kind of against policy.
    Damn, that kind of direct rule violation is something that you'd expect from edgy teens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Cooperation would be the very quick deterioration is his supposed efforts toward climate change amongst many things.
    He better not be going back to those "Dick Cheney is a fine man" times. Its political warfare, we ain't got time to be sipping tea with sharks.
    It's not like he can do shit without their blessing at this point.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    But Joe can't do shit if GOP wins both the Senate and the HOR.
    GOP won't have majority control in House or Senate. Democrats+Independents are looking to get another Senate seat to bring them up to 50, thereby giving Harris tiebreaker power, while House is still Democrat majority even if they did end up losing seats anyway.

Right now it's tied 48-48 for Democrats and Republicans, factoring in the Independents that caucus with Democrats. Basically Georiga is going to decide this, and all Democrats really need to do is get 1 of those 2 seats to shut down McConnell. and Democrats need to win both runoffs to get majority position. Other possibilities could be the North Carolina race since a recount could be in question and if Alaska somehow has 98% of its mail-ins being Democrat.

Course, I have zero expectations that they'll even attempt to do anything beyond some EOs given that they were in a significantly stronger position in 2008 and still decided to pass Republican legislation until 2010 happened to give them an excuse to keep passing Republican legislation.

The one upside to the shitty Democrat performance this election is that the ones that lost were "Blue dog" corporate shills while progressive candidates had a nice increase in representation.

Edit: Seriously, how the fuck do you lose to Susan Collins of all fucking people? The Republican Susan Collins in a state that leans Democrat that didn't vote to remove Trump from office because "I believe he has learned his lesson".
    Last edited by Trubo; November 6th, 2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I guess by her voters actually liking her more than the alternative that is a Democrat.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I forget, did Collins ever actually turncoat like all the stans on Twitter thought she would on anything important, or did she just vote party line like all the other Republicans every time?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Don't remember, honestly. I want to say sometimes yes, but I could be wrong.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    most of the time she was just "concerned" but towed the party line. However her vote was instrumental in nuking the "skinny repeal" an attempt to nuke obamacare to force democrats to the bargaining table
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen some of the networks start calling the election considering the bad news el presidente has gotten in Nevada and Pennsylvania over the last few hours.

nobody wants to get bitched out by twitler I guess
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Imagine practicing electoral malfeasance cause you're worried about some fee-fees. What a banana republic is the US.

Fwiw, Decision Desk has already called tho

Blog Entries
    So has the secret service. If you didn’t hear as soon as Biden passed el presidente in Pennsylvania, the SS immediately declared his house a no fly zone and sent additional agents to his detail, functionally granting him the same level of operational security as a sitting president.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen some of the networks start calling the election considering the bad news el presidente has gotten in Nevada and Pennsylvania over the last few hours.

nobody wants to get bitched out by twitler I guess
    It's definitely trending blue, so the feeling is one of inevitability. From what I've been watching, it seems that the main issue is the quantities of outstanding provisional ballots that -mostly- still haven't even begun being counted yet. I feel that Georgia will be called overnight/Saturday morning -baring the coming recount-, Pennsylvania is going to get called tomorrow while I'm at work, and than perhaps Nevada as well though I think that'll likely be Sunday along with Arizona. Fuck I've been like an addict keeping my eyes glued to my phone or my monitor as stuff updates each day, it's worse than gacha addiction! D:
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    So Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, the man that's been apparently the most supportive in feeding the narrative of the election being stolen - has tested positive for COVID-19. A bit sad that it's happened because it is unfortunate, but dear god if that isn't some sort of karma than I don't know what is.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Looks like we're just about officially there, some outlets are now starting to declare Pennsylvania for Biden, giving him the electoral votes he needs to win the presidency.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Yeah. Reporting slowed to a trickle so it’s just a hair under 10k currently. But with mail in ballots and the remaining 6 % all coming in from democratic strong holds it’s about as solid as you could want. I really wanna crash but I have rode this wave all night and wanna be there to see that magic moment when the total flips to Biden.

EDIT: and there it is! With just the states he has now he just passed 270, if he holds just what he has Pennsylvania doesn't even matter!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...54643e6d9008d2