View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1408 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 408908130813581398140314061407140814091410141314181458 ... LastLast
Results 28,141 to 28,160 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not American right now.

Out of curiosity, why do you guys claim to be the best country on Earth with such a visibly glaring flaw?
    Like Twelve said, nationalism plus many parts of the country having criminally underfunded education, therefore a feeling of misplaced inferiority with coastal big cities. Bad actors then helping in manifesting this anger in mismanagement of government to say all government is bad, to keep people from asking the important questions about larger corporations screwing you and Republican hypocrisy about fiscal responsibility(though this applies also to the ignorance that Democratic voters can have when it comes to wage stagnation not being caused by poorer populations and immigrants, so we can flip the chessboard in how the Democratic establishment can maintain a base yet also meekly loses to Republicans despite the country mainly being liberal when we get human society's changes at this juncture). Bad actors help in maintaining ignorance and misplaced distrust in technology or higher learning as only the elites oppressing you, and label the elites as liberals.
    Thus why the cycle of us going back to absolutely moronic/corrupt conservative presidents continues l, even when by all rights it shouldn't happen. So nationalism nurtured by ignorance with people not knowing how to handle or do anything about the truth.

We aren't the greatest country on Earth, we are good at taking from others and using people, plus nuclear stockpile proliferation(while making the hypocritical argument to de-nuclearize everyone else with the excuse of deterrence).
    That and the "you got oil? We give you democracy" heavy handed BS. So yeah, the shining beacon on the hill mentality is real gross when you take an honest look at history. The real reason for no big war breaking out right now is that while profiteering over skirmishes through the military industrial complex is good, even people in the establishment understand how demoralizing war is for the populace, even taking nationalism as the catalyst.
    The mechanism works just enough the gears don't break, but then you have the Reagans Bushs, Trumps, who corrode the rust of the gears, so its bound to break eventually(though on the other side, the Dems telling people they have hope and then giving it up at the first opportunity to lose to the GOP to maintain "unity" also strains things, not to mention their own vying for political power and wanting to keep it, but refusing to fight when they can depresses their voters and so is part of why this cycle continues).
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; November 8th, 2020 at 07:46 AM.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not American right now.

Out of curiosity, why do you guys claim to be the best country on Earth with such a visibly glaring flaw?
    Most countries in the world are actually fucked up enough to make the US at its worst look awesome (which is why, you know, people emigrate from these countries to the US) and the ones that are better off than the US don't flaunt it that much because they don't have the same massive mass media aparatus selling the image of the American Dream across the planet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I'm not sure why a tweet from a rando is being taken seriously though, considering the guy also has some questionable tweets and retweets of his own. Some of you could try putting in the same amount of effort that goes into looking up random TM facts for this as well.

Could end up being bullshit, but the problem I still have with it is that it's believable given that Biden and his campaign have floated Kasich and other very anti-progressive options aside from pretty unlikely picks in Warren and Sanders.

It's also no real secret that Biden considers Cheney a decent man despite all of the terrible stuff that went on from 2000 to 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah he did say that, on top of the fact he is talking about unity again in his speech even in all this mishmash while even some of his most staunch supporters say that he needs to fight back and worry about unity later.
    Dude needs to see the writing on the wall. You got to be willing to fight, or step back for someone who will, period.

Blog Entries
    Ahahahaha... isn't the argument that he was chosen to appeal to moderates in both parties one that inherently implies this was going to happen from the beginning?

It's just that this happens to be what the Democratic Party's base finds to be most desirable, either tactically or in end performance. After all, he's basically what the majority of the party could agree on as the least controversial.

Perhaps reflecting this, AOC being AOC after the results are clear.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; November 8th, 2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    So I hear kushner drew the short straw and has been trying to talk trump into conceding

Oh to be a fly on that wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Insert Conservative "Evil Jew Conspiracy," meme here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I imagine it's like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and the girl who wanted a Golden Goose.

"You can't have one."
    "I CAN'T HAVE ONE?!!"

Just replace with

"You should consider conceding."
    "I SHOULD CONSIDER WHAT?!!"

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would enjoy seeing Trump get thrown into the trash by a bunch of squirrels, but alas...

in other news, capitalism gonna capiltalis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Yeah he did say that, on top of the fact he is talking about unity again in his speech even in all this mishmash while even some of his most staunch supporters say that he needs to fight back and worry about unity later.
    Dude needs to see the writing on the wall. You got to be willing to fight, or step back for someone who will, period.
    He was Vice President under Obama for 8 years. So if he still doesn't know what Republicans are by now it's either that he's A) lying (most probably) or B) an idiot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ahahahaha... isn't the argument that he was chosen to appeal to moderates in both parties one that inherently implies this was going to happen from the beginning?

It's just that this happens to be what the Democratic Party's base finds to be most desirable, either tactically or in end performance. After all, he's basically what the majority of the party could agree on as the least controversial.

Perhaps reflecting this, AOC being AOC after the results are clear.
    That argument doesn't have much merit. Again, Biden barely eked out a win against Trump with all the horrible shit going on during his term. It's pretty safe to say that, if not for how badly and consistently Trump fucked himself over regarding coronavirus, he'd have gotten re-elected. It wouldn't have surprised me that if Trump had pushed for a second stimulus back in August that he'd have gotten re-elected, all other things being equal.

If Biden's the guy that was going to appeal to everyone, the results don't show it. Trump improved or held equal with all demographics but white men and senior citizens. Trump got even more of the Republican-share of voters, going from 90% in 2016 to 93% in 2020, which calls into question just how useful The Lincoln Project has been beyond grifting MSNBC neoliberals of their money.

Also importantly, Democrats are unlikely to obtain 50 seats in the Senate (fingers crossed for the GA runoffs), while still losing seats in the House. We were all told to abandon Bernie because, despite Bernie polling strongly against Trump, he'd hurt downballot races. Yet the most telling evidence of this being complete bullshit is looking at all the people that lost re-election and noting that those that failed did so because they wouldn't promote M4A or other progressive policies, along with multiple states passing propositions to legalize recreational marijuana and working towards 15 USD/hr minimum wage.

The only groups within the Democratic base that find a likely Biden administration to be good are Wall Street and the donor base. People in places like Flint, MI are going to be shit out of luck yet again.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't actually matter though. At least not when it comes to justification. It just means that the reasoning they gave for why Biden should be supported over the rest of the field was wrong. They still went with it. And likely are going to continue to do so, because it supports the groups you listed, as well as those "Moderates" who are really just Conservatives put off by the current Republican Party.

After all, that's what's leading the Democratic Party right now. This was not an election about getting screwed or not. It was an election about how badly we're getting screwed. You have to understand that until the Boomers die or we vote them out, they hold the reigns of power. Our preferences aren't going to make much difference to either Party until then simply because there's no viable alternative within the system.

And good luck trying to convince the masses that a political terrorist movement are the good guys on what passes for the Left here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    B) an idiot.
    Well, is idiocy a symptom of senility, or are those 2 things separate?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Her criticism seems to be extremely on-point, though.

Blog Entries
    Indeed.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Doesn't actually matter though. At least not when it comes to justification. It just means that the reasoning they gave for why Biden should be supported over the rest of the field was wrong. They still went with it. And likely are going to continue to do so, because it supports the groups you listed, as well as those "Moderates" who are really just Conservatives put off by the current Republican Party.

After all, that's what's leading the Democratic Party right now. This was not an election about getting screwed or not. It was an election about how badly we're getting screwed. You have to understand that until the Boomers die or we vote them out, they hold the reigns of power. Our preferences aren't going to make much difference to either Party until then simply because there's no viable alternative within the system.

And good luck trying to convince the masses that a political terrorist movement are the good guys on what passes for the Left here.
    I just don't see any evidence that "conservatives are put off by the current Republican Party". Trump increased his support among registered Republicans from 2016. In the raw numbers quite obviously, but he also received a larger percentage of the votes cast by such voters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, is idiocy a symptom of senility, or are those 2 things separate?
    It's not just a byproduct of senility since these are things he has been saying for decades.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Interesting thread by N. K. Jemisin about storytelling, ideologies and politics: https://twitter.com/nkjemisin/status...45838500843524.

pretty libbed up thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What left-leaning political terrorist movement, so called antifa? Please, tell me who leads it and what their manifesto is.

Blog Entries
    Nah, I was talking about a hypothetical actual Revolution. Not Antifa.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning