View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1428 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 42892813281378141814231426142714281429143014331438 ... LastLast
Results 28,541 to 28,560 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    you know what I bet would help? Not coming up with something that sounds like you want them all to lose their jobs, livelihoods, and pensions.
    Those who go into the profession are just those who didn't get bullying out of their system in jr high and want to continually harass people deep into adulthood. No more, no less. ACAB.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And they say the same about dentists.

Both statements equally meaningless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Those who go into the profession are just those who didn't get bullying out of their system in jr high and want to continually harass people deep into adulthood. No more, no less. ACAB.

So much edge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Edge with no talent to back it up, or else Pendant would be busy writing a song about it, like Howard Ashman.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So much edge
    Better than obsessively sniffing the soles of Obama's feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    you're wrong
    Wow, what a fucking disarming argument. It has completely sold me on Castro not being a tyrannical creep far worse than the average.

Nah. It hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    The fact he went with his brother who was only a few years younger than him rather than make it one of his children (wikipedia says he has at least 9), makes it look more like he wanted to continue the thing he spent his life building, rather than hand it down to his bloodline like Kims do.
    Most of Castro's children are dead, hate his guts, or both.

Alina Fernández Revuelta (born 19 March 1956) is a Cuban anti-communist activist. She is the daughter of Fidel Castro and Natalia Revuelta Clews.[1] She is one of the best known Cuban critics of the government of Cuba and her father's and uncle's rule, where she lived until 1993.
    Fidel had another daughter, Francisca Pupo (born 1953), the result of a one-night affair. Pupo and her husband now live in Miami.[437]
    Fidel's only son from his first marriage, also named Fidel but popularly known by the diminutive Fidelito, was once in charge of Cuba's nuclear program. He was removed from many government positions in 1992 after falling out with his father, who reportedly accused him of “incompetence”; he killed himself early this year.
    Of Fidel's known children from his second wife, most seemed to avoid the limelight: One son, Alex, was a state photographer; another, Antonio, worked with the Cuban Baseball Federation; and another, Alejandro, was once reported to be a computer scientist. None appears to have held political ambitions.
    Even his sister was against him.

His sister Juanita Castro has been living in the United States since the early 1960s, and was an opponent of her brother's regime.[440]
    So yeah, Castro didn't abscond from delegating power onto his children for the goodness of his heart; he either was at odds with them or just didn't want to have anything to do with politics to begin with.

Isn't there video of small town police forces having enough budget to buy tanks and APCs?
    Well, there's a difference between "the police" and "the police officers" being paid "too much", of course.

The problem is a lot of times public perception seems to fail to realize that.

"I think ALL who GENERALIZE should be thrown off a cliff".

Also, I find it hilarious that you are so hateful of the police yet make excuses for Castro and his ilk, who have perfected an art out of breaking their people's (MY people, at that) spirits for decades through an abusive use of the police and army forces.
    Last edited by OverMaster; December 6th, 2020 at 05:25 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, did not know that. I can easily see it, though. Spend your whole life making a country and you probably end up neglecting your family.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Don't know about small town forces, but they did bring out the tanks and assorted weaponry against the protests in large cities.
    IIRC it's because of some holdover from one of the 9/11 anti terror bills that sells surplus military hardware to local police to help with terrorist attacks. The same reason that all the BLM protest surpressors were kitted out with full auto weapons and body armour. Anyways a lot of small towns saw that, and their surplus budget which often times has to be used up or else they'll get less next year, and you have small towns buying a bunch of crap they don't need.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    snip
    The reason I said you were wrong is because you are wrong (and continue to be) and there is nothing more that needs to be said.

Blog Entries
    Lol, there's not a lot of point in arguing about something with a person who doesn't provide evidence for their positions XD

We've seen a lot of that in politics recently. At the end of the day, you're not going to win anything with them. They don't see what you have to say as legitimate if it disagrees with their views. Even if it's an opinion XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    The reason I said you were wrong is because you are wrong (and continue to be) and there is nothing more that needs to be said.
    Grow up.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh, well, if they're saying that, then it MUST be true!
    (Do we have an eyeroll emoji? This feels like it needs an eyeroll emoji.)

Not sure what you're sayin here, Tobias - it seems as if you're arguing something in the vicinity of "poor people can't inform themselves", which is a hell of a statement.

See, this here is your fundamental misunderstanding: Obama and Biden *don't* share a progressive cause; they're centrists *at best*. They didn't and won't push the US further right, but your country's default state is already right-wing neoliberal hell, so that doesn't count for much. Oh, sure, that won't affect the ever-shrinking American middle class, and will continue to only benefit the rich and powerful, but it won't do much to help the people who are literally murdered without consequences by the police, to circle back to the initial topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know about small town forces, but they did bring out the tanks and assorted weaponry against the protests in large cities.
    When did the POLICE bring out tanks? Budget aside that would pretty much be illegal.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I found an old 2012 Wired article about the procurement of these things, and the massive costs.

The one that gets me most is a town of 30,000 having an actual honest to god tank, a LAV 150.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    He don't know U.S. vewy well, do he?

But seriously, it never stops being disgusting. There's a reason why the Conservative mantra remains that the government is their biggest threat. That they support gearing up the police and constantly boosting military budgets is just a form of cognitive dissonance.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Not that I believe in the creed but it actually has some internal consistency. The premise behind conservative thought is that the only real role of the government is the protection of its citizenry. Therefor things like increasing money and gear to police agencies and the military actually falls within the manifesto.

it’s things like spending money on healthcare or regulating businesses entities that is wrong, or so the premise goes

Blog Entries
    Yes, but there's also the continuous undercurrent of paranoia, centered on the government using the military, police, and national security apparatus to occupy the country as a means of stripping the people of their freedoms, religion, etc...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Yes, but there's also the continuous undercurrent of paranoia, centered on the government using the military, police, and national security apparatus to occupy the country as a means of stripping the people of their freedoms, religion, etc...
    The old question comes in: How much freedom can people have so they do not harm the freedom of others? Does social responsibility have a say over freedom when an epidemic strikes? So far, I see many in the West sees freedom above all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely. Heck, before Washington hired von Steuben, the colonial rebels didn't even have any real uniforms.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That's pretty much what I expected. Linguistical roots aside, armored transport vehicles are not tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I found an old 2012 Wired article about the procurement of these things, and the massive costs.

The one that gets me most is a town of 30,000 having an actual honest to god tank, a LAV 150.
    An LAV would count as an IFV, IF it was the version that actually carried heavy armament. Still not remotely even a light tank, let alone an MBT. And yes, what you call it DOES matter, as I'm sure the writers of Wired well know. The police having armored personnel transport at hand sounds pretty off the wall for most countries, but NOT one where any given suspect might have legally and semi-legally collected a small armory of military-grade weapons. And that's without even going into what modifications a hobbyist could trivially (and illegally) do, to say nothing of what actual criminals mught have access to.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; December 7th, 2020 at 01:23 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.