View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1433 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 43393313331383142314281431143214331434143514381443 ... LastLast
Results 28,641 to 28,660 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Eyyy... no?

For the record, don't even think I'm using it for any actual "I'm a Fascist" reasons. I'm using it because

a. It does look cool.
    b. I intend to use it in a story (that's pretty much vaporware right now).
    Cool, public warning.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    If you say so? *rolls eyes*

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    And everyone acting surprised Trump's "ultra conservative" SCOTUS is not accepting these strange lawsuits shouldn't. Trump also appointed like... two, out of those Judges.
    Trump put 3 up there and there were already 2 Ultra cons in Thomas and Alito, so yeah it looked pretty stacked in his favour.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I'm... honestly not entirely sure why he needs a warning over a political symbol. Is it considered hate speech?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Trump put 3 up there and there were already 2 Ultra cons in Thomas and Alito, so yeah it looked pretty stacked in his favour.
    Ah yes, I almost forgot Gorsuch. Weird since he's the one that I actually looked up to (so did I for RBG/RGB and Scalia).

But I don't think even then, they are going to go and do something so blatantly partisan. The odds of triggering a civil war would actually be extremely high if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    I'm... honestly not entirely sure why he needs a warning over a political symbol. Is it considered hate speech?
    Apparently so. I mean, it's not the kind of symbol you see outside its country of origin (maybe some associated states, if that), but if Leftovers doesn't like it, I ain't going to die on said hill. If he does take issue with me saying I'd rather have a coup in Spain by the sort of far right Vox instead of putting up with Mr-We-Won't-Investigate-Child-Abuse-Allegations-on-the-Balearics-Because-Our-Party-is-Involved, then I might have to stab myself on that hill.

But beyond my strong belief that symbols mean what you intend them to and the plans, still in line, to use this in a work of fiction, are not going to be changing.

I mean, there are bars in Spain who use it as decoration (though those are actually facha)
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; December 12th, 2020 at 02:41 PM.

I mean it worked [kinda]

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean it worked [kinda]
    I had it removed, so it didn't.

read that again

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would you be asking the same question if it were a swastika? Because it's really not that different.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    That's the thing, though. Nazi symbolism is much more strongly connected with racial violence and instigating conflict than Francoism where I'm from. Tbh, most people don't even really seem aware that Spain was Fascist at one time. Despite how significant it was for American journalism here and the big names that covered the conflict, or the Nazi involvement on behalf of Franco against the Republican forces.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, either, what with both sides targeting civilians during the Civil War. So I'm just left wondering if the imagery of the Francoist movement carries quite the same meaning as the double sieg, sun wheel, or swastika. Fascism comes in different flavors, same as Communism, Capitalism, etc...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Twelve, come on, man; please don't play Devil's Advocate to fascist symbols!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Would you be asking the same question if it were a swastika? Because it's really not that different.
    Ironically, depending on the angle and color of the swastika, it wouldn't even be Nazi at all. Buddha's hyper beams in that Journey to the West sequel series were that shape. IIRC, Neji's forehead symbol was also to be that shape before the author changed it to prevent it from triggering ignorant, meddling westerners (as I say with the greatest contempt).
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    And yet, here are at least a couple people here who directly admitted to being communists, connecting to the CCP or otherwise.

Thankfully in this occasion it was accompanied by posts about how Francoist Spain was the proverbial good times, so there's little ground for the dance of how the swastika/fasces/meander is actually an ancient neutral symbol with no political connotations whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Nah, it's more being an advocate for free speech, even the stuff I disagree with. Be it political ideology or symbolism. I'm not a fan of Fascism, but labeling its symbols as hate speech opens the door to labeling any and all political symbols as the same. I'm sure Lvl would be happy to regale us about the atrocities that could be linked to the old Hammer and Sickle, and there are plenty of people who rightfully have grievances against the old Stars and Stripes. After a certain point, you end up left with the same sort of views on speech as ISIS. "No symbols but our own. No words but our words." And then you're left with exactly the same sort of monster you opposed in the first place; an authoritarian that can't acknowledge the other except as a threat and crushes those who dare to object.

That's not really a place I want to be headed, ideologically.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Thankfully in this occasion it was accompanied by posts about how Francoist Spain was the proverbial good times, so there's little ground for the dance of how the swastika/fasces/meander is actually an ancient neutral symbol with no political connotations whatsoever.
    Well, I didn't really say that. I just said a literal dictator was better person than the current person in charge to highlight how balls to the wall horrible said POS is. I don't think anyone would actually prefer El Caudillo's regime to come back over it though.

Though it speaks tons that our options would be "retarded PM" or "Que Viva El Caudillo!". This makes me almost miss Aznar... and I was a child when he ruled! Also, he sent troops to Iraq, which was beyond retarded as well.

I'm not a fan of Fascism, but
    Fascinating soapboxing about the inalienable right to display the symbols of fascist movements and ideologies. Sadly BL is also one such regime, and we just can't allow the competition.

Blog Entries
    Lol, so says the moderators XD.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Nah, it's more being an advocate for free speech, even the stuff I disagree with. Be it political ideology or symbolism. I'm not a fan of Fascism, but labeling its symbols as hate speech opens the door to labeling any and all political symbols as the same. I'm sure Lvl would be happy to regale us about the atrocities that could be linked to the old Hammer and Sickle, and there are plenty of people who rightfully have grievances against the old Stars and Stripes. After a certain point, you end up left with the same sort of views on speech as ISIS. "No symbols but our own. No words but our words." And then you're left with exactly the same sort of monster you opposed in the first place; an authoritarian that can't acknowledge the other except as a threat and crushes those who dare to object.

That's not really a place I want to be headed, ideologically.
    Stalin did kill around upwards of 10 million people and then there's the whole Cultural Revolution so... OTOH, we have the White Terror, and if you do choose to treat Francoism as a continuation of Nazism, the obvious (Holocaust, Night of Broken Glass, Africa Corps, etc).

But even if I was actually advocating for Francoism, I'd associate said ideology more to whatever it is Pinochet was preaching in Chile and to a lesser extent, Peronism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    read that again
    I did and the meaning didn't change. I didn't acknowledge anything I didn't already.

Blog Entries
    Ummm, yeah. I more just meant that a lot of comparatively acceptable movements have also done horrible things over the years, or are actively doing so now.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Ummm, yeah. I more just meant that a lot of comparatively acceptable movements have also done horrible things over the years, or are actively doing so now.
    China, Russia, the US, India, Cambodia, Saudi Arabia...

Even Canada...