View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1454 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 45495413541404144414491452145314541455145614591464 ... LastLast
Results 29,061 to 29,080 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Nah. He'll just shift to Gab or Parler. It'll make the silo-effect worse, but it'll also make tracking Right-Wing extremists easier for the Feds.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Now he'll try to join in as, successively, Ronald Crump, Realer Donald Trump, Trump Donald, Handsome D Trump, and Reynald Trimp.

Blog Entries
    He does have a record of placing phone calls in praise of himself or in critique of his enemies using pseudonyms.

Really though, now is the time to start taking bets on how long it'll be before he has a sudden "acute illness" or "accident." This guy's pretty clearly a major national security risk for a number of reasons. A government security detail isn't always good for your health.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Nah. He'll just shift to Gab or Parler. It'll make the silo-effect worse, but it'll also make tracking Right-Wing extremists easier for the Feds.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/22...ler-play-store
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Rofl. Big Tech pissed.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Ooh, finally, we get personal attacks.
    did you miss Spinach's hot takes and responses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    If people actually followed basic guidelines, we would be much better off, trying to equate that as fascistic or taking away their freedoms

if you follow the guidelines and they still send people to your business saying you arent safe enough (yet the guy next door who does the same is cool with them) and you expendend your savings and the government doesn't give you money...

- - - Updated - - -

trying to protest the principle rather than any solid grievance.
    yes because everything is grounded on principles and some people, you know, people who place greater value in moral and conceptual values, dont care about material grievances.

this is why we protect / criminalize some things proactively even before actual harm is created.

people of varying ideologies hold certain things sacred or disrespectful. just because you hold nothing sacred or dont agree on what they hold sacred, you dont get to criticise them.

so what do you hold sacred? your country's history? your parent's honor? your degree? you perception of reality? your level of knowledge? your god? the rainbow flag? the black fist flag? want me to start performing some hate speech on any of them? if me doing it would get you in the slightest bit angry, you dont get to talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Just up and down, MAGA has done everything wrong to exacerbate things during this pandemic, trying to argue otherwise is literally spinning alternative facts.
    Florida is the only Republican state in the top deaths from the pandemic and that is because they have a ton of seniors and the lab companies have suspect finantial interests.

and that is because they are the retirement capital of the US with 20-25% of the population in that state being over 65

- - - Updated - - -

trying to equate that as fascistic or taking away their freedoms is some of the dumbest shit I've seen all decade.
    yes, because if you are raised to hold the values that police dont harm the innocent and the law abbiding and they dont needlessly hurt people who arent bothering anyone and they are loyal to the police force with their support in return and they suddenly not only stab you in the back but also protect the people that act as criminals according to your moral values, you get pissed.

WOW, it isnt like there was a reason why "betrayal" was considered the greatest sin since ancient times and we all still execute traitors in the 21st century
    Last edited by fire_mountain_30; January 8th, 2021 at 10:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Those who died during the riots.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

Florida is the only Republican state in the top deaths from the pandemic and that is because they have a ton of seniors and the lab companies have suspect finantial interests.
    That's probably just looking at raw numbers, which of course is going to seem that way since most of the more populated states are Democratic, and the GOP tends to excel in the rural areas. Looking at per capita, as of today, in the top 10 you have Massachusetts, both Dakotas and Mississippi. Florida is actually middle of the pack, which is surprising for how crazy that place is, but I guess cramped city is worse for spreading than swampland.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any account that Trump tries to post from is getting deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Any account that Trump tries to post from is getting deleted
    i did that to food once, I wonder if Twitter is enjoying it as much as I did
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How many "not food 123"'s are we up to by now? It's got to around 30, right? He come's back every year or so, plus that one time he did like 15 at once.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Well the noble phantasm I wrote for myself back in my servant style thread was “1000 dead food puppets.”

seemed fitting for the ascension phantasm that all admins class servants had

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i cant believe the thread poll is relevant again
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    i cant believe the thread poll is relevant again

Given that the last time Trump was impeached literally nothing came of it, I'd argue that it was never relevant to begin with. Nothing seems to have changed.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    thus commences the DJT suicide watch
    Even though it doesn't surprise me, you seem to be enjoying this a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Err, Gab is kind of hard to track and he already has a sizable following there. Also, Progressive Web App, so no Store bans that count.

This however makes me realize there really should be an Apple vs Commission fight as Apple is the sole distributor of software for their OS, which means they essentially control software restrictions on their operating system, which was ruled against by the EU.

Google gets away with it because sideloading, though they are still notoriously prickly when it comes to loading stuff they won't allow in the Store.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Now he'll try to join in as, successively, Ronald Crump, Realer Donald Trump, Trump Donald, Handsome D Trump, and Reynald Trimp.
    Ronald Trunk. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    i did that to food once, I wonder if Twitter is enjoying it as much as I did
    You're not supposed to enjoy your job Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    How many "not food 123"'s are we up to by now? It's got to around 30, right? He come's back every year or so, plus that one time he did like 15 at once.
    Is it like the Pizza guy over at Forocoches? (a guy that made 20 alt accounts to fanboy all over Apple).

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Given that the last time Trump was impeached literally nothing came of it, I'd argue that it was never relevant to begin with. Nothing seems to have changed.
    It never really was since the question was pointless: it should've been whether Trump is removed from office or not. Anyone can be impeached, but not much might come from it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    if you follow the guidelines and they still send people to your business saying you arent safe enough (yet the guy next door who does the same is cool with them) and you expendend your savings and the government doesn't give you money...
    A legitimate grievance, but remind me which party was bending over backwards to legally protect corporations from dealing with any coronavirus lawsuits as a result of their lax operating standards while providing no assistance to the workers and small businesses. In case you forgot, this was the Republican party outside of one or two people in all of Congress and Trump's administration.

Not to mention that the idea of the economy staying open will keep things afloat is a poor one when the death rate keeps increasing without a lockdown.

yes because everything is grounded on principles and some people, you know, people who place greater value in moral and conceptual values, dont care about material grievances.
    Like all the Republicans who love slashing corporate tax rates and giving corporations bailout money while raising the middle finger to everyone else not ultra-rich? The same ones who have twisted the idea of "Pro-Life" to mean "Pro-Birth"? The same ones who want to enforce the "Christian"-equivalent of Sharia law?

this is why we protect / criminalize some things proactively even before actual harm is created.
    Nearly every terrible discriminatory social and anti-competition business law since Reagan you can lay at the feet of the Republican party either by drafting it in the first place or being the party that overwhelmingly supports something like Biden's 1994 Crime Bill.

people of varying ideologies hold certain things sacred or disrespectful. just because you hold nothing sacred or dont agree on what they hold sacred, you dont get to criticise them.

so what do you hold sacred? your country's history? your parent's honor? your degree? you perception of reality? your level of knowledge? your god? the rainbow flag? the black fist flag? want me to start performing some hate speech on any of them? if me doing it would get you in the slightest bit angry, you dont get to talk.
    Despite what Republican talking points like to say, no law in favor of gay marriage or racial justice actually impacts one's ability to practice what they hold true in privacy of their homes. Nothing about a law that protects a woman's right to an abortion forces a woman to get an abortion.

I mean, as the Right likes to say, if they don't like how things are shaping up in their communities, they're free to move elsewhere, no?

and that is because they are the retirement capital of the US with 20-25% of the population in that state being over 65
    As pointed out earlier, this isn't that big a shocker when population hubs skew towards Democrats in the first place. Per capita view shows that Republicans have been the hardest hit since New York slowed down the first wave of outbreaks in its state.

yes, because if you are raised to hold the values that police dont harm the innocent and the law abbiding and they dont needlessly hurt people who arent bothering anyone and they are loyal to the police force with their support in return and they suddenly not only stab you in the back but also protect the people that act as criminals according to your moral values, you get pissed.

WOW, it isnt like there was a reason why "betrayal" was considered the greatest sin since ancient times and we all still execute traitors in the 21st century
    Sounds like someone living in a dream world that ignores the reality that nothing has fundamentally changed for certain people since Martin Luther King Jr's assassination. Especially when those willfully ignorant are the people, by and large, that escalate any kind of protest against their ideological preferences but don't get charged with it because the police, to a certain extent, sympathize with them more than the oppressed.

As people continually point out, imagine just how much differently the events on Capital Hill would have turned out if the mob wasn't practically all white and self-identified Christian.
    Last edited by Trubo; January 9th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    That is the one thing that irritates me the most. We have piss poor safeguards that relies on the subject in questions good will, but the few safeguards that don't completely rely on the "good faith" of all those involved is totally ineffectual not once, but twice in the face of rampant eschewing of moral practices.
    The gloves should be off at this point, but it would be ironic if the only time impeachment worked is when he was already going to be voted out anyway. At the very least he should have no rights to a position anywhere near the government ever again.