View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 318 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2182683083133163173183193203233283684188181318 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i had to watch that twice to make sure i didnt mishear it or something
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    The Ru-B-O is definitely a human and will be great human president for your...I mean, our...race as humans, isn't it great being human, fellow humans, beep beep blort
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    tobias if you had to pick one

cruz or trump

no flying to germany this time

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    ok, ill fly to japan instead. I have lived there before, ill do it again. ill hide out in the land of waifu's and dreams, and you will never find me.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    tobias if you had to pick one

cruz or trump

no flying to germany this time
    realtalk the right answer here is trump

cruz knows exactly what he's doing, he's going to change this country
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    wow trump was right japan really is killing us

theyre even taking our admins now

Blog Entries
    seriously though, probably trump. See while I believe that both cruz and trump would be very poor presidents, the senate, even though they hate him, would probably fall behind president cruz and obviously the house would as well, meaning cruz could get a great deal done legislatively. Trump on the other hand, would likely immediately fall to tangling with the senate since he wouldn't allow them to dictate policy to him and the senate would be unlikely to muster majorities in favor of his agenda. as a result, cruz is more threatening, if you ignore the unpleasant possibility that trump nukes china or something.

Blog Entries
    Cruz is significantly more likely to nuke China than Trump, honestly. Like, you see this guy, he does business in China all the time, you know, he's got a lot of friends over there and
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    ok, ill fly to japan instead. I have lived there before, ill do it again. ill hide out in the land of waifu's and dreams, and you will never find me.
    I don't think there's any way to get a visa that lasts the whole presidential term without finding a company to sponsor you though.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; February 9th, 2016 at 02:10 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I don't think there's any way to get a Visa that lasts the whole presidential term without finding a company to sponsor you though.
    Beckme Taiga's VA for the Fate remake then.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Blog Entries
    Just move to Thailand, pretty sure getting tiger would be a few hundred at most

Cruz is a stereotypical right wing evangelical religious Republican whereas Trump is actually somewhat moderate in some areas.

@economists

Why would anyone buy a 10 year bond with negative yield? Surely inflation will wipe you out if nothing else?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvia View Post
    @economists

Why would anyone buy a 10 year bond with negative yield? Surely inflation will wipe you out if nothing else?
    Uh right off the top of my head:

Because of some regulation, you are required to hold government bonds and therefore have to suck it up and take it. For example a lot of pension funds have defined asset allocation, US Social Security has to buy US Treasury, you have risk tolerances so low that you have to accept negative yield along with it, etc.
    If you expect deflation greater than the negative yield.
    Possibly because you expect it to appreciate against other currencies? And so if this appreciation is high enough you still get a profit when you unwind the position.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect that the largest group out of those would probably be the first?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @economists

Individuals wouldn't, but, as Leo said, some institutions are required to buy them for whatever reason. Largest group that does this is the Fed.
    Last edited by Trubo; February 9th, 2016 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Thanks

Although physically holding cash seems to be better in the second and third situation, but may not be possible / practical I guess

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Although physically holding cash seems to be better in the second and third situation, but may not be possible / practical I guess
    Well as you've just figured, it's way easier to hold and, very importantly, transact, a billion CHF in 10 year bonds than in coins. And past a certain point nobody actually holds cash - if you talk about Apple's 'cash on hand' most of that is actually just short-term securities anyways.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    those facial expressions

hes reminding me of W

Blog Entries
    1% in.

Its happening. I am hoping for a surprise christie showing so that he goes off the handle and starts lobbing bombs at rubio for the next few weeks since it worked in NH.

say what you will about that fat bastard, the man can deliver a zinger.