View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 601 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915965996006016026036066116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Ok going to provide the actual transcript so people can judge Mac's interpretation on their own

Donald J. Trump: You know and ...Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.
    Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
    Unknown: Whoa.
    Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.
    Unknown: That’s huge news.
    Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.
    She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —
    I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
    Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as shit. In the purple.
    Trump: Whoa! Whoa!
    Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!
    [Crosstalk]
    Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.
    [Crosstalk]
    Trump: All right, you and I will walk out.
    [Silence]
    Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.
    Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —
    Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    What, like making tea but with alcohol instead of water?
    you dump it in the tea
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I mean, to believe that they're all sitting around laughing about sexually assaulting women together you have to already subscribe to a cartoonish supervillain view of Trump.
    You don't have to subscribe to anything, you just have to be able to see and hear things

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Trump's specific quote was "they let you do it" and while this is certainly locker-room banter, it isn't an admission of guilt, nor is it enough to conclude that he does commit sexual assault. It implies that some women are attracted to wealth and popularity, and accordingly present cues that indicate consent. Trump has lived long enough to have enjoyed it. It's basic celebrity stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    thats basically a hot toddy. Delicious on a cold day.
    You don't want to know what I read the first sentence as.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Ok going to provide the actual transcript so people can judge Mac's interpretation on their own
    Control Shift V, please
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Trump's specific quote was "they let you do it" and while this is certainly locker-room banter, it isn't an admission of guilt, nor is it enough to conclude that he does commit sexual assault. It implies that some women are attracted to wealth and popularity, and accordingly present cues that indicate consent. Trump has lived long enough to have enjoyed it. It's basic celebrity stuff.
    Please wake up for college sexual assault seminar if you're going to say that consent is simply not saying no
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    You don't want to know what I read the first sentence as.
    Iunno, something about a hot body?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I think that's missing some of it. Where's the GRAB EM comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    So it's tying Hillary's capability and credibility directly to her husband's past deeds, while at the same time refusing to tie Trump's questionable statements and actions to his capability and credibility cause 'it has nothing to do with it'?
    There were allegations in the past about Hillary helping Bill cover up his crimes, so to speak. Threatening women who were assaulted not to speak out, pressuring one get an abortion, etc. Whether they're true, you can decide on your own. But it's not excusing Trump; it's pointing out that you sullied people on both sides. Which incidentally, is what I would expect Hillary to push these attacks in the first place for, since beforehand she was the only one tied to these sort of things.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Oh good frosty is here now

Blog Entries
    Iunno, something about a hot body?
    That or hot titty, take your pick.

Blog Entries
    All of the media elites and politicians lament that, but it's their own fault for ignoring their voters until they had to deal with a Brexit-like pushback.
    I feel I should point out that a meeting of UKIP's own MEPs unanimously condemned Trump and Farage for supporting him last week.

UKIP are some bloody loonies, but they've looked at this movement which is part of the same supposed wave as them and gone, "Nope, don't want any part of that."
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    That or hot titty, take your pick.
    You know me too well.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's tiddy, you've got to get the exact wording right otherwise the pun doesn't work so well.

And it's a Tobi post, you know it was intentional... right?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I feel I should point out that a meeting of UKIP's own MEPs unanimously condemned Trump and Farage for supporting him last week.

UKIP are some bloody loonies, but they've looked at this movement which is part of the same supposed wave as them and gone, "Nope, don't want any part of that."
    I think the movement itself has a lot of potential, and Trump is like the only person who could have taken it this far. But he's probably going to fall under the weight of his own flaws; the same flaws that made it possible to come this far in the first place. Hopefully that means someone else can carry the flag forward in the future.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I have a question

if you take the "well they both are terrible human beings" argument as true, doesn't that basically mean you should be deciding on each based on their ability to be president?

and by that metric how has Hillary not proved herself trump's superior?

this election, when Hillary was down, she bounced back. When she had a problem in her campaign, she fixed it. When she needed to, she found it within herself to win when she needed to, the first debate being an excellent example.

Against that, trump has consistently failed to understand multiple parts of the electoral process, proven himself unwilling to do parts of the job that were personally uncomfortable, and at the absolute least has ruthlelessly exploited Americans less impressive mindsets and political factions to get what he wants.

to put that another way, isn't the fact that one month out, Hillary is absolutely curb stomping trump excellent evidence that she is just straight up better at running a national political organization then trump will ever be?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I have a question

if you take the "well they both are terrible human beings" argument as true, doesn't that basically mean you should be deciding on each based on their ability to be president?

and by that metric how has Hillary not proved herself trump's superior?

this election, when Hillary was down, she bounced back. When she had a problem in her campaign, she fixed it. When she needed to, she found it within herself to win when she needed to, the first debate being an excellent example.

Against that, trump has consistently failed to understand multiple parts of the electoral process, proven himself unwilling to do parts of the job that were personally uncomfortable, and at the absolute least has ruthlelessly exploited Americans less impressive mindsets and political factions to get what he wants.

to put that another way, isn't the fact that one month out, Hillary is absolutely curb stomping trump excellent evidence that she is just straight up better at running a national political organization then trump will ever be?
    Running for President is not the same as being President.

But putting that aside, even granting what you say is true, the point is Hillary is experienced at taking America in the wrong direction. It doesn't really matter if Hillary very excellently drives us off a cliff.

I'd rather support someone that's at least stumbling in the right direction than someone steadfastly making progress in the wrong one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    It's tiddy, you've got to get the exact wording right otherwise the pun doesn't work so well.

And it's a Tobi post, you know it was intentional... right?
    It wasn't actually. I won't say hot tiddy is impossible to read out of that, but it hadn't even occurred to me someone might read it that way.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    I should like to point to the DNC's internal memoranda as well. It indicates a textbook Machiavellian approach to controlling politics, and pushing agendas I don't care much for. I'm confident that the Republican party is much the same, simply hindered by tripping on its own feet this year.

Trump is at the very least an incarnation of populist outrage. I don't imagine that either a Republican or Democratic Congress would let him do very much, but I think the sentiment pushing his vote is, in addition to the backing of the very visibly loony elements of the far right, also attracting those Bernie supporters who are strongly enough against the main body of the Democratic party that they'd switch lines over it.

Moreso than the presidential election, what interests me more is the Congressional election.

If the country doesn't go strongly one way all at once, all us Americans can look forward to four years of gridlock, alongside the increased polarization of the political arena for the next round of American Dollar Coin Face.

Banned
    I think the movement itself has a lot of potential, and Trump is like the only person who could have taken it this far. But he's probably going to fall under the weight of his own flaws; the same flaws that made it possible to come this far in the first place. Hopefully that means someone else can carry the flag forward in the future.
    I too hope that everyone that isn't a straight white man will be returned to their place

What the fuck is wrong with you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I too hope that everyone that isn't a straight white man will be returned to their place

What the fuck is wrong with you
    Calm down, don't get personal.