View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 742 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2426426927327377407417427437447477527928421242 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,840 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    ...No he hasn't!?
    He's got establishment picks, wall street guys, alt-right sympathizers, Ted Cruz-style conservatives... (all of them hated him except alt-right and fought him every step of the way) and he's looking at some Democrats too.

He's even been reaching out to old school Bush appointees, like Condoleezza Rice.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    he's looking at some Democrats too.
    They're the Gary Busey of the staff appointment Celebrity Apprentice; there to keep people watching but you know they don't actually have a chance.

Banned
    He's got establishment picks, wall street guys, alt-right sympathizers, Ted Cruz-style conservatives... (all of them hated him except alt-right and fought him every step of the way) and he's looking at some Democrats too.
    Mac, gathering the Republican garbage pile around you is not "picking from all sides." And if you think, not to harp on this but, that the guy who wants to put JEFF SESSIONS AND STEVEN BANNON in the White House is going to pick someone remotely concerned with civil liberties or indeed reality anywhere near power well

- - - Updated - - -

Mac he literally campaigned on making a special registry WITH YOU ON IT, why don't you care about these things

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    This is not a convincing endorsement.

Are your media also counting the growing wealth of Trump's cabinet and watching as it climbs and climbs?
    I mean, it was just about as true of the Obama cabinet - maybe not quite as many Goldman people explicitly but that was a plenty millionaire crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

He's even been reaching out to old school Bush appointees, like Condoleezza Rice.
    this is all we needed to make america great again, old school W appointees
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I never said I liked it.

If you win you should just stock the administration with your guys. But it flies in the face of Trump being a rigid nazi hardliner or whatever, he doesn't care about any of that and only looks at credentials and competence, so at least I have confidence in his judgment that if he ends up picking someone like Mitt he probably has a good reason for it.

I still wouldn't pick Mitt though if it was me.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    he doesn't care about any of that and only looks at credentials and competence
    what parallel timeline do you post from

e: HE PUT A CLIMATE CHANGE DENIER THAT WORKS FOR COAL COMPANIES IN CHARGE OF THE EPA

Blog Entries
    he doesn't care about any of that and only looks at credentials and competence, so at least I have confidence in his judgment that if he ends up picking someone like Mitt he probably has a good reason for it.
    If that article about how he ran the Apprentice is true he literally never looks at credentials and competence, he just goes with his gut and whether or not he personally likes someone then hires someone else to justify how that decision was based on facts later.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    This is not a convincing endorsement.

Are your media also counting the growing wealth of Trump's cabinet and watching as it climbs and climbs?
    He's draining the swamp. Amirite.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    what parallel timeline do you post from
    He fired Chris Christie from everything so that's a point for recognizing competence
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    If that article about how he ran the Apprentice is true he literally never looks at credentials and competence, he just goes with his gut and whether or not he personally likes someone then hires someone else to justify how that decision was based on facts later.
    Well, the sense I get from Trump is that he's never been the type to self reflect and articulate reasons for why what he does works, but he just figured it out through his gut and experience. Just based on the people he keeps floating in the running though, it's not exactly what you'd pick if you were going for an alt-right dream team. There's establishment people, conservatives, and so forth, and the one thing they all share so far is being very credentialed.

> e: HE PUT A CLIMATE CHANGE DENIER THAT WORKS FOR COAL COMPANIES IN CHARGE OF THE EPA

So? That's part of his working class pitch to bring back those kinds of jobs. Dismissing those kinds of concerns is what made the Democrats lose, so they'll have to accommodate it in some way rather than just assume it's evil for people wanting to work.

Also, why are you so against Bannon. He just ran Breitbart and that's not racist for posting troll headlines.

Banned
    I give up

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Also, regarding the muslim registry, come on, Rodyle, like the government doesn't already have that stuff on hand.

The no-fly list is already basically a muslim registry, and the "terrorism watch list" is just a polite way of saying "muslim registry." Between all the data out there, you're being naive if you don't think the government already has this stuff ready to go when they want to look someone up.

It's basically unnecessary really because it already exists. Trump just went ahead and proposed a less dressed up version, but it doesn't change what's happening. And he walked back those comments later anyway.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Well, the sense I get from Trump is that he's never been the type to self reflect and articulate reasons for why what he does works, but he just figured it out through his gut and experience. Just based on the people he keeps floating in the running though, it's not exactly what you'd pick if you were going for an alt-right dream team. There's establishment people, conservatives, and so forth, and the one thing they all share so far is being very credentialed.

> e: HE PUT A CLIMATE CHANGE DENIER THAT WORKS FOR COAL COMPANIES IN CHARGE OF THE EPA

So? That's part of his working class pitch to bring back those kinds of jobs. Dismissing those kinds of concerns is what made the Democrats lose, so they'll have to accommodate it in some way rather than just assume it's evil for people wanting to work.

Also, why are you so against Bannon. He just ran Breitbart and that's not racist for posting troll headlines.
    It's very simple. Democrat is good and Republican is bad and and when you look at it that way Trump's cabinet isn't diverse at all.

Banned
    Okay no, I'm going to make one last try.

1. Mac, you clearly are determined to ignore the facts on Breitbart but you will at least concede this: you admit that Bannon is Alt-Right yes? If that's the case, why is he in the cabinet? The Alt-Right has no actual political foothold, there's not one single reason to keep Bannon around after election day anymore than there is to ramble on about walls or special prosecutors.

2. Yes, the government has that data on hand. So why does there need to be a special list for Muslims? We don't need to canvas our citizenry, we have that on census data, and we already take note of where people are coming from on entering the country. It serves no purpose.

3. Trump can't bring back coal jobs and there's no reason to continue to pretend that he can after election day anymore than there is to pander to the Alt-Right. Coal is non-competitive even without restrictions, and those restrictions are there for the very good reason of not putting us all underwater.

4. The Dems are not assuming it's evil to want to work, they just aren't willing to lie and say non-competitive industries that ravage the planet can or should be brought back with the wave of the hand.

5. Jeff Sessions is the outspoken enemy of every step of progress made since literally the repeal of Jim Crow and he's going to be attorney general

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    1. I mean, he was leading the guy's campaign. He's basically his Karl Rove or David Plouffe. His selection has more to do with his media mastery than anything else; Trump cares about interacting with the media more than anyone else. On other areas, like his nationalist sentiments, they align, so there's some compatibility instead of hiring someone that wants to turn him into Jeb Bush.

2. We already have it, so we don't really need it. But since functionally it's the same thing, I don't think it's a big deal. But again he walked that back anyway to pinpointing people coming from hot spots in the Middle East. Most people agree with this stuff.

3. All right, but that's just a policy disagreement. Not something really worth typing in all caps about like it's some self evidently outrageous thing.

4. See #3.

5. Well, when you win an election, you're bound to see parts of the conservative agenda come through, right? You don't expect him to appoint a liberal Democrat. (Though with Trump you never know.) That's just the consequence of losing an election; Republicans and Democrats have lost before and survived. I mean, Obama was literally appointing communists.

As far as Sessions himself, he's just your standard conservative. What makes him stand out is he's been a big voice against illegal immigration and amnesty, and helped Trump form his illegal immigration policy, so putting him there in a law enforcement position is a signal that he's going to be serious about it hopefully.

Blog Entries
    I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Jeff is short for Jefferson and not Jeffrey, that shit is literally intolerable. If I didn't know anything else about him I'd still think he's a total cock just from that alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Jefferson Sessions, holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some peak colonial era plantation owner right there.

Blog Entries
    That's how bad it is, folks.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Is that why people always insist on writing his middle name in there like they're an anime character calling out their rival.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Jefferson Sessions is a solid album name.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean Jefferson Sessions, holy shit.

That's some peak colonial era plantation owner right there.
    I think you're missing a "The Third" in there for maximum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The Jefferson Sessions is a solid album name.
    How isn't that already a Jefferson Airplane album?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.