View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 794 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847897927937947957967998048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,880 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That's in Spain, not Brazil
    Not to mention ours don't run in front of bulls. At least not unless there's a bull run... I actually liked those you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    What shitstorm? Wouldn't Americans be supporting Trump for his gringoistic policies to make America strong again? I'm waiting for him to declare war on almost everyone on Earth.
    FTFY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    It's not irresponsible. It's smart. It worked.

This is like when someone finds a broken new tactic in a game, while everyone else complains that it's OP.

They should just git gud.
    If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid. ~Edward Buck...

Seriously, this shit is so fucking true... Well, wall, here we come...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me of a story my mother told when she was in Spain during the bull run (tho in Barcelona, not Pamplona).

Every morning the breakfast news would show highlights of people being like tossed and stuff by the animals, and the hosts would be super-enthusiatic about showing the people getting injured (no-one was killed during her visit, which I imagine would change the tone somewhat).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    No they just made it so Parliament has to pass the law I just posted instead of the PM just going and doing it.
    Thats kind of what I am talking about. Is parliement going to actually do that? Last I heard they weren't to keen on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Thats kind of what I am talking about. Is parliement going to actually do that? Last I heard they weren't to keen on it.
    Wouldn't it break poor Nigel's heart if it got shot down? Can we get a photo of that exact moment?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    It's not happening. The majority of Parliament is against it; a majority of Parliament will pass it. (Yay, referenda). May will whip for it, maybe up to three lines. Labour's policy right now is, per usual, utterly incoherent, but Corbyn's at least going to support it even if he might continue to be forced to allow the free vote. Together, that'll easily get through.

LDs and SNP will probably whip against it, but I don't think a single one of their MPs would freely vote in favour anyway.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Wouldn't it break poor Nigel's heart if it got shot down? Can we get a photo of that exact moment?
    You cannot stump Brexit. Not unless you like Civil Wars... Seriously, people think it could be better... Actually, it could be far fucking worse...

Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-38760792

Doomsday clock moves forward
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-38760792

Doomsday clock moves forward
    I'm not one to question 15 Nobel laureates but to say that this is just as close to doomsday as the absolute height of the Cold War seems pretty overblown.

Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38722929

On terminating pregnancies

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm not one to question 15 Nobel laureates but to say that this is just as close to doomsday as the absolute height of the Cold War seems pretty overblown.
    It's a purely symbolic and subjective device.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    You cannot stump Brexit. Not unless you like Civil Wars... Seriously, people think it could be better... Actually, it could be far fucking worse...
    Relax, guy, it's just politics, not something important like soccer.

Blog Entries
    Gareth Snell, the newly selected Labour candidate for Tristram Hunt’s vacated seat in Stoke-on-Trent spoke for one section of the party and its voters when he declared that leaving the European Union was “a pile of shit”. The small problem with that stance is that it was a pile that 70 per cent of the people of Stoke-on-Trent voted for.
    On the continuing demise of Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    You cannot stump Brexit. Not unless you like Civil Wars...
    Don't be absurd. Brexit would be stopped either by Parliamentary obstructionism (both highly unlikely and lengthy enough in duration that we'd just hit the next GE and all the pissed-off Brexiteers would simply defect to UKIP) or by a secondary mandate to halt the process, whether another GE or another referendum (also highly unlikely, but would no more lead to civil war than the outcome of this first referendum did).

Seriously, people think it could be better... Actually, it could be far fucking worse...
    Those aren't contradictory statements. Your 'actually' only demonstrates a total fallacy. Until we cause the global nuclear apocalypse, things could always be far worse. That doesn't mean that every situation is acceptable except the single outcome of Armageddon.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Can you imagine the headlines if it passes in the Commons and gets blocked by the Lords lol

Blog Entries
    Can you imagine the headlines if it passes in the Commons and gets blocked by the Lords lol
    Labour's Lord's Lost
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Q: What did Shakespeare say to his wife after the general election

A: "Love, Labour's lost"

Blog Entries
    They'll ram it through with the Parliament Act if the peers get too severe about it, and it's a bill of enough significance that the use of the Act would be proper.

There's probably also an argument that, the referendum being a part of the 2015 Conservative manifesto, enacting the results of that referendum come under the Salisbury Convention. It's a bit tenuous, but I'd at least expect it to be raised by proponents in the Lords, and it's possible that the House will agree.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html

Can someone tell me the upside of Steve Bannon?

Like, I can halfway sorta understand some people liking Trump for his meme status, but Bannon fucking terrifies the living shit out of me and all signs are pointing to him essentially being "Dick Cheney but actually a fucking Nazi this time" and has the charisma of Ted Cruz.

IDK this shit is making me really nervous to the point of questioning whether it might be better to flee the country now cause I kinda would like to avoid dying in an ethnic cleansing.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post

Well, Trump won, so that's an upside for Trump.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post

Like, I can halfway sorta understand some people liking Trump for his meme status, but Bannon fucking terrifies the living shit out of me and all signs are pointing to him essentially being "Dick Cheney but actually a fucking Nazi this time" and has the charisma of Ted Cruz.

IDK this shit is making me really nervous to the point of questioning whether it might be better to flee the country now cause I kinda would like to avoid dying in an ethnic cleansing.
    He's an adorable big tough guy. Just sit back and laugh.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDIGIT View Post
    He's an adorable big tough guy. Just sit back and laugh.
    My self-preservation instincts are kinda overriding my sense of humor on this one.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff