View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 795 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2956957457857907937947957967978008058458951295 ... LastLast
Results 15,881 to 15,900 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html

Can someone tell me the upside of Steve Bannon?

Like, I can halfway sorta understand some people liking Trump for his meme status, but Bannon fucking terrifies the living shit out of me and all signs are pointing to him essentially being "Dick Cheney but actually a fucking Nazi this time" and has the charisma of Ted Cruz.

IDK this shit is making me really nervous to the point of questioning whether it might be better to flee the country now cause I kinda would like to avoid dying in an ethnic cleansing.
    This entire thing terrifies me.

I was holding out some hope that it wouldn't be as bad as we feared but all these latest actions are very worrying. There's so many red flags, it isn't funny.
    Maybe I should be planning a trip to Japan so I can at least have a passport when things go to hell. Not that it'd help me.
    I just hope we can fight off a dark future.

#OwO#

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Relax, guy, it's just politics, not something important like soccer.
    You wish! Soccer has been meh for me. I am not one of those nuts who's head over heels for "La Liga" and "El Clasico"...

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    On the continuing demise of Labour.

Don't be absurd. Brexit would be stopped either by Parliamentary obstructionism (both highly unlikely and lengthy enough in duration that we'd just hit the next GE and all the pissed-off Brexiteers would simply defect to UKIP) or by a secondary mandate to halt the process, whether another GE or another referendum (also highly unlikely, but would no more lead to civil war than the outcome of this first referendum did).

Those aren't contradictory statements. Your 'actually' only demonstrates a total fallacy. Until we cause the global nuclear apocalypse, things could always be far worse. That doesn't mean that every situation is acceptable except the single outcome of Armageddon.
    Not that I am saying something against who will stop it if it is stopped, but rather the outrage that might be caused if it's stopped completely (I can foresee a lot of stalling, but not voiding a referendum. That sets dangerous precedents to void other things).

It also demonstrates that an argument could run left or right. You might as well say it will not be at it's absolute worse unless we reach nuclear war. I might say we will not be able to achieve something like an utopia, which would be the idea, but it does show that people love to blow things out of proportion when things don't go their way and that this happens often.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Labour's Lord's Lost
    Even though I question it, I have a new and incessant urge to write a detective fiction book with that title now...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDIGIT View Post
    He's an adorable big tough guy. Just sit back and laugh.
    He makes Trump look humble and mild-mannered by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I know I will be saying 'Fuck you Mericans' when the world goes under flames thanks to Trump and his happy tree friends.

Maybe a year or two before Fascist America is introduced to the world.
    Last edited by rxrx; January 26th, 2017 at 09:30 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-38760792

Doomsday clock moves forward

Every time anyone mentions the doomsday clock, this springs to mind.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/b...ews-media.html

Can someone tell me the upside of Steve Bannon?

Like, I can halfway sorta understand some people liking Trump for his meme status, but Bannon fucking terrifies the living shit out of me and all signs are pointing to him essentially being "Dick Cheney but actually a fucking Nazi this time" and has the charisma of Ted Cruz.

IDK this shit is making me really nervous to the point of questioning whether it might be better to flee the country now cause I kinda would like to avoid dying in an ethnic cleansing.
    Can you tell me what exactly there bothers you? Because I looked at it and it was just the usual "Republican tells media to stop being biased" thing that every Republican does any time you ask them about the media.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It must be nice to live in your world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Can you tell me what exactly there bothers you? Because I looked at it and it was just the usual "Republican tells media to stop being biased" thing that every Republican does any time you ask them about the media.
    I think it's a bit more extreme then that. He's not just saying they're biased but telling them to shut up altogether, and essentially declaring he considers the free press as an enemy to be thwarted. Not exactly reassuring words coming from one of the president's uppermost advisors...

Blog Entries

The presidency is always at war with the press. No exceptions, even if the press is compliant.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Maybe if the news is always contradicting what you believe it's your beliefs that are wrong and not a giant media conspiracy..... food for thought......

Blog Entries
    It makes sense as long as you embrace the intelligent, simple, and logical premise that the dozens of different major international news organizations throughout the world are engaged in a Byzantine and nefarious plot to control public perception with the veiled dessimation of altered information designed to deceive you of your very soul.

except those cursed do-gooders at FOX of course. Those damn kids are always spoiling the media and hollywoods evil plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries

The presidency is always at war with the press. No exceptions, even if the press is compliant.
    Nice false equivalence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Of course media is self-serving. Those in Hong Kong like to paint a bad picture of China and only report news which reflects badly on them while China does the same. USA likes to shit on the rest of the world and themselves through media while Japanese like to shit on Koreans and pretend innocent of war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Of course media is self-serving. Those in Hong Kong like to paint a bad picture of China and only report news which reflects badly on them while China does the same. USA likes to shit on the rest of the world and themselves through media while Japanese like to shit on Koreans and pretend innocent of war crimes.
    Uhhhhh, what does this have to do with anything and how is it connected to what we're talking about?

Like, aside from "the media" being the subject, this is kinda detached from the conversation in general.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry but Japanese news is super relaxing

Blog Entries
    Uhhhhh, what does this have to do with anything and how is it connected to what we're talking about?

Like, aside from "the media" being the subject, this is kinda detached from the conversation in general.
    Oops, sorry bout that.

Blog Entries
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

That is pretty funny in hindsight.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    funny, but also, soul crushing

funny, but also, soul crushing
    Ya, but joke's on you, my soul's already crushed.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff