View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 834 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248298328338348358368398448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 16,661 to 16,680 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    yeah see most of that shit doesn't apply to humans anymore

welcome to the brave new world of pretty much starting a thousand years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    I mean, far longer than that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    maybe he's calling you an alpha woman and it's meant to be a compliment
    pics of alpha woman strife pls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I mean, far longer than that.
    eh, before that it was still a LITTLE relevant
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    yeah see most of that shit doesn't apply to humans anymore

welcome to the brave new world of pretty much starting a thousand years ago
    When the day comes that we can transfer the mind to a computerized brain unaffected by simple concentrations of hormones and receptors and ingrained ancestral thought pathways, then we will be able to say none of "that shit" applies. Until then, we are slaves to our biology even as we claim to be free. One need only look so far as the way our culture is shaped around the desire for comfort, survival, and sexual reproduction, and then at how those base drives are further warped to produce the elaborate rituals that comprise our daily lives. You may claim we've made progress, but we are still imprisoned in the cage called Human.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    When the day comes that we can transfer the mind to a computerized brain unaffected by simple concentrations of hormones and receptors and ingrained ancestral thought pathways, then we will be able to say none of "that shit" applies. Until then, we are slaves to our biology even as we claim to be free. One need only look so far as the way our culture is shaped around the desire for comfort, survival, and sexual reproduction, and then at how those base drives are further warped to produce the elaborate rituals that comprise our daily lives. You may claim we've made progress, but we are still imprisoned in the cage called Human.
    bloble

i mean, you're great but

you sound super pretentious (which i assume was the goal)

also, you'd be surprised at how little of it is truly relevant these days

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    bloble

i mean, you're great but

Pretention aside, it's as relevant as it's ever been. Every single thing we do, are trained to do, and have ever done, stems in some direct or indirect way from the simple instinct to pass on genetic information. That hasn't changed just because we talk to each other over the internet and fly around on airplanes and watch funny meme videos.

Blog Entries
    The Metal Gear is over there
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not that that means anything, really. Why we do things doesn't really matter to me as much as what we're doing in the first place. But pretending otherwise is a bit rich.

Hmmm meditating for decades in a cave in the Himalayas, is to get laid actually! And I was wondering what was up with that, it was this simple all along!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    bloble

i mean, you're great but

I mean, he's kind of right?? Biological urges do not magically cease to exist once you hit the 20th century, whether they logically "should" apply or not. Of course, the specific ways to apply that are still very much up in the air and it'd be equally naïve to assume every social tradition in the modern (and only modern) day is a result of hard-wired biological fact. I'm certainly skeptical of evolutionary psychology as its applied in a lot of public discourse, but saying humans are no longer bound by an animal nature seems like outright nonsense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, he's kind of right?? Biological urges do not magically cease to exist once you hit the 20th century, whether they logically "should" apply or not. Of course, the specific ways to apply that are still very much up in the air and it'd be equally naïve to assume every social tradition in the modern (and only modern) day is a result of hard-wired biological fact. I'm certainly skeptical of evolutionary psychology as its applied in a lot of public discourse, but saying humans are no longer bound by an animal nature seems like outright nonsense to me.
    Okay but do you know what the original context that brought us to this is?

JP Friend Code
    I mean, you're wrong but in the other direction. There's no specific human instinct to reproduce, but it's a pleasurable and for most people easy to access experience. There's no more instinctive need to reproduce than there is an instinctive need to roll a Mobage Gacha.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Hmmm meditating for decades in a cave in the Himalayas, is to get laid actually! And I was wondering what was up with that, it was this simple all along!
    Clearly just an example of sexual sublimation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kareshy View Post
    easy to access experience
    Y-You too

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post

Y-You too
    I said for most people, and really I just mean that it's not prohibitively expensive. As far as chemical cocktails go skydiving might be as good as sex for all I know, but less people have access to planes than have access to a significant other or a particularly seedy street.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    The ideal human being is fit, fucks a lot, brings home food, puts a roof over people's heads, makes a ton of kids, raises those kids grow up with their heads on straight so they can do everything the ideal human did but better, and makes sure those kids have kids themselves. The vast majority of people strive to be at least some approximation of that ideal, with minor variations between them.

But of course in every population, there are those failures who don't approach that ideal and don't manage to pass on their seed. Perhaps they weren't raised right, or suffer from a low sex drive, or have a number of other flaws and shortcomings that lower overall fitness and ensure they die alone.

Blog Entries
    The ideal human being is fit, fucks a lot, brings home food, puts a roof over people's heads, makes a ton of kids, raises those kids grow up with their heads on straight so they can do everything the ideal human did but better, and makes sure those kids have kids themselves. The vast majority of people strive to be at least some approximation of that ideal, with minor variations between them.

But of course in every population, there are those failures who don't approach that ideal and don't manage to pass on their seed. Perhaps they weren't raised right, or suffer from a low sex drive, or have a number of other flaws and shortcomings that lower overall fitness and ensure they die alone.
    Pretty high minded rhetoric from a guy who wasted his seed in a unicorn ghost, Arihiko

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking back more closely over the wall o' texts Boble posted up... it seems like a confusion over two senses of the word "purpose". Human behavior evolved because it does, as a matter of fact, promote biological fitness. That much is hard fact. But to say that the only desire of conscious beings is to promote their fitness is to make a wholly unjustified leap from the mechanistic "purpose" of natural selection to the chosen purpose of human beings. Evolution doesn't care what he want, only the outcome (and in some cases even the "outcome" can be counter-productive given that modern society is so different then the one humans evolved in).

It's kind of a hard concept to summarize, but this article explains it a whole lot better then I ever could.

kys

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm such a biological fuckup, time to delete BL or kms
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless