View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 835 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3357357858258308338348358368378408458859351335 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,700 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    The ideal human being is fit, fucks a lot, brings home food, puts a roof over people's heads, makes a ton of kids, raises those kids grow up with their heads on straight so they can do everything the ideal human did but better, and makes sure those kids have kids themselves. The vast majority of people strive to be at least some approximation of that ideal, with minor variations between them.

But of course in every population, there are those failures who don't approach that ideal and don't manage to pass on their seed. Perhaps they weren't raised right, or suffer from a low sex drive, or have a number of other flaws and shortcomings that lower overall fitness and ensure they die alone.
    Don't self-hate like this, friend.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i barely can bring home my own food
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    That'd be great if the human population were at a point where it might go extinct if not for those behaviors, but it really isn't like that anymore. (And, arguably never really was.) The existential threats which breeding can solve are no longer a factor, and the ones that are or are potentially won't be solved by fucking until it goes away. This concept "Ideal human" is based on a lot of presumption of the world continuing to be as it was, and even then a lot of the "Survival of the fittest" crowd are not really founding those beliefs on how it actually was. As far back as we go humans that develop culture also tended toward taking care of each other.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Okay but do you know what the original context that brought us to this is?
    Oh right, that.

Gender roles are hard-wired, but moreso into our culture than our biology. The latter is mostly mating rituals, responses to pheremones and such, and physical traits like women tending to be weaker but more long-lived and guys being stronger but shorter-lived, because dudes are expendable and women need to raise children and whatnot. Behaviour-wise, however, the story is different. Religion exists because genes alone came up short when it came to improving fitness, so we turned to memes (using the scientific term here) to finish that job.

The big problem with gender roles is that just like Religion, they're in a limbo between useful and harmful. Back in the day gender roles saved thousands of lives, and now they get in the way more often than not, and stifle growth. Stay in the kitchen used to be to keep women alive and making babies in a dangerous world, but now staying in the kitchen will cause you to lose out on potential profits and result in poverty more often than not. This is a result of new natural selection clashing with old both culturally and biologically: it's much more difficult to discard a trait that's now vestigial than it is to establish a completely new one. We still have wisdom teeth even though we don't need them, we still have five toes even though grasping with the feet is useless, and we still enforce certain gender norms even though they are no longer as necessary to improve fitness.

So yeah, give it some time, we'll see some improvement. Culture as a whole is still fucked though; most of that shit just leads right back around to banging.

Banned
    Holy fuck just post about ladder theory and get it over with

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is actually straight up some homophobic/transonic shit you're spewing so mods?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Also this is actually straight up some homophobic/transonic shit you're spewing so mods?
    My opinions are not those of natural selection, and historical speculation into the role of gender norms/roles does not represent my personal viewpoint. Claiming I'm bigoted in that way is an insult and I take offense to that. Apologize.

JP Friend Code
    When you put the perspective out there that you think anyone who avoids the call of reproduction are being failures of human beings you're skirting pretty close to it already.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    My opinions are not those of natural selection, and historical speculation into the role of gender norms/roles does not represent my personal viewpoint. Claiming I'm bigoted in that way is an insult and I take offense to that. Apologize.
    Sorry, but you two disagree so he's biologically hard wired to challenge you for alpha dominance. No reason to apologize for natural behavior.

Banned
    "if you aren't pumping em out you're basically a genetic failure THAT'S JUST MY OPINION DON'T SHAME"

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    As much as it's comfortable to pretend we've escaped the influence of biology, that's not close to the case. The central purpose of any living organism, and this is quite clearly written into the definition of the term, is to replicate itself and preserve the genetic pattern.

From that frame, the failure to reproduce is most certainly a failure to keep your genes at maximum expression in future generations. So, get over it. It's not that bad.

Banned
    Shocking source of backup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, he's kind of right?? Biological urges do not magically cease to exist once you hit the 20th century, whether they logically "should" apply or not. Of course, the specific ways to apply that are still very much up in the air and it'd be equally naïve to assume every social tradition in the modern (and only modern) day is a result of hard-wired biological fact. I'm certainly skeptical of evolutionary psychology as its applied in a lot of public discourse, but saying humans are no longer bound by an animal nature seems like outright nonsense to me.
    see, yeah, the drive still exists. But's almost entirely vestigial at this point. When was the last time you felt the need to murder a man to fuck his wife or kill your dog to eat it.

then you can talk about urges and being controlled by biology
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    see, yeah, the drive still exists. But's almost entirely vestigial at this point. When was the last time you felt the need to murder a man to fuck his wife or kill your dog to eat it.

then you can talk about urges and being controlled by biology
    Instinct certainly can experience a kind of genetic drift after a few thousand years of less intense selection, but they're not so diluted that they have no effect. Flight/fight responses and sexual arousal, for instance, work almost essentially the same way as they always have.

Of course, it's not to say that humans aren't in some capacity different from chimpanzees. We've developed a taste for replicating and preserving ideas instead of leaving it up to our muscles and our senses. The proliferation and maintenance of knowledge is what gives us our advantage over the various other fleshy, furry things that are by all rights stronger, faster, and more durable than us.

Phenotypes win battles, but memes win the war. That's why we're seven billion strong, and everything else is approaching the last bottleneck.

So relax. It's OK. We're all gonna make it, in some capacity.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Let's talk about honeybees.

Most of those bees don't mate, but that doesn't mean they don't have their own biological/"sociological" niche (if we liken bee groups to human societies) that they fulfill.

So no sweat if one doesn't mate and pass on their genetic code. As long as you're doing something of value to yourself and society, you're 'fit' and have your own 'niche.'

(this is, of course, presupposing that everything in one's genetic portfolio has 'purpose', and isn't actually just a byproduct of some random, benign mutation that was acquired generations prior)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    If evolution is real why do chimpanzees exist still?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, and in response to ad absurdem responses, that's the whole fucking point. If it doesn't physically drive your behavior, it's influence is reduced to the point of being irrelevant.

don't like gays cause they don't make babies? On you. Don't like women in power? Super on you since it happens all over the place in nature. And so on, and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    If evolution is real why do chimpanzees exist still?
    i know you're being ironic but it's called divergent evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    If that exists, then convergent evolution must also exist, in which case why haven't we turned back into chimpanzees yet? Checkmate, atheist.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Analogous traits, my dude...

- - - Updated - - -

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    If that exists, then convergent evolution must also exist, in which case why haven't we turned back into chimpanzees yet? Checkmate, atheist.

No, I'm pretty sure the process has already begun.