View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1273 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2737731173122312631268127112721273127412751278128313231373 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,460 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

wow hes still gonna do it but feminism is over girls its dudes rock all the way from here
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Ah, so #metoo was a fad, according to that. Interesting. Wonder if this means BLM is, too. They cropped up around the same time.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All the people saying how her claims aren't credible are missing the point that Tara's claims are credible based on the standards they established for Kavanaugh. So yeah, hypocrisy at it's finest.

Also enjoy seeing the return of that 2016 talking point of how presumptive nominee doesn't need those people as supporters come November. We'll see, maybe Trump continues to bungle things on his end and Biden's complete absence doesn't harm him at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ah, so #metoo was a fad, according to that. Interesting. Wonder if this means BLM is, too. They cropped up around the same time.
    "Believe the science" is bullshit as well. They all just repeat it like it's a mantra but never do what the science actually recommends.

Politician A goes, "I believe the science." Libs cheer but it doesn't matter whether or not they act on the science what's important is that they believe it.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Generalizations are bad mmkay?

I mean, if you get too "everyone else is a fraud but me" you'll end up cornering yourself.
    You will have to accept that people have the free will to be ignorant, or to not accept things because that is their prerogative, and then move on from there..
    There are a lot of people who can support a movement, but that doesn't mean they are all in agreement.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I have new respect for the bible though. It pretty much accurately portrays how people will act in end of times, with fake prophets and moral guardians inciting the masses, and an Anti-Christ leading the most powerful country in the world, doing stupid stuff but still is popular with those that matters.

If USA under El Presidente can launch an open assassination attempt, rob states of essential PPEs and order people to march to death while denying all of their faults despite being obvious, and people buying their shit, anything can happen next.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Man

I remember the good ole days when every Republican and their mother thought Obama was the Anti-Christ

/s

Blog Entries
    What do you mean "thought?" They still do. They're convinced he'll somehow get a third term eventually.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    What do you mean "thought?" They still do. They're convinced he'll somehow get a third term eventually.
    New theory is Obama will be controlling Bidan behind the scenes.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As for Covid, even though nobody in power is saying it outloud, it seems that the US has decided that the current rate of new infections/daily deaths is OK, which means that we should expect on the vicinity of 50k-100k deaths/month until the pandemic peters out.

Eh, I guess that's one way to deal with it. Keep the propagation number at 1 and ride the loooong wave until group immunity/seasonal factors make it go away.

It's super cavalier though, considering how many deaths it implies, and how little is yet known about the longterm effects of the disease, immunization, etc
    don't quote me on this

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    They were complaining that was what the conservatives were doing til they corrected/backtracked shortly after.

allegedly Third Russian medic falls out of a window after complaining about covid working conditions

Also someone getting shot for trying to enforce covid measures.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    As for Covid, even though nobody in power is saying it outloud, it seems that the US has decided that the current rate of new infections/daily deaths is OK, which means that we should expect on the vicinity of 50k-100k deaths/month until the pandemic peters out.

Eh, I guess that's one way to deal with it. Keep the propagation number at 1 and ride the loooong wave until group immunity/seasonal factors make it go away.

It's super cavalier though, considering how many deaths it implies, and how little is yet known about the longterm effects of the disease, immunization, etc
    Yeah, that seems to be the decision they've reached in our "leadership." Even if they aren't admitting it. I'm just wondering how long they think that's going to go on, what that's going to do to our medical, labor, everything, that somehow makes it an acceptable choice from a fiscal perspective. Because it sure as hell isn't from a moral or ethical one, or even from their usual anti-immigrant positions once the situation is finally under control.

This just utterly feels like madness to me. I can't understand it if it's legit because it's so self-destructive I can't think of a good reason to do it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Generalizations are bad mmkay?

I mean, if you get too "everyone else is a fraud but me" you'll end up cornering yourself.
    You will have to accept that people have the free will to be ignorant, or to not accept things because that is their prerogative, and then move on from there..
    There are a lot of people who can support a movement, but that doesn't mean they are all in agreement.
    Whoever hasnt been hypocritical in the service of their own ideology cast the first stone but yknow

What bothers me is the "credible accusations" part of the question because you can just do what toby is doing here and simply deny credibility. But this suggests a cultural shift towards molestation being a slight transgression again just purely because of partisan thought. And thats kind of insane.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that seems to be the decision they've reached in our "leadership." Even if they aren't admitting it. I'm just wondering how long they think that's going to go on, what that's going to do to our medical, labor, everything, that somehow makes it an acceptable choice from a fiscal perspective. Because it sure as hell isn't from a moral or ethical one, or even from their usual anti-immigrant positions once the situation is finally under control.

This just utterly feels like madness to me. I can't understand it if it's legit because it's so self-destructive I can't think of a good reason to do it.
    Because to them, regular peeps ain't worth shit. So much for human rights when you don't even have the right to live.

Blog Entries
    See, that's the thing, though. A classist hierarchy is a pyramid. If you undermine the foundation, the whole thing falls. A king without a country and a people to rule is just another peasant.

Edit: Wait, I see it now. It's that the actual US population has become irrelevant. Globalization and neoliberalism at this point have offshored so much of the productivity the elites depend on to sustain themselves that the actual US citizens no longer make sufficient impact on their calculations. That's the only way it makes sense.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; May 5th, 2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Bread, circuses, and tribal mentality. Come November at least 60 million people will vote for el presidente and you know he is going to choose the “influence the vote” option
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    As for why: you simply do not have the infrastructure and legislative power to deal with this adequately. I doubt they could do a whole lot if they cared.

Hell a lot of European measures turned out to be unconstitutional looking back on them we just don't really care. I dont think thats possible in American political culture.

As awful as British political culture is the fact that the opposition is just doing standing ovations for Boris now is probably better in the long run for the handling of the pandemic than staunch refutation (then again their power is super limited too compared to murrikan checks and balances)

Blog Entries
    See edit to above post for my take.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    In retrospective, I seem to understand now why there has never been a coup in American politics: the CIC is way too powerful to be decapitated. Therefore, coups fail almost instantly.

And in Britain there's too much squabbling for any coup plotters to emerge.