View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1288 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2887881188123812781283128612871288128912901293129813381388 ... LastLast
Results 25,741 to 25,760 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Please clap
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Right. I said nothing about letting it slide. Just not also becoming a human failure.
    At what point do you become human failure, though? I mean, an armed revolution in the US is probably impossible, but just as a thought exercise: if it were possible, where should the lines be drawn?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, an actually successful armed revolution is unrealistic, even with the current pandemic. If anything, the lack of one in North Korea is probably a good indicator of the viability of one here, in China, or most other advanced nations these days. Conditions have to get a lot worse for anything more than riots and terror cells.

As for drawing the line... frankly, that's really hard to say or do. I can give you a response on where I would like a line to be drawn as a sort of ideal, but we're talking about war. And a drastically imbalanced conflict, besides. Just from a practical standpoint, the underdogs would almost certainly have to resort to tactics that those in power wouldn't. I'd have to think about it more, rather than just running off my internal sensibility of "don't do unnecessary, horrible things to people." What constitutes "unnecessary" for some might not for others.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    At what point do you become a human failure, though?
    I'll let you know when I finish my autobiography!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At what point do you become human failure, though? I mean, an armed revolution in the US is probably impossible, but just as a thought exercise: if it were possible, where should the lines be drawn?
    The thing about an armed revolution is, who decides who gets sent to the chopping block? Even now at least 40% of Americans still support Trump, so would you really be willing to kill every last one of them for the sake of your ideals? The US may be a flawed democracy, but it still loosely is one. It's hard for a leading establishment to take power without at least a fairly broad swathe of the population agreeing with and supporting it, which kind of takes the moral force out of any "populist" revolution (unless you redefine "populist" to mean just "agreeing with my definition of the people's good").

It's not like the old days where you could have the king that everyone hates but still hangs on to power just because nobody had any choice to get rid of them save violent revolution. Of course it's easy to divide people into categories like the "bad rich people" and the "good poor people" and say only the latter represents "the people", but in reality a lot of even lower income people buy into the capitalist/neoliberal dream, not just the rich. (As the saying goes, America isn't filled with poor people, but "temporarily embarrassed millionaires"). You'd have to fight them for the sake of your revolution as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Yeah, an actually successful armed revolution is unrealistic, even with the current pandemic. If anything, the lack of one in North Korea is probably a good indicator of the viability of one here, in China, or most other advanced nations these days. Conditions have to get a lot worse for anything more than riots and terror cells.

As for drawing the line... frankly, that's really hard to say or do. I can give you a response on where I would like a line to be drawn as a sort of ideal, but we're talking about war. And a drastically imbalanced conflict, besides. Just from a practical standpoint, the underdogs would almost certainly have to resort to tactics that those in power wouldn't. I'd have to think about it more, rather than just running off my internal sensibility of "don't do unnecessary, horrible things to people." What constitutes "unnecessary" for some might not for others.
    A revolution founded on blood can continue justifying any number of evils as long as it claims to have a "higher cause". That's the lesson at least the French Revolution teaches.

Blog Entries
    Double standards are fine as long as it is applied to China. That's the common norm. When we go the other hand, we are blasted with using whataboutism. Nice.
    Last edited by rxrx; May 22nd, 2020 at 10:42 PM.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Excessive force to suppress protests or mass incarceration count. By the latter, I mean arbitrary detentions leading to prison.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Double standards are fine as long as it is applied to China. That's the common norm. When we go the other hand, we are blasted with using whataboutism. Nice.
    Bruh, your reaction whenever someone posts a 'China did a naughty' article is always, always, ALWAYS whataboutism
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

In a way giving Hong Kong more autonomy is harder than building a secret democratic base in China.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    In a way giving Hong Kong more autonomy is harder than building a secret democratic base in China.
    They decide to pass the Homeland Security Law after it was discovered that some schools are teaching fabricated history to primary school children (Opium War erupted because Great Britain is trying to stop Qing China from smoking opium) and guiding secondary school kids to support the Japanese occupation and invasion of China. The protests erupted since the Legco can do nothing to stop the laws from passing, and since USA played with those Hong Kong related bills, it seems unlikely that China will back down now.

We believed that no matter the truth, the West WILL blame China for their own lousy handling of the virus, so there really is no need to save face when dealing with Hong Kong which is developing into a hub for anti-Chinese activities. This view is enforced when it is reported that USA is considering to start nuclear tests again, so there is a need to prepare for the worse when Trump decides to nuke us.
    Last edited by rxrx; May 25th, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Man, it's really building up to another thing that never happened over there, huh.

Blog Entries
    Man it never fails to amaze how China can have so much power and still nurse such a huge fucking victim complex

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most good superpower gimmicks were already taken, such as Manifest Destiny and the like
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Man, it's really building up to another thing that never happened over there, huh.
    Depends on what you are talking about. Teaching fabricated history is very real right now and is a problem already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Man it never fails to amaze how China can have so much power and still nurse such a huge fucking victim complex
    Many were fooled by the propaganda of the West, believing that justice will be served dealing with Japanese Invasion and the Eight Nation Alliance. We once thought we were weak and not part of the world and thus ignored, then we realized nobody ever cared about that even if we become strong.

Blog Entries
    Huh, I was under the impression Andy Beshear was rather well-liked as a Governor, despite the fact that he leads an otherwise red state. I'd heard his Coronavirus updates were actually pretty popular, both within Kentucky and beyond.

Kind of a shock, finding out that he was lynched in effigy in front of his own home as part of a protest by gun rights advocates over the lockdown earlier today. Not a good Memorial Day event, methinks. Instead of remembering those we lost, how about protesting measures meant to protect more lives and threatening those who implement them? Truly, I live in a strange nation.

Meanwhile, some of the courts at least are siding with California's governor over his order for religious institutions to not hold indoor services. That'll almost certainly run afoul of the President, what with his stance of religious institutions as essential services. Time for more appeals there.

And this guy keeps building up to contest the election should he lose. Yay.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Huh. Here in Spain we stopped churches from holding Mass for over a month, including all of Easter, and nobody batted an eyelash (not even the clergy)
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Huh. Here in Spain we stopped churches from holding Mass for over a month, including all of Easter, and nobody batted an eyelash (not even the clergy)
    Nobody complain that this is heresy, or that God is bigger than the virus?

Blog Entries
    The virus being so vicious against old folks was an effective deterrent, I think

although Spain as a whole has pretty much eschewed organized religion in recent decades so there's that
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 26th, 2020 at 07:14 AM.
    don't quote me on this