View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1235 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2357351135118512251230123312341235123612371240124512851335 ... LastLast
Results 24,681 to 24,700 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Would not surprise me one bit if we start hearing stories of assholes using this as an excuse to kill their neighbors’ pets, studies or lack thereof be damned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Would not surprise me one bit if we start hearing stories of assholes using this as an excuse to kill their neighbors’ pets, studies or lack thereof be damned
    You already have people burning 4G towers since they believe that 5G is causing the virus to spread. Why 4G? Cause they have no 5G towers yet, and people bitches about when media remove posts saying 5G is causing the virus spread since it is 'violating their freedom of speech'

Who needs ISIS when you have people like this:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/4/21...cy-theory-link
    Last edited by rxrx; April 6th, 2020 at 04:19 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    You are welcome to check my post history. My stance is always been accusations should be taken seriously. But sometimes the serious response to a rape claim is to look someone in the eye and tell them they are lying through their teeth.
    Let me ask you this then: Did you believe Kavanaugh's accusers when their claims of rape from Kavanaugh came out? I'm not going for a whataboutism here, just want to see what differences, if any, you have between Kavanaugh's and Biden's accusers given the number of similarities there are in terms of testimony, as well as the people who initially broke the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Since you asked, some of the stories seemed credible and some didn’t. That’s one of the more interesting and yet frustrating aspects of true vs false allegations. For some people it’s an expression of a deeply held secret, reliving the worst and most awful experience of their lives.

for others it’s a quick chuckle, a shot at 15 minutes of fame, and/or a way to score political points.

you take accusations seriously. But seriously doesn’t mean with breathless wild eyed belief without stopping to consider the validity of claims vs the salaciousness of such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can agree with that, but I think simply dismissing the claim with a single statement from Biden and nothing else isn't the way to approach this. Biden faces increased scrutiny because of his past statements on similar deals, so the lack of any mainstream vetting looks bad for Biden. Could it be hogwash? Sure, but not pursuing this makes it easier for people to say that the MeToo and other movements to try and get justice for rape victims are simply political tools used to criticize an enemy, especially when advocates delete previous statements calling for the same actions taken against Kavanaugh that could implicate the same treatment needed for Biden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Let’s...not retread old ground, shall we? I mean I suppose I could literally go a few days back and cross posts my own remarks on such but that seems like a waste of time. Even with the abundance of it we all find ourselves with these days.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Americans' lives are expandable to Trump. Too bad.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well he already said that when he said that it's perfect fine to have 100k die and his cronies say that the elderly should sacrifice themselves for capitalism.

Blog Entries
    Still amazes me that said elderly are some of his most reliable voters...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Look at that, el presidente has found a way to lower the cost of Medicare far below its year over year projections! Dear leader truly is the greatest mind of our generation

Blog Entries
    Just imagine how much Social Security will benefit!
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    I think they are actually thinking that it is good for the country if the elders die off, solving the problem of aging population.

Blog Entries
    The problem there is that the elderly are part of the workforce here, much like in Japan and China, and in similar industries... and just like in Japan, their government doesn't want to solve that problem through the only really viable solution: immigration.

Put another way, population growth via birth here in the US is fueled by immigrants and ethnic minorities, especially the poorly educated. The poorer a group is, the fewer babies they have and the more likely they are to have abortions. Likewise the better their education level, as such individuals are more likely to focus on their careers first and families later, especially if they have crippling college debt.

Those demographic shifts hit Reps in the nuts time and again.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 6th, 2020 at 01:16 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    The problem there is that the elderly are part of the workforce here, much like in Japan and China, and in similar industries... and just like in Japan, their government doesn't want to solve that problem through the only really viable solution: immigration.

Put another way, population growth via birth here in the US is fueled by immigrants and ethnic minorities, especially the poorly educated. The poorer a group is, the fewer babies they have and the more likely they are to have abortions. Likewise the better their education level, as such individuals are more likely to focus on their careers first and families later, especially if they have crippling college debt.

Those demographic shifts hit Reps in the nuts time and again.
    Which is why I still think it is stupid and immoral to do what the Brits called herd immunity, when you do not even have a working vaccine for it. What they are doing is plain murder, and showing that they don't give a fuck about people's lives. At least Bojo is now the vanguard of his attempt.

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh, but it's perfectly moral... if you're an Objectivist. It's not a big secret that Ayn Rand's ideas had a big influence on conservative politics here. Mostly in allowing for a justification to be completely selfish and transactional in everything as a "valid" code of ethics and morality.

Not many would openly claim it now, I suspect, but the mark the philosophy left on policy remains.

In related news, prepare for this thing to wreck Japan. Abe's not demanding people stay home or giving the authority to do so, and Japan has a lot if old people.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 6th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ahhhh, but it's perfectly moral... if you're an Objectivist. It's not a big secret that Ayn Rand's ideas had a big influence on conservative politics here. Mostly in allowing for a justification to be completely selfish and transactional in everything as a "valid" code of ethics and morality.

Not many would openly claim it now, I suspect, but the mark the philosophy left on policy remains.

In related news, prepare for this thing to wreck Japan. Abe's not demanding people stay home or giving the authority to do so, and Japan has a lot if old people.
    It will be another hell if it breaks lose in Japan, considering the old people there.

How willing are you guys willing to pay 12-20% more on you taxes for M4A?

Very. And it's a net cost savings anyway in terms of out of pocket expenses, but even if it weren't the answer would be yes.

Blog Entries
    Boris Johnson on ICU. Here's hoping for speedy recovery from hospital and straight to funeral.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.