View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1158 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1586581058110811481153115611571158115911601163116812081258 ... LastLast
Results 23,141 to 23,160 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I see. Not going to lie, it seems to me like the usual criminalisation of protesters by people who are either complicit with a government's abuses of power or fail to understand why said abuses are bad. Anyway, I hope more people come to understand you don't usually get people in positions of power to back down just by inviting them to tea or something similar.
    To be honest, things went down the drain when they started to target the airport and the MTR. Not to forget they use bully tactics when you disagree with them, forcing you to join their strike by disrupting your means of transportation and now destroying the MTR station. They cut the wires of traffic lights, MTRs, throw stuff at tracks while the train is running etc at a complete disregard of the innocent people on the train or driving.

The situation is made even more messy when the media cut off the parts or gloss over the parts where the protesters themselves use violence. We see some of these caught on video, so it is hard to support the protesters as time goes by. Most of the people are angry at both sides though, a weak and useless CE and at the same time the violent protesters. You dare not speak up in fear of official prosecution or public bully if you stand on either side. So much for freedom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I don't know about that. Tiananmen was pretty much the same situation, and that still happened. And China is in a far better position now to deal with international pressure than they were then. Are people in the West going to stop buying phones/computers/everything-else-they-use-daily if they crack down? I doubt it.
    Tiananmen was a different case as there are people trying a coup while using the students as their meat shield. It comes down to the line of whether the government rule will fall, and in the case of Hong Kong, it is not that serious since it will not affect CCP's rule in China. Heck, the central government itself is trying to cool down its people from not hating the Hong Kong people, which is failing since many thinks CCP give too much good stuff to Hong Kong, making them believe they are superior to them.
    Last edited by rxrx; September 7th, 2019 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    They seem to be getting desperate and really wants to provoke the Chinese government into action.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Hong Kong is probably going to go the same way as the Yellow Vests to be honest. China doesn't care as long as it stays there and Lam aside, most of the issues the protesters have are from Hong Kong and do not really involve the mainland. Police brutality is a completely Hong Kong problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Hong Kong is probably going to go the same way as the Yellow Vests to be honest. China doesn't care as long as it stays there and Lam aside, most of the issues the protesters have are from Hong Kong and do not really involve the mainland. Police brutality is a completely Hong Kong problem.
    That's what I believe too. It might change though if USA decides to pass that bill though just to provoke China. Speaking of France, it is true that the Yellow Vests have became a norm?

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    That's what I believe too. It might change though if USA decides to pass that bill though just to provoke China. Speaking of France, it is true that the Yellow Vests have became a norm?
    Err, no... I mean, they were kind of something you always need to have in your car, so if there is any protest, it might involve them more often than not.

Blog Entries
    Err, no... I mean, they were kind of something you always need to have in your car, so if there is any protest, it might involve them more often than not.
    Hmm. So what I've heard on how it is only news when the Yellow Vests are not out in France is just rumors?

Hmm. So what I've heard on how it is only news when the Yellow Vests are not out in France is just rumors?
    Probably. Almost certainly humor of the ironic kind.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; September 10th, 2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Warning: There was an attempt to revive them a few days ago though.

Blog Entries
    Probably. Almost certainly humor of the ironic kind.
    It's hard to find a place on Earth that is not involved with some sort of conflict nowadays.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's almost as if this neoliberal system we're living under is exploiting people mercilessly for the sake of a few billionnaires...

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It's almost as if this neoliberal system we're living under is exploiting people mercilessly for the sake of a few billionnaires...
    That, and also how extremists seems to be a new and powerful trend.

Blog Entries
    That, and also how extremists seems to be a new and powerful trend.
    Nothing new there. Extremism crops up whenever somebody feels like their goals and interests, their freedoms, and what the think their life shoulb be are being threatened or destroyed by those they feel have power over them. Having a sense of agency, real or otherwise, mitigates it. However, when people feel like they're losing hard-fought gains, it's even worse. That's not the new stuff, though we hear of it more often now due to our technology and journalists. I feel like what's going on is something else.

There's a lot of change at work in the world today. Power is beginning to shift hands from one generation to another. Technology advances at a breakneck pace, reshaping travel, trade, and communication. Ideas cross the globe faster than a bullet leaves the barrel, connecting once divided social groups for good and ill alike, allowing them to feed on their own narratives in a way that was never before possible. Global trade distorts old economic structures, disenfranchising those who can't adapt. The world boils and burns and drowns all at once as climate change wreaks havoc, devastating entire industries and even nations through drought and storms. Once potable water now hosts toxic algae in places it never before has. Hackers both private and public in their agendas hold governments hostage with ransomware and no one's information, their identity as far as society is concerned, is safe. And the criminals almost always get away. Diseases that were once all but eradicated resurge due to misplaced doubts, paranoia, and misinformation, even as new ones crawl out of the woodwork and extant ones become immune to our only methods of fighting them. People grow scared amidst these uncertainties and turn inwards, rejecting those who are in any way different even as they desperately seek some sense of identity and stability to bring them peace of mind.

Someone might have warned us we were going to have a bad time.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    People have warned us throughout the 20th-century, though, if not earlier. We just didn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    People grow scared amidst these uncertainties and turn inwards, rejecting those who are in any way different even as they desperately seek some sense of identity and stability to bring them peace of mind.
    That, or they become the bane of any real attempt at social change, the so-called "centrists"; more often than not, they just defend the status quo, which more often than not tends toward the conservative (hence why it's the status quo, people!), and that's how so many attempts at actual change are labeled "extremism" regardless of whether or not they deserve it.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; September 11th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    anti-centrist gang represent.

please conclude the world war trilogy

Blog Entries
    Pretty disturbing how the world is heading towards a new WW if things goes on without stop. Almost everywhere is in a slum/bad shape that doesn't seem to have an end. Governments trying to play up hawkish foreign policy to deter attention, while those that cannot do so are caught in domestic turmoil.

Blog Entries
    Right, and yet everyone's still connected by shared economic interests and trade needs. At the same time, no population seems to have the will to jump to anyone else's defense, which is itself arguably a barrier to another WW. We no longer really care about other countries enough to really jump to their defense. Instead, it's more about securing our own interests, bombing raids, drone strikes, and training local fighters using minimal troops. The only countries still sending significant troops are the ones trying to seize territory from other nations. So basically Russia.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Nah. No need for ancient kind of wars where armies face each other in battle. Nuclear apocalypse is the future. Posadist gang represent.

Blog Entries
    Pro Ecofascism move
    Epic World War III prelude moment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49705197

It's been three days. Where's my end of the world?