View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1425 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 42592513251375141514201423142414251426142714301435 ... LastLast
Results 28,481 to 28,500 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Actually, if you were in Canada you'd probably love the National Post.
    Since you cited Wikipedia, let me do so, too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Post Is cited as right-way and lists a hoax
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Uncensored Is cited as anticommunist and has no hoaxes to its name
    I believe you wrote what is described as a "false equivalency".
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    But that is how the conspiracy dealing with China is ran. Remember McCarthyism?
    IDK, did McCarthy have any affiliations with Soviet refugees?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    IDK, did McCarthy have any affiliations with Soviet refugees?
    Does Ayn Rand count?
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ayn Rand is an immigrant, but is she a refugee? Moved vs. ran.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since you cited Wikipedia, let me do so, too:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Post Is cited as right-way and lists a hoax
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Uncensored Is cited as anticommunist and has no hoaxes to its name
    I believe you wrote what is described as a "false equivalency".
    Ok, first of all, I never said the National Post was good, just that you'd like it for being super conservative. Well that's not really true, I think it's hilarious in the same way that a terrible movie or Fox News is. Especially Conrad Black's weekly article. Fun Fact: did you know racism is over in the US because at his minimum security white collar crime prison there were no hate crimes? I think he even talked about the one black guy who was there.

Second, even in that wikipedia article
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    He said he created China Uncensored while reporting on China because he was "tired of the unbiased attitude you had to have as an unbiased news reporter".[4]
    Now I'm not saying you can't watch admittedly biased things. But you don't use them as sources because no one ever takes anything they say seriously. You can use them to go further to find actual studies and such, but the only one of those you've shown has been widely discredited.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Second, even in that wikipedia article
    Now I'm not saying you can't watch admittedly biased things. But you don't use them as sources because no one ever takes anything they say seriously. You can use them to go further to find actual studies and such, but the only one of those you've shown has been widely discredited.
    The same could be said of Wikipedia. Check the source that you linked. China Uncensored basically does to China what The Daily Show and Colbert Report does to the US: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/chin...e-china-trump/ Well, at least, when the Daily Show was good under Jon Stewart. Similarly, in all of China Uncensored's scenes, they will use the headline's source file as the background, so you can check it out yourself.
    you'd like it for being super conservative. Well that's not really true
    First of all, why do you assume that I like "super conservative" things? How many times have I mocked pansy carpenters by now? Also, did your second sentence just contradict your first? I also liked how you completely ignored the recent CNN release about China lying. Again, this is like those movies and games where the "crazy prophet" at the beginning of the thing turns out to be absolutely right.
    "But no one wanted to believe — believe they even existed."
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it dawns in fire."
    "I tried to tell them. They wouldn't listen. Fools. It's all come true... all I could do was watch our doom approach..."
    Dude there's plenty of reason to hate China. From the genocide going on in Xinjiang, to the war they're trying to start with India, to all the stuff that's been done to Tibet over the decades, to Hong Kong becoming such a dystopian nightmare to live in, to them holding foreign nationals hostage on trumped up charges because their home nations are abiding by international extradition treaties, to their attempt to expand in the Pacific that follow RTS game logic.

And yet, many of Biden's adviser picks appear to be liars, who want less aggressive policies towards China. I don't know whether those lies being noble (fear of a hot war) or not (personal greed) would anger me more. Like I said, and apparently as people here agree, in an alternative universe, where Hitler built nukes first, the world as a whole would be praising Germany's population control. In other words, it wouldn't go the way of Wolfenstein. American Empire? Sure, but that makes China the Dominion (yes, Elder Scrolls reference). And we all know what I think the best policy towards the Dominion is:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; December 2nd, 2020 at 04:25 PM.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    People will believe what they want even if evidence is thrown at your face saying otherwise.
    Such is the world we live in. Sadly, until some people realize some rights and "good" as a concept are not democratic, every person out there will think what they want to think and follow through with anything their beliefs ask of them religiously.

Like the current disposition towards celebrity worship and historical iconoclasm instead of informing people about what happened and who made what for what reasons. Seems we must be told what is good and what is bad now as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    some rights and "good" as a concept are not democratic
    Not quite sure what this means.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Such is the world we live in. Sadly, until some people realize some rights and "good" as a concept are not democratic, every person out there will think what they want to think and follow through with anything their beliefs ask of them religiously.

Like the current disposition towards celebrity worship and historical iconoclasm instead of informing people about what happened and who made what for what reasons. Seems we must be told what is good and what is bad now as well.
    They want freedom but gives shit about social responsibilities. Besides, it seems anything not democratic is seen as evil, and people are wired to think so.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You want non-democratic? All right. Let's crucify all the commies. How's that for "non-democratic"?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Are caricatures allowed here?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    This place is a caricature, so yes.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    First of all, why do you assume that I like "super conservative" things?
    Because aside from the loli fetish, you're views and that of the NP line up pretty close. Fuck China. Fuck BLM. Protesters are traitors. Trump's an embarrassment (except in Conrad Black columns, because he got a pardon out of him so he sucks his dick like there's no tomorrow). Sure there's a bunch of really Canadian issues I don't know where you stand, like all the indigenous rights things we have going on right now in Ontario and the Maritimes. But it feels like every GD post of yours is one I just read that day in the paper.

As for the contradiction thing. The paper is bad, but that makes it really funny.

As for the CNN thing, what's there to comment on? We all know they tried to downplay every thing about it at the start. And almost every other nation fucked up in their own way too. Whether it was Britain's "Herd Immunity" strategy, Or America's "It will die down naturally by Easter/Summer/Fall/Christmas". There's a big difference between being a fuckup and creating a engineering a bioweapon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, fuck the CCP more specifically. Similarly, I fairly recently learned that the BLM movement and the BLM organization are not necessarily the same thing. It's the latter that's accepting money from organizations connected to the CCP. Not protesters. Rioters. You must be willfully ignorant of the difference.

See. Trump downplays the effects, but at least accurate numbers are released. Meanwhile, the CCP straight up lies about the numbers and their actions regarding them.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    okay this michigan house oversight committee hearing was pretty epic

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can I get some Cliffs Notes? Did Rudy lose more hair dye?

Blog Entries
    Is it against the general purpose of this thread to comment on the fact that Cloudflare seems to have gone haywire for the past day or so?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Can I get some Cliffs Notes? Did Rudy lose more hair dye?
    It is ironic you would have this reaction, because the entire point of this hearing was to ensure that some people would actually take their time to listen to at least a speck of the evidence in full. And make an informed opinion based on arguments present on both sides.

Rather than, you know, basing their opinion off somebody's cliff notes on twitter. And thinking that makes them a great data filterer analyst.

- - - Updated - - -

This approach to life, in fact, filters you.
    Last edited by Ratman; December 3rd, 2020 at 02:09 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not so much my opinion getting filtered as much as you describing it as epic making me think something interesting happened somewhere in the 4:30 hour stream I found. All I could see in the succinct summaries was that there was a binder of possible violations, a handful of witnesses, and the Dems sniping at the committee chair (and Guilanni as well) because he wouldn't dismiss everything out of hand. And another hearing tomorrow for either more witnesses or another separate lawsuit?

Other than the length, I can't really see what makes that 'epic' so what was so stand out? Especially against the multiple other similar lawsuits that have been going on for the last few weeks?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

groundbreaking and daring new study fuckin give them the nobel prize
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://www.newsweek.com/adolf-hitle...ctions-1552056

I didn't realize that counting votes was as volatile as measuring blood pressure.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; December 3rd, 2020 at 11:33 AM.