View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    5 6.41%
  • 2 years

    11 14.10%
  • 3 years

    3 3.85%
  • 4 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    20 25.64%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    12 15.38%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    27 34.62%
Page 1220 of 1291 FirstFirst ... 220720112011701210121512181219122012211222122512301270 ... LastLast
Results 24,381 to 24,400 of 25818

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #24381
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I still wonder what the hell has happen to the West. Is aging population such a huge problem that they decide to let the old die off?
    Let's just say that one of the reasons why we're in this situation in the first place has to do with a lot of old people in positions of power who are more concerned with their own profits and doing everything they can to stay in power than they are with doing what's right or necessary to serve the greater good.

    And by "this situation," I don't just mean the pandemic...

    In other news, how about...
    Last edited by Twelveseal; March 29th, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  2. #24382
    Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,795
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    If biden lost, would that push democrats further left or right?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  3. #24383
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    Depends on who votes, one imagines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  4. #24384
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,737
    Blog Entries
    1
    Call me pessimistic, but I bet Americans in the end will vote for Trump anyway. His approval is raising after he played the racial card despite his lousy attempt at combating the virus, and there are proofs around how he is fucking with rescue efforts.

    Can never understand why people love this bigot. Must be the same reason why people cannot understand why the CCP is still in power.

  5. #24385
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    Eh. It’s true his approval rating has gone up but he still is losing to Biden in the polls you know. It’s not unusual for people to rally around the flag during a crisis but we have reached a point where the head to head match up is more pertinent. That said, as I noted a few days ago, anyone who says they can definitively call the election right now is lying to you or themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  6. #24386
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,737
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Eh. It’s true his approval rating has gone up but he still is losing to Biden in the polls you know. It’s not unusual for people to rally around the flag during a crisis but we have reached a point where the head to head match up is more pertinent. That said, as I noted a few days ago, anyone who says they can definitively call the election right now is lying to you or themselves.
    True. In times like this, I hope people make the right choice. That dude is a disaster.

  7. #24387
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Alternative Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Phoenix
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,458
    I wouldn't say Trump is guaranteed to win, but I do think he's pretty likely to win, mainly because American presidents rarely lose reelections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

  8. #24388
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thinking of Carter and Bush Sr.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  9. #24389
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,790
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Same thing I told them when a patient accused me. Take it soberly and treat it with the seriousness it deserves. Which, in this case, after a quick review of the facts, there is a good reason why outlets that actually care about their credibility have considered the story bunk.
    Says Tobias without linking any of the evidence that would support his assertion that these are frivolous charges. Don't get me wrong, her story has changed over time as you said, starting with something vague as described here and culminating in what you previously described, as detailed here.

    That still doesn't address what Biden literally said in the Senate with regards to his stance on these sorts of issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Biden during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings
    For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you've got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she's talking about is real
    What's unusual about this case is expanded upon in the last article I linked, quoting the relevant part.

    Last year, after she first accused Biden of inappropriate touching, Reade was accused of being politically motivated and called a Russian operative after a Medium post in which she praised Russia and its president Vladimir Putin resurfaced.

    As the 2020 campaign for president continued, Reade had a change of heart about remaining silent, according to the Intercept. In January, she approached Time’s Up, the anti-sexual violence organization established in the wake of the Me Too movement, to help her. The Intercept reports that by February, Time’s Up told her they could not help because Biden was a candidate for federal office, and if they assisted her they could lose the organization’s nonprofit status.

    "Our decision on whether or not to provide certain types of support to an individual should not be interpreted as our validation or doubt of the truthfulness of the person’s statements,” a spokeswoman for Time’s Up told the Intercept of their decision to not assist Reade. “Regardless, our support of workers who come forward regarding workplace sexual harassment remains unwavering."


    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal Ball
    After initial interest, 'Time's Up' walked away claiming that taking on a claim against a candidate for office could jeopardize their non-profit status. An incredibly conservative reading of the law that was contradicted by other lawyers, would mean that 'Time's Up' is effectively giving a free pass to every powerful man who happens to also be a candidate for office. Oh, and there's one more thing that you should probably know; 'Time's Up"'s PR is handled by SKDKnickerbocker, which happens to be run by Joe Biden's campaign manager Anita Dunn
    If the allegation is frivolous, it's in Biden's interest to explicitly deny it, not completely ignore it because mainstream media isn't talking about it. Otherwise, just like with Biden's son and Biden's brothers, the DNC is doing everything it can to not get ahead of these potentially damning cases, pretty much giving Trump free reign to do whatever they want smear-wise.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 29th, 2020 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  10. #24390
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    see that's one of the things that makes this a tabloidesc bit of theater. There are three factors that make this not credible, and I covered them already but what the hell I will go over it again. factor one is mechanical. She states that in broad day light, in the heavily trafficked halls of congress in full view of God and country, biden digitally penetrated her, was rebuffed, and then shouted after her, yet has no witness to such. Somehow Biden is a psychic ninja vampire finger banger who can apparently engender such a move. Secondly, she has repeatedly changed her story in ways that lack internal consistency. Notably, she states that she is now coming forward as Biden is a figure of national relevance. Which is odd seeing as how she felt no need to do so when he was made Vice president and thus a heartbeat away from the presidency. Finally when asked why she was using a play right out of Putin's book, by way of inventing a salacious allegation that cant be explicitly disproved, she refused to respond to her previous statements about being a huge fan of Putin and wishing Americans would learn from his greatness. Instead stating "its not about me, its about Biden." Essentially asking him to somehow refute allegations that by definition cannot be.

    He is doing the smart thing. Leave tabloidesc accusations to the tabloids. She refuses to account for herself has lied or concealed information apparently to her own benefit and offers no substantiation for her claims.

    As I said, you take allegations of rape seriously. Dont assume guilt, dont assume innocence. Look at the information provided. However in some cases the appropriate response is to look someone in the eye and say "you are talking out of your ass."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  11. #24391
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,790
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    So basically you want to ignore anything that could be damaging to Biden's reputation because the claim isn't worth looking into. Guess we can look forward to BUT HER EMAILS 2.0 then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  12. #24392
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,151
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Eh. It’s true his approval rating has gone up but he still is losing to Biden in the polls you know. It’s not unusual for people to rally around the flag during a crisis but we have reached a point where the head to head match up is more pertinent.
    Hilary also beat Trump in the polls, by millions of people in the end. Raw numbers are only really valid when it's a huge blowout. Especially with the terrible way the electoral collage is set up.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  13. #24393
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So basically you want to ignore anything that could be damaging to Biden's reputation because the claim isn't worth looking into. Guess we can look forward to BUT HER EMAILS 2.0 then.
    there is no way to conclusively refute these kinds of things so you just deny it and move on, which is what Biden did. when it happened to me I got lucky. She didnt know about the hospital security feed. For those who dont have something so insanely convenient, like I said, you make your statement, accept that serious people wont take it seriously, and foolish people will take it foolishly, and go on. Its literally all you can do, thats why Putin loves to use the tactic, I might add.

    But just because someone shows up with a backwards B carved into their cheek doesnt mean you have to help them spread the scam by endlessly parroting it and asking "WHY HASN'T HE CONCLUSIVELY REFUTED IT?! when you know as well as I do the entire point is he cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  14. #24394
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,790
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    No, that's not what I'm saying at all Tobias. I'm not saying that Biden needs a Devil's Proof here, I'm saying that Biden needs to actually address this in a public enough manner so that Trump won't be able to weaponize it against him in the general election. Don't address it only through surrogates or campaign staff members, as mentioned in an update to this article, Biden needs to come out and directly say whether the allegations are true or not.

    As for your earlier description of the events, that this happened in plain view on Capitol Hill, that doesn't support any of the descriptions I've read or heard about it. The video I linked said a semi-private location, this says its in his office.

    Edit: I see that in an earlier post I said disprove it, not deny it. So yeah, I did push the idea of a Devil's Proof there. I'll correct my previous post.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 29th, 2020 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  15. #24395
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    It’s hard to see how you aren’t asking for him to prove the negative when the article you say that Biden needs to refute these allegations is titled “Biden campaigns refutes sexual assault allegations.” Thats what you do when someone accuses you of something that can’t be disproved.

    trump is going to weaponize it. That’s how this will play out. Biden is going to be the nominee and trump is going to use this repeatedly as a cudgel. Is that annoying? Sure, but that’s what trump will do. And not because Biden didn’t “refute it directly” or whatever you choose to call it but because Trump is a dishonest man who will happily use a dishonest report to his own benefit.

    trump will bring it up in the debate. He will cut ads he will attempt to get Bernie sanders supporters to support him, stay home or vote third party using allegations that can’t be disproven. That’s just how this will play out. Same as he would have done to any opponent. The onus on the side of people that don’t want trump to have a second term is to not allow ourselves to be so easily mentally defeated as we were in 2016.

    thats politics. There was swift boat in ‘04. Black panthers in ‘08. Obama death panels in ‘12 and her emails in ‘16. There is going to be something consistently nonsensical, salacious, and straight up bull shit in 2020and this is probably it, or will be a part of it. By the way, there would have been one for sanders too.

    quite frankly I count it a mild blessing that all the RNC has managed right now is a girl who cried rape with so little cooberation that media networks worth their salt aren’t carrying the story.

    I’m aware there are a few tin foil hat wearing ‘bros sho convince themselves that Bernie lost because of some grand conspiracy of the Illuminati, the free masons, and the no homers club to manipulate the media but one thing I find about news organizations is they chase money. They will print whatever gets them clicks. There isn’t some grand canal, it’s just a bunch of people who really like money. And when they don’t print a story, it’s not because of a shady deal, it’s because the money collected from a few days of running the story isn’t enough to pay for a retraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  16. #24396
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,209
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Also the nasty thing about unprovable accusations is that it doesn't matter if you deny it or not.

    If you say nothing you're silence is taken as guilt. If you deny it your obviously guilty because otherwise why go out of your way to deny it. It's catch 22.

  17. #24397
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    Well put. That’s why i can’t fault Biden’s response because he did exactly what I would do.

    you release a statement that says “everyone allegation deserves to be heard on the merits of their claim, and it’s clear that this claim is without merit.” You don’t give air time and oxygen to the tabloids. You say no once and then go about your business. It’s the one and only response you or anyone else can make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  18. #24398
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,790
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It’s hard to see how you aren’t asking for him to prove the negative when the article you say that Biden needs to refute these allegations is titled “Biden campaigns refutes sexual assault allegations.” Thats what you do when someone accuses you of something that can’t be disproved.
    There's a difference between someone directly addressing an issue their involved with and handing off that responsibility to someone else. It's not like Biden directly coming out and denying the claims is any more difficult for Biden to do than to have others answer on his behalf.

    trump is going to weaponize it. That’s how this will play out. Biden is going to be the nominee and trump is going to use this repeatedly as a cudgel. Is that annoying? Sure, but that’s what trump will do. And not because Biden didn’t “refute it directly” or whatever you choose to call it but because Trump is a dishonest man who will happily use a dishonest report to his own benefit.
    Sure would help if Biden stopped giving Trump so much ammunition against himself: this, Hunter, his brother, his multiple lies in debates, his out-of-context support for Trump's re-election, his incredibly poor performances in the latest live interviews on friendly networks (twitter below). But nah, keep spinning it as him struggling with a stutter or some other reason.



    Edit: If he was going to be quick on his feet about that, he'd try to pass it off as an unintentional lewd joke, but the follow up was worse unless I'm mixing it up with another interview he had with her. Oh wait, same one.



    By the way, there would have been one for sanders too.
    Yeah, the whole Russia honeymoon video, along with comments he's made about Cuba that all of the media loved to blow out of proportion while conveniently ignoring that Obama said much the same thing. Maybe his slight change on gun rights, as Sanders isn't explicitly against the idea of people owning guns versus Biden's very anti-gun platform, with Biden saying he'd try and get Beto to be the head of whatever agency needed to handle that. Oh, and the ever popular "how you going to pay for it" complaint about M4A when they ignore that Biden's plan is more expensive over 10 years and pretty much a non-issue when the Fed has no problem just shitting out around 10 trillion in the span of days.

    I’m aware there are a few tin foil hat wearing ‘bros sho convince themselves that Bernie lost because of some grand conspiracy of the Illuminati, the free masons, and the no homers club to manipulate the media but one thing I find about news organizations is they chase money. They will print whatever gets them clicks. There isn’t some grand canal, it’s just a bunch of people who really like money. And when they don’t print a story, it’s not because of a shady deal, it’s because the money collected from a few days of running the story isn’t enough to pay for a retraction.
    Ah yes, that's why there's always hubub against the Koch Brothers (well, singular now), Rupert Murdoch, and others like Bob Murray being put out on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 29th, 2020 at 10:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  19. #24399
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,001
    Blog Entries
    12
    the koch brothers, murdoch, and bob murray, who after watching the clip for about 10 minutes or so (wasnt all bad, oliver is good for a laugh) on fox business.


    soooo...fox, fox and fox then?

    righto. Damn that illuminati. And you know the stone cutters are right now singing "who keeps atlantis off the map, who keeps biden's rape under wraps, we do, we doooooooooo!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  20. #24400
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,317
    Joe Biden did a sex on me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •