View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1414 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 414914131413641404140914121413141414151416141914241464 ... LastLast
Results 28,261 to 28,280 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I'm actually a bit curious about your positions, Lvl. Or rather, whether or not I'm understanding them correctly. Are these more or less in line with your opinions?
    1. You tend to side with the "Haves" over the "Have-Nots," within a given system.
    2. You support the ability of the Have-Nots to better themselves through the system.
    3. If the Have-Nots are disadvantaged by the system, you support their right to protest and air their grievances, so long as doing so does not become destructive or is used as a method to attack the Haves and their legitimately-earned property.
    4. If no legitimate method of overcoming systemic disadvantages exists, you support revolution and war prosecuted against the system, but not against its beneficiaries. However, this requires that one be prepared to be met with the same or greater violence in response.
    5. If this is not possible, flight is a valid option. Alternatively, hiding. Presumably. I'm not clear on what you feel is appropriate in a situation where none of these are viable options.
    6. You do not see the destrucyion or seizure of property by the government as legitimate except with fair compensation or as a method of punishment for criminal behavior. You do not see theft as legitimate under any circumstances, regardless of need or purpose, and whether carried out by private citizens, institutions, or the government. The only exception to this may be as plunder during war? I'm not sure how you view this.
    7. You are in favor of free and fair elections, and democracy generally.
    8. You are in favor of broad personal liberties.
    9. I am not clear on your views towards colonialism, reparations, and the like.
    10. You are generally pro-nationalism and the glorification of national heroes, and seem to be opposed to strong critiques of the nation and its prominent figures and lore.

Is this reasonably accurate?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    1. Generally, yes, barring extreme circumstances. For example, using a fairly outdated example (as far fewer people are farmers nowadays), the state should help those farmers whose crops were destroyed by locusts or other unforeseen disasters. However, if someone cannot afford a wedding dress or the like, then such a person is not entitled to any sort of government help.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. More or less, yes. That's partially why most successful revolutions are headed by a have. Say, a college professor vs. a college dropout... Yes, I've been watching the Moriarty anime, and yes, in terms of college dropouts, I mean Zhang Jiao and Hong Xiuquan. "If there is to be a revolution, it is best done by a King."
    5. I admit that's a bit of blind spot for me. Still, a have-not driven to banditry cannot fall back on his "doing it for the family" excuse, when the fact is that bounty hunters have families, too.
    6. Define plunder. At the very least, it's better to take things intact vs. destroying it (that's why I despise the Cultural Revolution), especially if you then try to shamelessly recreate the ruined antiques when you realize that that sort of thing appeals to foreigners or something.
    7. Yes.
    8. Absolutely.
    9. I just note that people who talk about reparations either have a "past limit" in mind (such as only up to year 1619, for example) or shamelessly admit that they only care about reparations when they are the ones receiving them. Oftentimes, reparations are only demanded from those who are currently wealthy vs. those who may have done some crimes in the past but are poor now. In other words, the motivation turns out to be money, rather than justice. In terms of imperialism, if you are a weaker nation, you often need to be "protected" by a stronger one, in order to stop invasion by another stronger one. De facto imperialism, if not de jure. In other words, the only thing to stop an empire is usually another empire and not a "rebel alliance" (going back to successful revolutions usually headed by a have). Elder Scrolls has the Empire generally be the "good guys", while the "evil empire" role is filled by the Dominion.
    10. If nationalism means valuing the long-term benefits of your own country, as opposed to others, then yes. Note that I said long-term. Making allies with a foreign country known for backstabbing may lead to short-term benefits, but that poison will end up killing you in the long term (commie China). How does one see long term benefits vs. short term? Bit of know-how and a lot of skill. I don't claim to be a master strategist. Not sure about glorification, but certain gratitude. Credit where credit is due. Oh, all verbal critique is fine. Vandalism is not critique.

Blog Entries
    Plunder in this case would be looting the resources of an enemy force, their supporters, or more generally taking what's needed to provide for the troops or maintain morale.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, if you declare war, you're already admitting that you want to cause harm to whoever it is that you're declaring war on. Isn't that what a declaration of war is?

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of the civilians who usually have no say in the matter as well.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Okay, Republicans having their heads shoved in the sand like ostriches has reached new meme levels.

I can only imagine how future generations will view this if it's real.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    And this is where the upcoming administration better be on their P's and Q's, and not think Trump and his followers were some aberration that will soon go away (like they did the Tea Party).
    If you don't address what caused and nurtures this lunacy, you'll just allow it to mutate into something stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Sorry, I missed this. Do you mean her premise, or the comments?
    Both, but the comments are just out of this world.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Really? The premise seems solid. Why the criticism?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The account is now protected and the tweet cannot be seen.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Really? It shows up fine for me. Maybe it's because I follow her?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Really? It shows up fine for me. Maybe it's because I follow her?
    Shows up for me too, and I don't follow anyone on Twitter. Not sure what MaC is talking about...

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I'm probably autoblocked, based on the profile.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I'm probably autoblocked, based on the profile.
    ok chud
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i suggest you read it

Blog Entries
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-54899171

Welp, I'd say that's pretty much it for Hong Kong

Blog Entries
    Not expecting much in the way of retaliation, tho. Trump's too busy telling everyone he actually won the election and trying to prevent Biden from transitioning to leadership. I don't expect much from the international community except maybe the UK welcoming more immigrants.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Taiwan may need the US military, but the US needs Taiwan's voting system: