View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1224 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2247241124117412141219122212231224122512261229123412741324 ... LastLast
Results 24,461 to 24,480 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    If he had viably threatened their careers quite possibly, yes. Politicians are highly dedicated to carrying water for corporations. The only thing that has even more resonance with them is their existential need to get re-elected. If you force them into having to decide one way or the other, I suspect some will still choose to fall on their sword on behalf of their donors but you will manage to bend some in your direction.
    Question there is, will it be enough to get what you want? Especially if those that do end their political careers are replaced by your opposition.

Also, tfw Trump practices are being viewed as a better way to do politics...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    So let him scream? That's literally his job; he's in opposition. What do you expect him to say? Democrats' constant obsession with what Republicans will say about them never ceases to amaze.
    ...that was just an aside. Like, something amusing I remember when Obama and pelosi managed to pull it off. But it’s not true that they had the world at their finger tips and could have passed anything they wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    don't forget to collectively not paying your rent to epicly own your landlord on April 1st
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    For whatever reason, the moderates still think they have a shot at peeling off Republican voters, or that there's enough swing voters out there to matter... Oh, except where they do, ofc, in those Midwest districts that wound up determining the electoral college last time.

Thinking about it like that, though, just makes it seem like there's no hope for any Dem, Sanders, Biden, or otherwise, since those folks seem pretty hard for Trump these days.
    It's not really that people are necessarily hard for Trump, it's that they have are in fact, just stupid and get their easily impressionable minds blasted with propoganda 24/7, it becomes hard to reach them until they get their knees broken by reality, so to speak. There is no nice way to say it. I heard a Yang supporter who moved from Trump to Yang talk about how he liked Trump because he sounded like a WWE star.
    When you have a disturbing amount of people who will ingest fishtank cleaner because it sounds like the drug what Trump said was working and his propaganda arm of the the mainstream media parrots it (although the suits coming in for Fox are good news on that front, the knucklehead bubble has some cracks). That OAN is getting oxygen for being even more propagandist than Fox should have people sue the hell out of them for having stupid shit like "put blowdryer to your nose to kill Coronavirus". So as they see their own states succumbing, and their own communities folding, Trump is losing support. Now, we shouldn't expect that these types are going to leave Trump, but it is something to note.
    And the best thing to do is keep on having that same energy in 2018 and primary these moderate Dems out until we get a better foothold. Too bad they would likely get jobs on MSNBC as politic opinion pieces to say " the Democrat party needs to be more moderate" and spread their own toxic propaganda, not getting challenged on it(looking at you McCaskill).

Blog Entries
    Fear the Wingnut Welfare, huh?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Biden as he stares at his notes on live television
    In order to avoid that those very high numbers, we have to do at least several things. One, we have to, uh, depend on what the President's going to do right now, and first of all he has to, uh, tell, uh, wait till the cases before anything happens...Look, the whole idea is he's got to get in place things that were shortages of
    Only Biden can take everything handed to him on a silver platter in terms of bolstering his "electability" argument and mess it up everyday. Other highlights include his podcast that came out six days late, as determined based on figures quoted in the podcast, as well as yet another lie from Biden, this time regarding the Defense Production Act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how productive the Biden bashing is at this point. It's pretty unlikely that Sanders is going to miraculously turn this around, and the odds of him getting the nomination from a brokered convention are similarly nil.

People are p much going to choose between Biden, Trump, a write in, or not voting at this point.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

I'm not sure how productive the Biden bashing is at this point
    I'll continue to bash him because I don't like his policies. Simple as.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It's just feeling like a repetitive, kind of meaningless exercise at this point. Beat a dead horse, definition of madness kind of thing.

Seems p clear Toby's "Blue No Matter Who," while you and Trubo are "Bernie or Bust," so there's not likely to be any shift in position either way. Honestly seems like a waste of time to me, unless you're aiming to work yourselves into rage mode.

Debating policy differences feels better to me, at this point. But that's just where I'm at atm.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    presumably because there is a rare kind of people here who fervently defends Biden in return

Blog Entries
    Rare in this corner of the internet, at least.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    I’m excited to vote for Biden and all but I would have supported the candidate no matter what. Hell at the beginning of all this my list would have been something like

1: kamala
    2: warren
    3: biden tied with booker.

but I think biden is going to be a great president and can’t wait for November.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    ^Something like this, basically?

Personally a Bernie voter. -shrugs-
    Currently deciding if I'd rather vote Biden or write in Sanders. Not sure which I value more rn, a microscopically larger chance Trump is ousted, or sending the DNC a piece of my mind.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It's just feeling like a repetitive, kind of meaningless exercise at this point. Beat a dead horse, definition of madness kind of thing.

Seems p clear Toby's "Blue No Matter Who," while you and Trubo are "Bernie or Bust," so there's not likely to be any shift in position either way. Honestly seems like a waste of time to me, unless you're aiming to work yourselves into rage mode.

Debating policy differences feels better to me, at this point. But that's just where I'm at atm.
    Biden has to make the case that he's actually a good presidential candidate. Simply relying on the statement of "he's better than Trump" isn't much for his defense, especially when facets of Biden are already Trump-like. Media still isn't actually vetting Biden with regards to the major issues looming in his background, notably his familial grifting/corruption, and Trump is probably waiting to really take the gloves off after there's absolutely no way Bernie can be either the democratic nominee or play a significant role in a Biden administration.

I said it in 2016 and I'll say it now, if Democrats actually want to beat Trump, Bernie has to play a major role in the upcoming administration. Hell, even Trump admitted that he doesn't want to face Bernie, why avoid consolidating support by making sure Bernie has an important position if the purported goal is simply to beat Trump?

So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Biden has reached out to bernie repeatedly and tried to offer him an olive branch. Bernie repeatedly refuses and his supporters pull a catch 22 on him about it. Don't involve bernie

WHAT A DINO, DOESNT CARE ABOUT US, WHY ISNT HE TRYING FOR OUR VOTE, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

do try to adopt planks from the platform?

LOOK AT HIM SELL OUT, HE HAS NO PLATFORM, HE HAS NO SOUL, JUST SAYING WHAT HE THINKS WE WANT TO HEAR, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

also Trump straight up tried to blackmail an ally to helping him fight biden.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’m excited to vote for Biden and all but I would have supported the candidate no matter what. Hell at the beginning of all this my list would have been something like

1: kamala
    2: warren
    3: biden tied with booker.

but I think biden is going to be a great president and can’t wait for November.
    Why warren and not bernie?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    warren had plans for managing multiple aspects of her goals for growth.

Bernie offered mutually exclusive premises without any strategy for resolving such and straight up denied they existed when prodded.

OK bernie, were gonna do medicare for all. fine. But you dont want to abolish the filibuster. so lets say all the cards fall your way and you end up with 51 blue senators. how are you going to get 9 republican votes

Bernie: there going to be a revolution.

thats not an answer. thats a pipe dream. a fantasy.

A lot of my major problems with Bernie is that even the parts of his program I agree with he never actually seems to have a real method of bringing them about beyond yelling at people till they agree with him, which has not proven effective.

Harris, warren, Booker and biden all share a common thread in that they are problem solving, solutions oriented people who can actually put together a consistent strategy for managing failure, handling problems, and altering their approach when necessary. for someone in the executive branch, thats arguably the most crititcal and important skill you can possess

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Biden has reached out to bernie repeatedly and tried to offer him an olive branch. Bernie repeatedly refuses and his supporters pull a catch 22 on him about it. Don't involve bernie
    This is the first I've heard of this, unless you're referring to his speeches after various primary days trying to appeal to Bernie supporters. Even then, the healthcare pitch he keeps trying to make falls of deaf ears because it's fundamentally flawed and no amount of bandage fixes will ever make it work properly. Fixes that wouldn't have been necessary if Biden actually supported Obama's efforts when trying to pass the ACA instead of continually hamstringing him, whether in speeches or the concessions made to Republicans.

Also, he has to demonstrate that these promises are more than empty statements, and his repeated interviews show them to be just that. Again, he stated he will not support M4A, and at this point it's sounding more like because he doesn't want to admit that the ACA, Obama's legacy that he's trying to co-opt as his own, is so flawed that it cannot be fixed without significant changes, to the point that you may as well go with a new plan.

WHAT A DINO, DOESNT CARE ABOUT US, WHY ISNT HE TRYING FOR OUR VOTE, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

All the points he brings up are things he actively worked against though, never mind that telling the younger generation that they don't have it bad when the nation is reeling from the 2nd major financial collapse orchestrated by neo-liberal policies he stands proudly by.

do try to adopt planks from the platform?

LOOK AT HIM SELL OUT, HE HAS NO PLATFORM, HE HAS NO SOUL, JUST SAYING WHAT HE THINKS WE WANT TO HEAR, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.
    Tobias, it's the timing of when he makes these statements. He routinely criticizes Trump to do X, despite Trump already doing X, while not offering Y or Z additional measures to take.

Edit: FFS, he has the guy that was largely in charge of the Ebola crisis on his side, and he still sounds like he's 1-2 weeks late on anything pertaining to coronavirus.

also Trump straight up tried to blackmail an ally to helping him fight biden.
    If only Democratic leadership went with impeachment charges that would have actually stuck pertaining this, rather than the vague options presented. Now, Trump has an acquittal for these actions, which drastically outweighs any wrong-doing in the minds of most people.
    Last edited by Trubo; March 31st, 2020 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Rare in this corner of the internet, at least.
    unironic neoliberals are endangered internet species, most of the time they're CIA glowies

Blog Entries
    we are to busy winning primaries.