View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1351 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3518511251130113411346134913501351135213531356136114011451 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,020 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    "Indians are not Asians" is the hottest take on race i've seen today

- - - Updated - - -

just behind "Turkish people are not Turks"
    this has to be a joke. there is no ''hot take'' about it, that's like saying the arabs are asians. i don't think you know what the word ''asian'' means. time to put the geography book back in the shelf
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post

last time i checked
    Only you can make 'last time' today!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_people

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes. The Belarusian TV stations that had been broadcasting empty studios and joined the strike.

Well apparently planeloads of Russians are now employed to run the media...
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    alright, this is getting ridiculous. i don't know whether some are confused or not but here goes an undeserved effort by me for something so obvious. the confusion and inaccuracy of identifying oneself based on their geographic destination (asia aka the continent) and then mixing it up with the racial identity behind the term (asians aka that certain kind of people) can be at best, described as ignorance, and i'm gonna let the worst description to your imagination. Because it ignores the difference of the specific kind of people named after the term and the continent where they live.

parallelly, one can say they are from africa, specifically north africa. where surprise suprise, people are actually white.
    Spoiler:
    yet it wouldn't be accurate to say those people are ''the african people''. as the term ''african people'' is generally and conventionally used for sub saharan africans. to put it in ABC, asian is used for mongoloid people, white for Caucasian. we just don't use the latter terms anymore because of their racist historicity. shouldn't have slept in the history class. and SO, you should have read that wiki, before posting it randomly.
    Although many countries use the term 'Asian' referring to people living on that continent, in reality, Asian usually refers to peoples of East, Southeast, and South Asia. Inhabitants of Southwest Asia, such as Arabs and Iranians, are more commonly designated Middle Easterners.3 The term Asian as used in this article refers to people from Asia who have a Mongoloid background (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Filipinos, Indonesians, and others
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    this has to be a joke. there is no ''hot take'' about it, that's like saying the arabs are asians. i don't think you know what the word ''asian'' means. time to put the geography book back in the shelf
    Indians from India are absolutely Asians. That's why this poor soul had to pretend to be black: http://almostblack.com/ Just to make it in a society that clearly plays favorites.

Blog Entries
    it's almost as if "South Asians" there refers to Indians...

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    i already explained this above, i'm not gonna repeat myself. but short answer is no, if you are gonna make indians as part of the asian people, you may as well make middle easterners too as well. otherwise, it's just arbitrary.

- - - Updated - - -

''middle easterners = west asians''. still the same thing
    Spoiler:

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    The part you quoted is one person's opinion regarding an article of theirs?

I have no idea where you're from, but the majority of the article discusses who the term refers to varies by country but a great many of then can refer to Indians from India as some qualified variant of Asian.
    I ain't quoting all the parts of that entry that say that, because that's a lotta quotes.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    isn't it weird that Native Americans claim to be "Native" "American" while in fact they migrated from Asia? next they're going to partake in settler colonialism to show that they're real Americans!

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    The part you quoted is one person's opinion regarding an article of theirs?

I have no idea where you're from, but the majority of the article discusses who the term refers to varies by country but a great many of then can refer to Indians from India as some qualified variant of Asian.
    I ain't quoting all the parts of that entry that say that, because that's a lotta quotes.
    Spoiler:
    Karen T. Taylor (2001), forensic art professor at the FBI Academy, said that the term "Asian-derived" is a modern-day euphemism for the "Mongoloid race" and it includes "Native Americans" and "various Asian groups"
    Eugénia Maria Guedes Pinto Antunes da Cunha (2006), of the Department of Anthropology, University of Coimbra, said there has been a modern trend in "most of the forensic anthropology literature" to "rename" the term "Mongoloid", a term in which she includes the "North American Indian", with the term "Asian" or "Asiatic". Da Cunha said that, even though the "terminology" has changed, the "underlying assumptions are the same"
    Jun Kyung-ran et al. (2007), of the Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Ulsan, used the term "Asian populations" for the group he also referred to as the "Asian-Mongoloid" in which he included Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Thai for a meta-analysis of alleles in relation to rheumatoid arthritis
    A 2009 book about forensic anthropology said that the "leading handbook in human osteology" has kept on using the "traditional terms"' of "caucasoid, mongoloid, negroid", but "one of the most popular recent forensic anthropology textbooks" has changed to the "more current, politically correct terminology of Asian, white, black, Native American
    Masniari Novita (2006), of the Biomedical Department of Jember University, said "Asiatics" are part of the "Mongoloid" race while "Asians from the Indian Subcontinent" are part of the "Caucasian" race
    Angelo N. Ancheta (2006), of the School of Law at Santa Clara University, said that the term "Asian" is an imprecise term. Ancheta questioned if the term "Asian" describes a category which is geographical or a category which is biological/appearance-based. Ancheta questioned where does Asia start and end, if the term "Asian" is geographical. Ancheta said that there is a continuum along which physical appearance operates, but there exist differences which are noticeable among groups. Ancheta said that an immigrant from Japan may not look like an immigrant from India
    Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza (1994) referred to both "Asian Caucasoids" and "Mongoloids" in Asia which he also called "other Asians" as encompassing "Asian populations". Cavalli-Sforza also referred to "Amerinds" as being the "aboriginal Asian group" of the Americas
    Norman J. Sauer (1992), of the Department of Anthropology at Michigan State University, said that, in forensic anthropology, modern race identification studies have to do with some combination of the "Big Three": the "White", the "Black," and the "Asiatic," with the Asiatic including American Indians.

no pb, i got you covered. as you can see, spoilers tho, most cited scholarly at the wiki you posted agree with the conventional wisdom. and again, most countries don't use the term ''asian' pan continentally.

- - - Updated - - -

isn't it weird that Native Americans claim to be "Native" "American" while in fact they migrated from Asia? next they're going to partake in settler colonialism to show that they're real Americans!
    at this point, this is not even about turkish people not being asians, you are just trying to screw logic. in4 no one is native to any place because humans always migrated.
    Last edited by Wallacia; August 19th, 2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I just wanted you guys to know...

I'm laughing right now.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    how can you read what you post and not be embarassed

This thread never fails to impress

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    the convo stopped being serious at this point.
    isn't it weird how germans claim to be "aryans" aka indians? calling it now, they are gonna start become vegans to claim they are indians!
    what's embarrassing is taking that seriously. so i don't blame anyone who's laughing out at this ridiculous talk
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    you're the only one taking that seriously and absolutely not understanding sarcasm buddy

- - - Updated - - -

it never has been serious sorry

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    in a more relevent news https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/e...nt-of-belarus/ dude got the Ultimate L just now

- - - Updated - - -

you're the only one taking that seriously and absolutely not understanding sarcasm buddy

- - - Updated - - -

it never has been serious sorry
    i actually realized you must have been playing me late in the game, this is why i feel kinda shallow right now. well, well played.
    Spoiler:

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    in a more relevent news https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/e...nt-of-belarus/ dude got the Ultimate L just now

- - - Updated - - -

i actually realized you must have been playing me late in the game, this is why i feel kinda shallow right now. well, well played.
    As if Lukashankyou ever cared what the EU thought. I'd be warier of what Putin thinks of him since he's the one with the actual money and power to hang him.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    it's not about whether he cares or not though. it's about how this is the first time for him where the EU is now actively and effectively challenging him and will oppose him while as russia wants belarus to intergrate with it in its ''union state'' which luken resisted since belarusians are against the idea of Moscow centralizing their country affairs and sovereignty
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    So... Texas's Governor has decided to freeze property tax increases in any city that tries to defund the police. Wonder if that'll work.

The longer I think about it, the more I think this tactic will spread and kill the Defund movement. The only real counters are in a veto-proof majority in the legislature or voting out the Governor.
    I'm confused. A freeze on property tax increases means it will be easier to own a home in these places. Meaning more people will want to love there. How is that a bad thing?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Basically, it cuts down on the finances of the city's government. It is a way to cut down the city's funding.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I'm American! And I've never been to the United States!