View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1242 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2427421142119212321237124012411242124312441247125212921342 ... LastLast
Results 24,821 to 24,840 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Weaponizing sanders worked pretty well in 2016, why wouldn’t he do it again. I mean if I was one of his oppo guys and trump walked in and asked me to pick which groups of likely or possible D voters would be most propositioned to arguments that might not get them to vote for me but could plausibly make them stay home and dry up donations I would have pointed to sanders supporters.
    Or, I dunno, could be the multi-decades of smear by the Right against the Clintons that did Hillary in.

Nah, blame Sanders when study after study say it wasn't Sanders that was the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Super criminal acts put you in super jail, not hyper jail.

C'mon, I3uster.
    Hey if we could lock trump up in one of those giant floating things like magneto was in that would be pretty cool. Bonus points if we could get sir patrick stewart to come and play chess every once in a while, just to see trump throw the chess board after the 10th loss in a row
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just want to know what you think happened here, did he independently receive the job and just didn't give a shit about optics for his dad?

- - - Updated - - -

the bernie campaign didnt care about this but youre never gonna hear the trump camp shut up about this so i think its good to at least have a canned response to this
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Isn't it at least weird that a guy is put in an energy companies board of advisors (something that is, if you are familiar with corporate consulting, most of the time the retirement home for people you can't kick out) when his dad tried to achieve energy independence for that nation and the boss of that company was a Ukrainian minister and not just some random businessman?

Like, I'm not sure about naked corruption but it is majorly weird. The crack and child support absolutely doesn't matter it just makes him a funnier Hunter S Thompson-esque character.
    see its the reducing it down to a tweet size argument that leaves out the information that's important. Like how biden specifically was the one working towards increasing independent oversite and providing better and more effective ways to monitor the system of bribes and under the table favors that had previously governed the countries way of doing business. The idea that he snuck a sweet heart deal in for his boy is just not supported by facts.

Like, that story has a lot of complexity, but ne part that becomes pretty clear if you are reading what Biden and Obama did back then, its that the administration in general and Biden in particular worked hard and sucsesfully to reduce corruption. But a family member got a sweet gig during the same time, and its easy to make it look sleazy for that reason. But straight up, I actually dont think Joe did anything wrong beyond maybe, and I think it would have been stupid to do so, telling hunter not to take any jobs in the region just so that later political opponents couldnt use it as a bumper sticker argument against him

Hunnter not wearing a condom or snorting sounds to me like a hunter problem so unless Biden announces him as VP, eh.

EDIT:

I just want to know what you think happened here, did he independently receive the job and just didn't give a shit about optics for his dad?
    thats pretty much what I see. Hunter was offered a fuck ton of money and figured his dad was the Vice President, and old as shit. I honestly think Hunter figured it diodnt matter in the first place and he could make a bunch of extra money to buy cocaine with, or whatever
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

My favorite line is “Biden is running on the most progressive campaign platform of ANY candidate in a general election, EVER” (poster proceeds to mention Hillary and Obama, this is the end of the poster’s list)
    He's more progressive than Wilson and his Princeton eugenics club cronies! What more do you leftists want!?

Blog Entries
    We have someone Ukrainian here anyway so I'd like to know if you feel corruption has been reduced significantly because I feel their major project wasn't that but, like the EU, stop pro Russian sentiment in the Ukraine.

Independent rating of their corruption certainly shows little improvement, it just works better in our favor now.

Isn't it at least weird that a guy is put in an energy companies board of advisors (something that is, if you are familiar with corporate consulting, most of the time the retirement home for people you can't kick out) when his dad tried to achieve energy independence for that nation and the boss of that company was a Ukrainian minister and not just some random businessman?

Like, I'm not sure about naked corruption but it is majorly weird. The crack and child support absolutely doesn't matter it just makes him a funnier Hunter S Thompson-esque character.
    And this is all operating under a fantasy wherein the Ukrainians are just morons and had no idea what the ramifications of hiring a Hunter Biden can bring. Like this is not some applicant off the street, they know what it means to hire him and he knows what it means. Anyone who pretends not to see this doesn't know how the world actually works.

Blog Entries
    Feisty thread is feisty. I'll leave this comment here, then:

I live in a very Red state. A Super Tuesday state that Biden handily won, and barring some monumental change in politics here, we're going to end up breaking for Trump. As one might expect, I see a lot of Trump memorabilia here; not so many MAGA hats, but plenty of bumper stickers, yard signs, decals, and even a few actual flags flying Trump/Pence 2020. Even some old stuff from 2016, like "If you feel the Bern, it's just Communist chafing," or older, from 2012 "Pray for our President, Psalm 109." I also see Bernie stickers. And Warren stickers. And Buttigieg ones. Even some yard signs.

I have literally seen nothing for or against Biden.
    Nothing.
    In a state Biden won, no one talks about him. No one is excited about him. No one is afraid of him. No one thinks he's going to beat Trump here, and no one cares about him or his positions enough to talk about him or openly support the man. He won. How, I don't know. I guess he represents the "silent majority," of the Democratic Party; the folks who either care but don't share or the ones who are being totally calculating about this but somehow think he's going to win over other parts of the country that otherwise seem to be pretty staunch Trump supporters.

I don't honestly know.
    This is just what I've seen.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    And this is all operating under a fantasy wherein the Ukrainians are just morons and had no idea what the ramifications of hiring a Hunter Biden can bring. Like this is not some applicant off the street, they know what it means to hire him and he knows what it means. Anyone who pretends not to see this doesn't know how the world actually works.
    That’s an argument I hear a lot. And I see two problems with it I have never heard a good response to. First off hunter actually had the qualifications to take his spot on the board. His degree and previous career made him a feasible candidate. Ok, were there others, sure, but someone had to get the job and Hunter getting a job his degree and previous work appears to qualify him for doesn’t really strike me as nepotism.

but let’s take the second part. I’ll phrase the criticism as best I can. Hunter may have been qualified, ah, BUT! So many others were. What happened was Biden was in the midst of a sucsesful crackdown! Ah hah! So a company goes out and hires his boy and that way they have a bit of good will. Now it’s nepotism. Ukraine’s way of doing business is buying and selling favors.

so burisma execs decide if they take hunter from that rail way project that didn’t go anywhere, dust him off, give him a nice cushy job they have an in with the Biden’s. Since hunter himself has always been a shifty little bastard, maybe he even says, hire me and I will talk to my dad.

ok well... while I can see that happening because hunter Biden, well qualified or not is basically the second coming of George W. Bush (seriously the resemblance is uncanny) I still don’t see any reason to think The Biden that’s about to be president having done anything wrong beyond raise a boy who seems bound and determined to prove talent skips a generation.

Blog Entries
    I think you more or less got it because I feel Hunter's fuckup aura just makes me believe he got entrapped in a job more than that it was a quid pro quo deal.

One thing to note though: an advisory board position has no qualifications. Seriously. Generously I'd say its a learning-by-doing position.

- - - Updated - - -

Which brings me back to my original point: this was pretty easy to opportunistically latch onto because it's just monumentally stupid and thus shows no evidence of preferred opponent.

Blog Entries
    I mean there is no listed qualifications but you expect things like a fancy Ivy League schooling (which hunter has, he went to Yale) some kind of city work, which hunter technically has in that fucked up railway but like any good technocrat he just failed upwards. so there really does need to be things someone can show before they start cashing their 5k a month checks, but hunter actually had them.

more to the point though, as this conversation has probably made clear I don’t have a great deal of respect for Biden the lesser but I don’t understand having a sleezy fuck up for a boy actually says anything about Joe other then it sucks his far more competent son died.

i mean, is trump gonna push that and bring it up in debates? Sure, but that’s because we also have a sleazy fuck up for a president. And I for one sure as hell cant freaking wait to vote for Biden when the time comes

Blog Entries
    Sure. I do think it's gonna hurt though because generally Trump performs best when he can do his "corrupt establishment" thing or flip things on the accuser which this and the molestation accusation handily provide.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, for the Biden son that died (Beau), I can see Trump going real nasty with an attack about how that if both Obama and Biden hadn't escalated the middle east conflicts, Biden's son could still be alive today. Never mind that Biden's son died of cancer and not in combat, but Biden's on record of saying how it hurts him that his son died related to the war.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    That is true. I didn’t intend to minimize trumps uncanny ability to manipulate people’s base impulses. My thought patterns has always been that since he will do so to anyone it’s not worth taking into account. Trump gonna Trump. He doesn’t get to decide who his opponent is, the voters do. And considering all his blackmail of Ukraine really did when you get down to it is prove hunter is a layabout fuck up, I would say he has a lot to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Also, for the Biden son that died (Beau), I can see Trump going real nasty with an attack about how that if both Obama and Biden hadn't escalated the middle east conflicts, Biden's son could still be alive today. Never mind that Biden's son died of cancer and not in combat, but Biden's on record of saying how it hurts him that his son died related to the war.
    Beau died in a car accident and Biden cynically used his death as means to deflect from criticism by a veteran who brought up the pain Joe's wars caused him when he saw his pals be KIA. It's not just Trump who's a right bastard.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I saw that clip and got confused what his son had to do with anything.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Beau died in a car accident and Biden cynically used his death as means to deflect from criticism by a veteran who brought up the pain Joe's wars caused him when he saw his pals be KIA. It's not just Trump who's a right bastard.
    Not seeing anything about a car accident, but I'm not caring enough to counter your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not seeing anything about a car accident, but I'm not caring enough to counter your claim.
    Checked it just now. It was a stroke caused by a brain tumor from which he could not recover. All very tragic stuff to be sure but the point being is that it wasn't a combat related death. Still should have been more accurate with my words tho

Blog Entries
    Back to the virus news, can someone please enlighten me why doesn't the Western countries buy from the list of manufacturers China recommend for PPE, then bitches about when they buy poorly made stuff from manufacturers who manage to buy their way into the West when even China doesn't approve their quality? For propaganda?

Blog Entries
    Because the entire western civilization is essentially a much larger but thematically similar representation of that meme image with the dog in a lab coat noting that he doesn’t know what he is doing