View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1416 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 416916131613661406141114141415141614171418142114261466 ... LastLast
Results 28,301 to 28,320 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

I vouch for a technocratic oligarchy in which the oligarchy only consists of superintelligent AGIs instituting full automation Marxism. In the far future, Marx will get the last laugh.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Then he will have brought an empire of dust.

Control, quantitative production and even maintenance can be systematic. But advancement, qualitative improvement, and enlightenment can only be impulsive. A system will stifle them as anomalies. The end of struggle is the end of history. You're on a Nasuverse forum, you should know that one.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post

I don't have an issue where it would be present as a form of assistance towards individuals that need it because their circumstances prevented them from pulling much further. What I am opposed is the notion of blanket special treatment since it doesn't take into account various nuances (for one a poor white hick is going to have it worse than a wealthy black hedge fund shareholder, but the latter would get benefits the former wouldn't, even though it's clear the former needs all the help he can get and the latter can just money bomb his way to the same outcome).

He didn't really handle Covid any worse than the average idiot in chief of any major country. He might be remembered for the dumb stuff and claims but that's it.
    I always find that the argument against affirmative action tends to come from bad faith for a few reasons. One, it assumes that minorities unilaterally get advantages in it (which isn't true, as even if you did pass children through schooling with a handicap, higher education doesn't guarantee you a good job, so it can be seen more as an excuse that if they fail with that "handicap" then they were worthless anyway, which would help the argument for racists saying minorities are intrinsically less intelligent and capable in areas of mental acuity than whites). Of course, I remember having similiar conversations with a guy at work who was making jokes about affirmative action at work in the direction of myself and a black colleague (who he somehow considers a friend, heh), but he was a MAGAchud so I wasn't really surprised. The irony was that he was a former military dude who before working there was working at a warehouse/GameStop and somehow, someway, got into the same department as his mother going through a temp agency.

And two, if the argument then becomes about how unfair it would be to poor whites, than fine, how about actually fighting harder for better on the job training, better wages, better representation, and more robust public education so that ALL may benefit? That in turn helps whites and minorities. Its just bad form to say one policy is unfair without really disseminating if that policy gives people the advantage you think it does. Seems more like a way for the poor/middle class to wasting time biting at each others ankles while the rich get richer, while we argue if a policy that ultimately ends up being an excuse for whites to discriminate against minorities is good or not. If you have that much time to.do that, its better served trying to help against the issues for why both sides of that fence end up being screwed despite those policies being in place.

Also, I think Trump has made multiple memories during covid that stand out and are indicative of the rest of his president years, and one thing that stands out is that roundtable of CEOs around April basically taking turns slurping his knob for stimulus. Basically another example of him taking taxpayer money and upfrontly giving a fuck you to everyone, including his supporters. That he is now grifting for help in so called cases for voter fraud, wherein it then states that a large portion is going to campaign debts is the icing on the shit cake. One last grift on the way out.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Then he will have brought an empire of dust.

Control, quantitative production and even maintenance can be systematic. But advancement, qualitative improvement, and enlightenment can only be impulsive. A system will stifle them as anomalies. The end of struggle is the end of history. You're on a Nasuverse forum, you should know that one.
    wait till you tell them you can vote for an epistocracy-technocray hyrid as noocracy of the future without that nonsense. pikachu face right there
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    I vouch for a technocratic oligarchy in which the oligarchy only consists of superintelligent AGIs instituting full automation Marxism. In the far future, Marx will get the last laugh.
    According to Maggot Baits, the only way for "true communism" to rise is if a literal deity reshapes all human souls. In the context of Maggot Baits, said deity is a loli goddess... You can see how this gives me a severe conflict of interest.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    According to Maggot Baits, the only way for "true communism" to rise is if a literal deity reshapes all human souls. In the context of Maggot Baits, said deity is a loli goddess... You can see how this gives me a severe conflict of interest.
    but, but, what if, instead of a literal deity, we invent a god-like AI being?! it's possible in theory!
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Again, that's not where my conflict of interest lies.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    hy, we can always choose to become gods ourselves and make everything free
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Lol(i).
    Also, using MB to support your position is kind of...
    Not that the sentiment is completely wrong per se, but good luck selling transhumanism to the masses. Especially with that marketing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.

broke, woke. which path shall you choose? the one of humanity or of gods?!
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 12th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post

broke, woke. which path shall you choose? the one of humanity or of gods?!
    Ngl, I've a setting where a technocratic oligarchy achieved godhood. Or close enough as makes no difference. They developed a method of accessing an alternate universe with different natural laws that allowed them to eventually override those native to ours locally, and then simply expanded that locality.

This was a tremendously bad thing as they eventually reduced everyone outside of the ruling class to playthings and pawns in their own petty conflicts and pastimes or subjects of their experimentation before finally growing bored of their manufactured paradise and abandoning the twisted population to a technological system that they had been permanently barred from controlling.

They eliminated scarcity except for that which they weaponized. Likewise virtually every other problem. But they automated those weapons and left them running simply because the concerns of "mortals" were beneath the "gods."

Knowing human nature, I don't think your desire will turn out as a good thing.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh how shocking and surprising i am dying of surprise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    This explains why Mitch McConnell always looks like he's been drained of all his fluids!
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    For what it's worth, Reagan's "handling" of the AIDS epidemic is rightfully still remembered.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh? Was Asterism's post scrubbed somehow?

Blog Entries
    No? My joke was just a bit of a reach?

Louisville Kentucky > Kentucky Senator Mitch > Law & Order Republican Senator > Looks like a white raisin > He's in on it and is being succ'd dry by lolis
    Last edited by Twelveseal; November 12th, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    wait till you tell them you can vote for an epistocracy-technocray hyrid as noocracy of the future without that nonsense. pikachu face right there
    Obviously none of what I said is something relating to what Marx actually wrote, rather people's ideas about him, like that marxism can be enforced systematically rather than being supposedly preexisting. Larger point is that there's a certain balance of passion and discipline that has to be maintained in society if it is ever to go forward through whichever path, lest you end up with something extremely silly like anarchocapitalism. If anything, Marx will certainly get the last scream of horror. Either over how his legacy of reviewing the past robbed mankind of its future, or how he was completely wrong about everything and just acted as a giant civilizational roadblock setting us back an entire century.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    I figured MB meant Melty Blood here btw, and it wouldn't have been wrong.

Blog Entries
    Nah, I was talking about Lvl using this as a supporting source/reference.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Lol(i).
    Not that the sentiment is completely wrong per se, but good luck selling transhumanism to the masses. Especially with that marketing.
    Well, the ending where humanity embraces "true communism" under the "guidance" of a loli goddess wasn't considered a good end. Not the bad end, mind you, but not good either.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    No? My joke was just a bit of a reach?
    No, not that! The tweet he posted wasn't showing up for me before, but it is now.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think the West handled the pandemic perfectly since no one is trying to overthrow the government.
    trump tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3