View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 308 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2082582983033063073083093103133183584088081308 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I honestly think the opposite. Part of the reason Obama beat Clinton as time went on was because her early "I'm totally the only viable nominee and everyone knows its inevitable that I'll get it" vibe got shot down when Obama started to win or divide things. People started to question if she could really win if she couldn't pull ahead with a clear victory. The same thing could easily happen here, with people seeing how close they are and starting to go, oh, crap, she's not a lock, maybe we need to reconsider this.
    ...yeah, no, see, obama had the benefit of being able to appeal to minorities, which is why when super Tuesday rolled around, his exceptional ground game allowed him to nearly run the table and lock up the vote.

In this case, HRC actually tying or even beating sanders in a location he should have crushed her by a 10 point margin, primarily due to her mounting the better ground game, suggests the exact opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I would feel so bad for Clinton if that happened again.
    I'd laugh, as it would only further point out the people only like her through Bill.

As for the results for Iowa's Republican primary, I think Cruz is pretty much done. Yeah, he "won", but had to spend about 2.5x and 10x as much money as Trump and Rubio to get 1 and 2 more delegates, respectively. If nothing else, Trump isn't going to let Cruz live that down, probably with something about him being a wasteful spender or being bad at allocating resources.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'd laugh, as it would only further point out the people only like her through Bill.

As for the results for Iowa's Republican primary, I think Cruz is pretty much done. Yeah, he "won", but had to spend about 2.5x and 10x as much money as Trump and Rubio to get 1 and 2 more delegates, respectively. If nothing else, Trump isn't going to let Cruz live that down, probably with something about him being a wasteful spender or being bad at allocating resources.
    I'm reacting about like Tobi is reacting to Arashi to this
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    ...yeah, no, see, obama had the benefit of being able to appeal to minorities
    As a minority that favors Sanders, I am honestly having a hard time conceding your point, privileged Texan admin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    I'm reacting about like Tobi is reacting to Arashi to this
    Was Trump expected to have clinched a landslide win in Iowa? Cause what little I've paid attention to this thread suggests that Cruz should have crushed everyone else.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    As a minority that favors Sanders, I am honestly having a hard time conceding your point, privileged Texan admin.
    how do I put this.

I have no intention of impugning your heartfelt, if entirely anecdotal note about being a minority bernie guy, but you do know that blacks and Hispanics are breaking for clinton by twenty and thirty point margins, right?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Everybody knows polls are racist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Was Trump expected to have clinched a landslide win in Iowa? Cause what little I've paid attention to this thread suggests that Cruz should have crushed everyone else.
    No, he was not, it was suggested that either Trump had a slight lead or basically even.

e: and moreover I think the only person who is very all in on Cruz winning the thing here was and is Tobi? Who as you may note believes a whole ton in electoral outcomes as a mechanical process flowing from organization.
    Last edited by SeiKeo; February 2nd, 2016 at 01:56 AM.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    electoral outcomes as a mechanical process flowing from organization.
    im an old guy, I believe in the things that have worked before.

sue me

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, he was not, it was suggested that either Trump had a slight lead or basically even.
    Oh, then I'm not really sure what you meant then in your previous post if it's not a polite way of saying "well, no, you're wrong".

And I guess I should clear it up here, I have no real preference for any of the candidates, Democratic, Republican, or haha why even try and say third parties.

Blog Entries
    Trump said that everybody told him not to even bother with Iowa, because he never had a chance there, but he came, and he's honored to accept second place, and he may even buy a farm there because Iowans, man, such great people. Furthermore he's going to crush it in New Hampshire, really, it's going to be huge, and South Carolina. So that's that, I think.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Everybody thought Cruz had it in the bag until the after the #NewYorkValues debate, then Cruz started to drop and everyone thought Trump had done it again. Then right in the last few days Cruz and Rubio started surging again. Skipping the debate might have hurt him after all. That and the lack of ground game.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    im an old guy, I believe in the things that have worked before.

sue me
    Not going to sue you, and that does come off with a sort of hostile undercurrent, which isn't intended.

Blog Entries
    well unless he just totally collapses here he probably will win NH. surprisingly urbane response from him. I was expecting more THE POLLS ARE WRONG, I WON, STOLEN VOTES, DEAD PEOPLE VOTING!!!!

and so on.

EDIT:
    Not going to sue you, and that does come off with a sort of hostile undercurrent, which isn't intended.
    did it? im not 100% certain I understand what you are saying here (its late and I am tired) but I didnt mean to come off as hostile, if thats what you mean. actually, I was trying to be funny

Blog Entries
    Quite frankly fuck Iowa because reading the Iowa tea leaves almost never works.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Trump said that everybody told him not to even bother with Iowa, because he never had a chance there, but he came, and he's honored to accept second place, and he may even buy a farm there because Iowans, man, such great people. Furthermore he's going to crush it in New Hampshire, really, it's going to be huge, and South Carolina. So that's that, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Everybody thought Cruz had it in the bag until the after the #NewYorkValues debate, then Cruz started to drop and everyone thought Trump had done it again. Then right in the last few days Cruz and Rubio started surging again. Skipping the debate might have hurt him after all. That and the lack of ground game.
    So, pretty much what Trump was expecting.

Quite frankly fuck Iowa because reading the Iowa tea leaves almost never works.
    This but with regards to the election in general.

Blog Entries
    according to 538 the coinflip thing was the talking heads at MSNBC dont know the difference between a county and a state delegate.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    lol this is amazing, the instant they have an opening the establishment seized it and is acting like Rubio won Iowa instead of Cruz.

He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Democratic vote, 99% reported:
    Hillary Clinton: 50%, 22 delegates
    Bernie Sanders 50%, 21 delegates
    lol