View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 808 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3087087587988038068078088098108138188589081308 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,160 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I'm feeling so empathy over here, senpai.
    Where's the love.
    If you're talking about me... don't get the wrong idea, I still think Trump will make a terrible president for America, but I do happen to agree with you on this one issue.

And no, that's not just me being the intellectual equivalent of a tsundere (it's not like I agree with you or anything, baka!), though I still do like you as a person.

Blog Entries
    Someone asked why Republicans always seem to feel afraid.
    Imagine what you're experiencing right now but for the last 20 years or so.
    And then have those feelings demonized when they're brought into the light because your ancestors supposedly did a bad thing.
    All I'm saying is I don't remember any violent riots over Obama being elected.

Banned
    No, headlines like "look at the dapper face of white nationalism" raise his profile, getting socked while bragging about his frog pin just make him look pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't do anything about Bannon doing not at all hmmm inducing things like omitting Jews from Holocaust memorial speeches but you've got to deal with the footsoldiers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    There is no debate, no platforms for Nazis. Fascists already control the government, we're not letting them control the streets.
    For one thing, it's an exaggeration to say that fascists literally control the government. Does Trump's administration exhibit some disturbing similarities with fascism on the surface level? Unfortunately yes. But no political theorist worth their salt thinks that Trump or his ilk are literal garden-variety fascists straight out of Nazi Germany.

Doesn't stop him from being extremely dangerous to America of course, but it helps to use language precisely. Throwing around terms like fascist and white supremacist so freely is quite possibly part of the reason Trump got elected in the first place, after all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Groups of people like the 200 that showed up to his conference, come on. Die Spencerpartie isn't a serious threat and punching him raises his profile in exchange for feeling good that someone did it.
    No, I get that. The problem with engaging with those people (I'm referring specifically to alt-right/neo-nazis) in any way ends badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    No, headlines like "look at the dapper face of white nationalism" raise his profile, getting socked while bragging about his frog pin just make him look pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't do anything about Bannon doing not at all hmmm inducing things like omitting Jews from Holocaust memorial speeches but you've got to deal with the footsoldiers.
    Both those things are stupid IMO. People like Spencer shouldn't be getting any more attention then your local crazy homeless guy down the street.

Such things only grant them undeserved legitimacy in the public eye.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    No, I get that. The problem with engaging with those people (I'm referring specifically to alt-right/neo-nazis) in any way ends badly.
    And it's easy not to but this fetish for street protest in some parts of the left base is going to backfire immensely. For example, the Berkeley business.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Dude abolish the police lmao

Banned
    If only the Reverend Doctor had understood that identity politics aren't the answer

Blog Entries
    Someone asked why Republicans always seem to feel afraid.
    Imagine what you're experiencing right now but for the last 20 years or so.
    And then have those feelings demonized when they're brought into the light because your ancestors supposedly did a bad thing.
    All I'm saying is I don't remember any violent riots over Obama being elected.
    And you don't think that might have something to do with what trump is doing/trying to do?

remember he's supposed to lead the WHOLE country, not just the people who voted for him.

at least Obama fucking tried. Too bad he was black and the GOP was too busy clutching its collective purse
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    And it's easy not to but this fetish for street protest in some parts of the left base is going to backfire immensely. For example, the Berkeley business.
    I think part of the problem is too much emphasis on protesting for its own sake and less on what these ever-so-noble protests are going to actually accomplish.

I want to smash 'eads in let's smash 'eads in!

Blog Entries
    I think it's people too used to being the majority flounder that they don't have their crooked snake bitch in the White House, clearly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For one thing, it's an exaggeration to say that fascists literally control the government. Does Trump's administration exhibit some disturbing similarities with fascism on the surface level? Unfortunately yes. But no political theorist worth their salt thinks that Trump or his ilk are literal garden-variety fascists straight out of Nazi Germany.
    You're right he doesn't really mean a "ban" on Muslims, there won't literally be a wall.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    There are plenty conservatives here who are able to articulate themselves in a manner fitting for an adult. Try to learn from them.
    Pay attention to this, Ail Don. It's not about shutting down dialogue, but being civil anf productive about it so everyone can express themselves. Otherwise you might as well just suspend the rules and have a free for all.

Which is the same thing wrong with punching Nazis.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    What if, and stop me if this sounds crazy, Nazis don't DESERVE to express themselves?

Blog Entries
    What if, and stop me if this sounds crazy, Nazis don't DESERVE to express themselves?
    No, they do. They just don't deserve to force their beliefs on others and invite violence.

Banned
    Perhaps, in fact, a society where Nazis hide and are afraid to spread their views is a BETTER society!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    No, they do. They just don't deserve to force their beliefs on others and invite violence.
    Which are literally core parts of being a Nazi

Blog Entries
    I think it's people too used to being the majority flounder that they don't have their crooked snake bitch in the White House, clearly.
    Okay, now you're clearly wording things to be as inflammatory as possible. Please cut it out. Invective like that ("Crooked snake bitch") does absolutely nothing to foster any kind of reasonable debate.

Blog Entries
    There's also a difference between civility and a culture of suppression that immediately attacks any differing ideas no matter how sugar-coated or blunt they're put based simply on the fact someone doesn't want to face those particular "facts" but I think that's enough for me in this thread today anyway.
    Have a good day, lads.