View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1358 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3588581258130813481353135613571358135913601363136814081458 ... LastLast
Results 27,141 to 27,160 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Communist China is essentially North Korea but bigger:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    to return to a point I made a few pages back, I am near convinced that when the movement to reign in the police began to materialize, [...]
    First of all, bullshit: no actual movement to "reign in" the police began to materialise, at most you had some performative gestures with barely any symbolic value, much less concrete. Secondly, the police has been "reigned in" a few times already, and nothing of any substantial value has changed; it's pretty telling that Eric Garner was killed with a maneuver that's been prohibited since, what, the 80's?, AND had a female black police officer who did nothing to stop it.

Also, yeah, pretty much what Pendant said.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    If "defund the police" is too much for your brain to handle you're honestly a pussy. And I don't mean you specifically Tobias, I mean anyone who might be scared off by such milquetoast rhetoric.

that kind of thinking is what keeps people from actually effecting change. Taking bold stands isn’t worth shit if you don’t have the ability to effect change. Politics is a full contact sport.

You need to be able to understand that it doesn’t matter in the slightest if you are right if you don’t have the ability to get enough votes. And the thing about pussies or milquetoast whatevers? Their vote counts exactly as much as your mighty empowered and principled stand. Ignoring that is the difference between feeling superior on twitter and bills getting passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reductionism is the curse of the twitter era.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    that kind of thinking is what keeps people from actually effecting change. Taking bold stands isn’t worth shit if you don’t have the ability to effect change. Politics is a full contact sport.
    And if compromise isn't actually a two-way street, it's just kowtowing to the opposition - leaving aside how it's rather easier to compromise with the lives of others instead of one's own.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Potentially. Defund the Police is rather vague and easily exploited. That said, any slogan would have been a target, regardless. It's just a matter of how easy the shots would have been.
    Demilitarize the police would be hard to turn on you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    don't let all this talk sway you from the fact that whenever there are russians and whoever borders russia, gets destabilized unless you are finland, but gotta sacrifice your nato ticket for the last one.

- georgia
    - romania/moldova
    - ukraine
    - potentially belarus.

and you know what all those countries have in common? ex soviet countries, have neo soviet parties in them, borders russia, and russians trying to live there and crimea stlyle those countries
    Ironically, Lukashanku pretty much got into power from the start with no Russian assistance whatsoever and was more repressive than they were (and they still are). The idea that Russia would essentially want to overthrow him should actually be making everyone happy since it means liberalization regardless.

Like... I can't make this up.

Georgia was totally unwanted though... and Moldova's kind of a weird stand-off since it's essentially the result of a country which cannot decide or make up it's mind on whether they are independent or just part of a greater whole. In Romania's case, it's the result of associating Russia with one of the worst crackpot dictators in history.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Yeah, defund the police wasn't that great. It's been asked to me by confused people at various dinners multiple times why you would want to get rid of the police, during the BLM marches, with me having to give an explanation ten times as long about what it actually means.

Plus for these slogans there's always a group that takes it literally and actually does want to.
    It was horrific. Like, I had to do a double take when I heard it because when my mind hears "defund" it instantly jumps to "dismantle" because that's what the word acts as a synonym of in the Spanish political landscape. No funds = department shuts down.

I feel like, sometimes, this place becomes a bit strange. Amusing. But rather strange.

Oh hey, asteroid headed our way! And right before Election Day!
    Seems my gacha rates were off.
    A friend of mine is going to be so happy she's finally right.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Communist China is essentially North Korea but bigger:
    Err no... I went to China and even complained to government workers about some things there and they pretty much said I was dead on. The issue is not doing it in front of the police/military/whatever.

I would actually be afraid of going to NK and ending like Otto Warmbier... Or going to South Korea and essentially imprisoning myself in my hotel room doing nothing but playing old games on an emulator until I left.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yes, defund and dismantle are basically the same.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that’s kind of what I am talking about. I understand what people mean when they say defund it.

But I also understand that joe q. McNormalguy doesn’t watch the news, and only heard about George Floyd a minute ago when he asked why some protestors made him late to work.

joe: and they all had signs that said something about BLS or something.

co-worker: BLM probably. They are protesting because a cop put his knee to the neck of a guy that died.

joe: oh that’s awful. Well what are people saying?

co-worker: well one side says that it’s just an isolated incident and tragic but we don’t need to do anything. That’s the Republicans by the way

joe: well what does the other guys say?

co-worker: iunno, defund the police I guess. That’s what the signs say anyway.

joe: what!? They want to get rid of all cops? Sheeeeeet I’m voting republican

see joe here is an idiot, he is uninformed, and should educate himself. But thing is, his vote is worth just as much as yours or anyone else’s, and when joe hears “defund the police” he hears “there will be absolutely no more police.”

that’s not a winning message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    honestly, and i know it's not my place to say this, but why is the US obsessed with GUNS? can't the police in there work without fire arms? of course, i understand fire arms are a common thing in the us, so why not restrict them like canada did and let fire arms use for police restricted for only armed people?
    Spoiler:
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Banned
    Blog Entries
    honestly, and i know it's not my place to say this, but why is the US obsessed with GUNS? can't the police in there work without fire arms? of course, i understand fire arms are a common thing in the us, so why not restrict them like canada did and let fire arms use for police restricted for only armed people?
    Unfortunately, smaller firearms are easily concealed. Heck, someone made a gun shaped like a smartphone.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's like asking why this forum is obsessed with Type Moon. It's part of our founding.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    By the way, does anyone here like Mario Kart?
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/tu...rnd/index.html

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Hey, take that up with the people who wrote the Wizardry dialogue:

Last 30 seconds of the video.
    The moment you take what someone else already used to try and make your point you can't just deflect criticism of the quote by saying "Hey, they were the ones saying that". You obviously thought it'd be valid enough to help push your point, so you've got to defend it when flaws on its reasoning are pointed out.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    My issue is that the guns should be kept in the car and brought out if it's clear they are in an area known for armed robberies/assaults. Normal policemen patrolling main street should get a taser at best (a really strong one, but a taser regardless) and a handgun that's not easily accessible.

But training cops takes effort, and effort is the most expensive commodity in the United States of America (heck, even the Americas, I'd say).

Banned
    Blog Entries

Behold my scary periods.

Blog Entries
    Demilitarizing the police is fine if you can ensure people can't buy firearms.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Demilitarizing the police is fine if you can ensure people can't buy firearms.
    Lol. Good luck with that.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Lol. Good luck with that.
    Yeah, that's the main problem. Even if it somehow gets passed, how to get people give up their firearms is also problematic.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guns themselves aren't even that much of an issue, it's certain kinds of guns. Handguns are dangerous because they can be easily concealed, and Assault rifles and other full auto guns mean you can shoot hundreds of bullets a minute. Get rid of those and you'll probably be able to cut gun violence down significantly, while still letting hunters keep their rifles. By doing so you'd also know who the crazy ones are, becasue you don't need a revolver to hunt deer, or need to shoot it 35 times in 4 seconds with an AK.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.