View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1377 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 377877127713271367137213751376137713781379138213871427 ... LastLast
Results 27,521 to 27,540 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    El presidente doesn’t like xi because he is a sleazy real estate developer and sleazy real estate developers have nightmares about Chinese xompanies swooping in and buying lucrative property out from under them. That’s pretty much it.

trump got beat in a few budding wars twenty years ago and he is still butt hurt about it because if you had a property to sell, which would you go with,

the national company which tends to pay a ten percent premium over market price and usually makes its payments in a single lump sum within thirty days of closing

or

the guy telling you not to sell to foreigners offering you cut rate and with a noted tendency of stiffing people on payments and suing anyone he has a contract with to delay payments or try to sucker a judge into reducing the amount owed.

basically because he lost some money back in the nineties he hates Chinese people, so xi sucks. That’s all there is to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I mean, is Trump even capable of liking another guy instead of the power they have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    El presidente doesn’t like xi because he is a sleazy real estate developer and sleazy real estate developers have nightmares about Chinese xompanies swooping in and buying lucrative property out from under them. That’s pretty much it.

trump got beat in a few budding wars twenty years ago and he is still butt hurt about it because if you had a property to sell, which would you go with,

the national company which tends to pay a ten percent premium over market price and usually makes its payments in a single lump sum within thirty days of closing

or

the guy telling you not to sell to foreigners offering you cut rate and with a noted tendency of stiffing people on payments and suing anyone he has a contract with to delay payments or try to sucker a judge into reducing the amount owed.

basically because he lost some money back in the nineties he hates Chinese people, so xi sucks. That’s all there is to it
    I want this as a soap opera/Chinese drama.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Oh boy, I have some bad news for you if you thought we hit rock bottom.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And there's still three months for China and India to start throwing nukes at each other too!
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Oh boy, I have some bad news for you if you thought we hit rock bottom.
    I know we haven't. Just pointing out the ship's still sinking. We also had another ramming attack in Cali, for example. This time a BLM supporter ran over some Pro-Trumpers.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Russia will just re-absorb Belarus since everyone is aiming their mouthpiece at China.

Blog Entries
    It wouldn't surprise me too much. See Georgia and Crimea.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me too much. See Georgia and Crimea.
    Amusing how the West allow Russia to walk over them. I guess the Yellow Peril is more terrifying than the Russians dominating.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And you don't think they let China do the same? China's way more free to do it than Russia too, since they make fucking everything. It's why all those Taiwan threats actually work. Sure Russia has massive energy reserves they sell to Europe, but if they told the world to not acknowledge Ukraine they'd be told to fuck off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    And you don't think they let China do the same? China's way more free to do it than Russia too, since they make fucking everything. It's why all those Taiwan threats actually work. Sure Russia has massive energy reserves they sell to Europe, but if they told the world to not acknowledge Ukraine they'd be told to fuck off.
    The thing is, I don't think they would let China do the same. In my opinion, they are provoking China to take the offensive first so they can gang up on China both economically and militarily. In words of some, China is but a paper tiger that is all talk and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Amusing how the West allow Russia to walk over them. I guess the Yellow Peril is more terrifying than the Russians dominating.
    While Ukraine and Georgia are iffy, absorbing Belarus isn't exactly their business. Not only would Belarus be considerably more liberal under Russian governance. It would also essentially complete what was intended with the Union State. Also, Lukashenko will likely prefer that to a Color Revolution and unlike Yanu, he's still firmly CIC of his country.

Essentially, annexing Belarus is far less likely to be controversial... mostly because it's already an improvement in all metrics.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, I don't think they would let China do the same. In my opinion, they are provoking China to take the offensive first so they can gang up on China both economically and militarily. In words of some, China is but a paper tiger that is all talk and no substance.
    I don't think they are so much a paper tiger insomuch as them not being ready yet and some in the West wanting to provoke them into starting a conflict soon before they can actually afford to start it and win.

Let's not overlook the facts: China's growing while the world is sinking (right now) and they are more people than the US+EU combined. By pure math, if their performance during the Korean War is anything to go by (and they didn't get rusty, which isn't guaranteed), current China would be a complete suicide bordering on Operation Sealion levels of implausibility.

If you mean economic war, that wouldn't work because it's what's currently happening and reviving old industrial structures doesn't work.

The truth is, power already shifted, and US+Five Eyes+Europe is no longer able to dominate the world no matter what. Someone outside is going to inevitably profit at their expense because more than a vacuum, power abhors the status quo and will move as far away from them as it can.

Sink China and you might have Mexico stationing troops on the border, Brazil building nukes, India lobbing them, or Turkey rebuilding the Ottoman Empire. For better or for worse, power will not return to the Northern Hemisphere until it has weighed on the South (excluding ANZ).

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing your insights AsGryffynn. The West seemed more fragile than what I remembered when I was studying.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why I dislike China (I've "experienced" that brown "toilet paper"):

Why I hate China:

Their tyranny has, one way or another, negatively affected my beloved anime.
    So no, it's not hypocritical for me to hate communist China but like the US because such bullshit does not happen in the US or if it did, it wouldn't be the result of the government. Usually private individuals (who may or may not be funded by... China):

And of course, the CCP is not exactly discreet about using that to its advantage:

All the while doing this:

Also:

My response?
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...C%20New%20York.

Blog Entries
    Ah, wb.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    China is like Davros from Doctor Who or Nazo from Golden Bat (yes, I finally got around to watching that). An evil cripple in a bizarre life support wheelchair that also functions as a weapon, who does terrible things, but when you're about to finish them off, they try to appeal to your sense of pity:

No, you're not a good man. Now, take this baton through your skull:

(near the end of the video, obviously)

Blog Entries
    From your post records, you are what you hate L3.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, unlike the CCP, I want good quality toilet paper (or even just actual toilet paper, instead of wood pulp), good quality Internet, and for anime media not to be affected by RL politics.
    From your post records, you are what you hate L3.
    I certainly won't apologize for shit because we all know how that goes in cancel culture.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; September 28th, 2020 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Double standards, racists and licking America's boots. You are just a variation of the little pink in China. Of course you would wear this proud.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's actually really interesting seeing you two argue all the time, since you're basically the same person born on different sides of the world. Like one of those highly unethical experiments where they take a pair of twins and send them to different families to find out how they grow differently.