View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    6 7.41%
  • 2 years

    11 13.58%
  • 3 years

    3 3.70%
  • 4 years

    1 1.23%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    19 23.46%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    13 16.05%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    28 34.57%
Page 1252 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 252752115212021242124712501251125212531254125712621302 ... LastLast
Results 25,021 to 25,040 of 26588

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #25021
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is it just me or is the US starting to feel like Yugoslavia circa 1989?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  2. #25022
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    Maybe, but nowhere near as toxic. I haven't seen anywhere near the level of nationalist rhetoric coming out of the Dems as from the Reps. Likewise, there's not really a single "American" identity that people can rally around beyond political movements with a lot of nuances between them. The actively ethnonationalist movements here don't represent a significant portion of the population, just a distressingly influential one. If they did, the SBC would probably still be segregated rather than being headed by a black man.

    What I'm more afraid of is the beginning of a conflict between rival insurgent movements, none of whom have the power or skill to organize into a cohesive force, take and hold territory,
    or meaningfully govern, let alone have the legitimacy to, but who do have the weapons and know-how needed to produce "lone wolf" attacks.

    The level of security held by the economic and political elites makes attacks against them unlikely to succeed, but terrorist attacks against the poor, middle, and working classes or against facilities would be viable. That's not a good situation for anyone, unless you happen to not benefit from the US in the global supply chain and just hate the average American rather than the jackasses running the shitshow.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  3. #25023
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,316
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is that before, or after the civil war?

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  4. #25024
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    To some, America died on 26/12/91

  5. #25025
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Speaking of things that happened in the past, today is the fiftieth anniversary of Apollo 13's return to Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  6. #25026
    HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,448
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    To some, America died on 26/12/91
    To me, history's real heroes are the Gorbachevs of the world, who managed to navigate shitshows such as the Soviet collapse in a peaceful way.

    (well, not all was peaceful, but considering the situation and precedents it was remarkably so)
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 17th, 2020 at 06:56 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  7. #25027
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    To me, history's real heroes are the Gorbachevs of the world, who managed to navigate shitshows such as the Soviet collapse in a peaceful way.

    (well, not all was peaceful, but considering the situation and precedents it was remarkably so)
    At the expense of the Soviet bloc that is, but yeah, it is better than the world going kaboom thanks to nukes.

  8. #25028
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,057
    Blog Entries
    12
    The fearless leader of Texas Gregg “genocide” Abbott has boldly announced his intent to make Texas the first state to fully re-open.

    on a related note, I hear both Austin and Dallas have new outbreak clusters

    EDIT: oh, can’t forgot Houston! They are popping up all round the port. Is it to late to rename The governor Gregg “genocide von fuckstick” Abbott ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  9. #25029
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,655
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    you're a big state, you can take it
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  10. #25030
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,736
    Blog Entries
    2
    And we got Trump supporters protesting to open up businesses in Annapolis as well like they had in Michigan. We'll see if Hogan sticks to his guns to keep things closed until the 30th or not.

  11. #25031
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    Dead men tell no tales, but their next of kin might.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  12. #25032
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Dead men tell no tales, but their next of kin might.
    I doubt that, since their next of kin will be lying just next to them.

    Come on, things are getting worse, but people are calling for re-opening already? How deep does that dying for economy goes into people's head?

  13. #25033
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    And the economy is going to tank anyway.


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  14. #25034
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    And the economy is going to tank anyway.
    It will only get worse if real efforts are not put into dealing with the virus. Trillions ain't much if people keep dying.

  15. #25035
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Is it just me or is the US starting to feel like Yugoslavia circa 1989?
    Wrong comparison son!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Maybe, but nowhere near as toxic. I haven't seen anywhere near the level of nationalist rhetoric coming out of the Dems as from the Reps. Likewise, there's not really a single "American" identity that people can rally around beyond political movements with a lot of nuances between them. The actively ethnonationalist movements here don't represent a significant portion of the population, just a distressingly influential one. If they did, the SBC would probably still be segregated rather than being headed by a black man.

    What I'm more afraid of is the beginning of a conflict between rival insurgent movements, none of whom have the power or skill to organize into a cohesive force, take and hold territory,
    or meaningfully govern, let alone have the legitimacy to, but who do have the weapons and know-how needed to produce "lone wolf" attacks.

    The level of security held by the economic and political elites makes attacks against them unlikely to succeed, but terrorist attacks against the poor, middle, and working classes or against facilities would be viable. That's not a good situation for anyone, unless you happen to not benefit from the US in the global supply chain and just hate the average American rather than the jackasses running the shitshow.
    I mean, you have states that do have a "unique" mentality and are with Trump on this (Texas and everything in the Deep South). Just because you haven't seen them in a while doesn't means those old roots can't come back.

    Just look at Catalan nationalism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The fearless leader of Texas Gregg “genocide” Abbott has boldly announced his intent to make Texas the first state to fully re-open.

    on a related note, I hear both Austin and Dallas have new outbreak clusters

    EDIT: oh, can’t forgot Houston! They are popping up all round the port. Is it to late to rename The governor Gregg “genocide von fuckstick” Abbott ?
    What's with the Abbott clan and conservatives?

    Like, didn't Texas see Australia and think "this guy will bury us"?
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  16. #25036
    I can't believe there are anti-lockdown protests. Not only is it a dumb thing to protest over, but being in groups like that will also spread the virus even more.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  17. #25037
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    You... can't?
    I mean, a lot of us here can't afford to not work. I'm only not panicking because I'm getting catastrophe pay for the two weeks I've been off, I'm going back to work the day after tomorrow, and I've held my current job long enough to qualify for unemployment, as well as having enough tax refund left to pay for a month's expenses if I keep my budget under control.

    Not everyone is that lucky. Especially small business owners whose expenses require steady income to maintain. The government loans for that have already dried up. Or the folks who are less stable than I am; those government checks haven't shown up for everyone and'll be late for people without banking options. In other words, the most poor.

    This isn't amazing. What's amazing is that it isn't violent yet. A lot of these people don't even believe the thing is real, or that it's been overblown by the media and Democrats as a way to attack Trump and undermine the crown jewel of his presidency; a thriving on paper economy.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  18. #25038
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,057
    Blog Entries
    12
    A rather comforting poll came out from NBC this morning noting that 60% of responders believed the government was trying to open to early, vs 32% who said it was taking to long. I would have thought the numbers more closely tracked partisan divides. But people being smart and staying the fuck at home are less interesting then the protest of morons picketing whitackers office or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  19. #25039
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fear has a strong impact on people. It is why I think forcing the whole "die for the economy" thing is going to get very ugly sooner or later.


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  20. #25040
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. It sets up a direct conflict between people who are at high risk from it and those that care for them with people who either aren't, or aren't willing to conform for the safety of others. A conflict between business owners and operators and their workers.

    Huh. Sounds like a Class War...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •