View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    6 7.41%
  • 2 years

    11 13.58%
  • 3 years

    3 3.70%
  • 4 years

    1 1.23%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    19 23.46%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    13 16.05%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    28 34.57%
Page 1279 of 1333 FirstFirst ... 279779117912291269127412771278127912801281128412891329 ... LastLast
Results 25,561 to 25,580 of 26655

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #25561
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Aka let's let the conservative court pick our president. Aka the electoral college is a bad idea; part 1.

    I suppose, thinking about, Biden is basically the only real option available right now. The current administration has really hammered home the fact that voting is literally a matter of life and death both at home and abroad. I can't help but feel, flawed as he is and as little as he represents my values, he'll at least cause less suffering and death globally than another 4 years of Trump (especially since it'll be even harder to restrain him) would.

    Unpleasant as it is, it's arguably the only responsible choice for the greater good.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; May 8th, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  2. #25562
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,478
    I don't vote for capitalists.

  3. #25563
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,849
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    The problem with voting for Biden is we already saw what a fully controlled Democratic legislature + President does, just look at 2008. In short, not all that much beyond Obamacare, or Obama's 100 days main plan. So, if we can only expect the 100 days thing to happen again, all we get is some slightly better social conditions. Don't get me wrong, those are better than nothing, but you're basically giving up on the economy again for another 4 years so that people of all races can be socially equal, if poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  4. #25564
    Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,812
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Ugh, I hate when that happens. My local riding was hard Conservative for almost a decade.

    I can understand the sentiment, but I can never agree with it. One vote almost never matters, but there's probably a bunch of people who think that and just give up, when if they didn't they might actually get an outcome they enjoy. And I'd rather not have regrets in those cases where one vote does matter. Like 2000 Florida.
    By that logic they shouldn't vote for Biden because it's not who they really want.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  5. #25565
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    K, so not going to try to be cute and hoping this link doesn't suck.

    Scientists have found that parts of the world are becoming too hot and humid for humans to live there thanks to global warming. We knew this was coming, but it's happening sooner than expected.

    So yay, here's a break in news from politics and pandemics. You may now return to your regularly scheduled
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  6. #25566
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,536
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  7. #25567
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,736
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The problem with voting for Biden is we already saw what a fully controlled Democratic legislature + President does, just look at 2008. In short, not all that much beyond Obamacare, or Obama's 100 days main plan. So, if we can only expect the 100 days thing to happen again, all we get is some slightly better social conditions. Don't get me wrong, those are better than nothing, but you're basically giving up on the economy again for another 4 years so that people of all races can be socially equal, if poor.
    Not saying you wouldn't be wrong that Biden would have policies that enable the more corrupt to flourish and stagnate what progress is being made, but what is your plan if not voting for him that actually has a solid goal, one that isn't hoping for things but has a tangible roadmap and goal.
    And what would YOU do to make that happen, not just leave it to someone else, but what would YOU do to get that ball rolling.

  8. #25568
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,849
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Currently watching what plays out with Ventura's bid to be Green Party candidate, cause someone with star power, even if I disagree with them, might be enough for a third party to get that meaningful 5% of total vote for federal funding in future elections.

    Cause face it, Biden stands no chance in Texas unless hell on earth breaks loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  9. #25569
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,059
    Blog Entries
    12
    You are hoping he will be a real “ace” Ventura huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  10. #25570
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  11. #25571
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,327
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    What about store's where you must return a cart to get back you're 1 dollar deposit?

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  12. #25572
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,795
    Blog Entries
    1
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

    Tearing down the facade of championing humanitarianism. Cleansing the elderlies seems to be a norm now?

  13. #25573
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,603
    I am just hoping the situation in the US goes from bad to "unbearable" so the Democratic Party cannot stick their head in the sand anymore with the voters essentially forcing them to add socialism to the party platform and shoehorn AOC into the White House, as much as the conservatives might scream their heads off.

    Thus my disposition towards Biden, which is still more along the lines of drowning my sorrows in alcohol and sighing for a whole night instead of "after this, how many rations should I stow in the bunker?" which was my response to Clinton winning.
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  14. #25574
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,795
    Blog Entries
    1
    Let's be honest. Trump will win this thanks to voters having short term memory and a need to find someone to blame. With the help of the media, Trump can turn China into the perfect punching bag to stay in power, and there is little you can do to stop it.

  15. #25575
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,736
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Currently watching what plays out with Ventura's bid to be Green Party candidate, cause someone with star power, even if I disagree with them, might be enough for a third party to get that meaningful 5% of total vote for federal funding in future elections.

    Cause face it, Biden stands no chance in Texas unless hell on earth breaks loose.
    Well in the near middle of May its snowing, so maybe it is. But Jesse Ventura? Hmm, I don't think he will at this juncture, plus with how hard right things are leaning, I wouldn't bet on that game plan.
    Now if Austin was to do so, you juuuuust might have enough star power. Jesse has middling star power (and more importantly, political experience), so probably not enough to rouse who you'd think he would rouse.

  16. #25576
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,849
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well in the near middle of May its snowing, so maybe it is. But Jesse Ventura? Hmm, I don't think he will at this juncture, plus with how hard right things are leaning, I wouldn't bet on that game plan.
    Now if Austin was to do so, you juuuuust might have enough star power. Jesse has middling star power (and more importantly, political experience), so probably not enough to rouse who you'd think he would rouse.
    Seems like it's dead in the water anyway, as he's not going to be running because he doesn't want to lose his healthcare.

    However, it appears that run will not take off. Ventura says if he runs, has to give up his job and healthcare and with impending health issue in June, he cannot.

    "Unfortunately, I don’t see the logistics coming into play, time is an element," said Ventura. "The Green Party names their candidate in July, I truthfully couldn’t become available until mid to end of June, so therefore the system itself will stop me from pursuing as it is right now. I do urge people to get out and vote."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  17. #25577
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,059
    Blog Entries
    12
    Fun fact, Biden poll lead against el presidente is the steadiest on record going back a hundred years

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/polit...ing/index.html

    this article was most informative but a similar WAPO article was more fun to read. It noted Trump has become shell shocked and frustrated because he believed he was in a glide path to reelection until his internal polls consistently showed him losing swing states.

    I gather this happened in 2018 as well but he ignored the polls then thinking he couldn’t lose. The ensuing blood bath and the last two years of pelosi sticking her gavel in his eye have taught him a bit of reality, and he doesn’t know what to do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  18. #25578
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,602
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Real Talk, how many of you are actually willing to cut off your nose to spite your face? Biden's not great, but is four more of Trump really worth it?
    This thread is full of examples of Biden not wishing to undo Republican policy. The real question is why keep hitting yourself in the face and tell yourself youre tending your wounds?

    Is there any plan you have for things to get better that doesnt rely on people who clearly do not share your interests to change their minds, based only on your own hope that they will do so?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  19. #25579
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fun fact, Biden poll lead against el presidente is the steadiest on record going back a hundred years

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/polit...ing/index.html

    this article was most informative but a similar WAPO article was more fun to read. It noted Trump has become shell shocked and frustrated because he believed he was in a glide path to reelection until his internal polls consistently showed him losing swing states.

    I gather this happened in 2018 as well but he ignored the polls then thinking he couldn’t lose. The ensuing blood bath and the last two years of pelosi sticking her gavel in his eye have taught him a bit of reality, and he doesn’t know what to do about it.
    Gee, this truly looks familiar doesn't it?

    Seriously though, I3uster is right. Even if you rue the day you have to admit it as a country, America cannot afford not five more years of Trump, but four more years of bullshit politics from an ossified political system. Last time someone ignored this, he was thrown out of his desk and office.

    Then his country was thrown away as well and somehow you seem to believe doing the same and then blaming this country is going to turn out well. Boohoo, it will just end with the very wise ex-leader (who's somehow still alive) going "I told you so..."
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

  20. #25580
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,425
    Blog Entries
    4
    @I3uster: Not really, no. After all, at this point, every option screws us over in that manner. Toby's not wrong on the polling thing. Trump was able to buck the polls and win via the electoral college. It's what we're all still expecting to happen; he'll lose the popular vote (likely by a bigger margin) but win the college. However, Trump is polling something like 9% behind Biden nationally for a long time now. This has exactly nothing to do with Biden's performance, because he's generally been unimpressive.

    Americans just by and large hate the President and intend to vote against him.

    So, we can vote Biden and increase the chances of having a lesser evil, or split the vote in favor of write-ins or 3rd Party candidates with no name recognition right now, which makes another Trump win more likely. And with it, the continued approval of his actions, policies, and style.

    We don't really have any sort of long-term plan beyond the a write-in; not voting tells the parties nothing because there's so many reasons why one wouldn't.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •