View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    6 7.41%
  • 2 years

    11 13.58%
  • 3 years

    3 3.70%
  • 4 years

    1 1.23%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    19 23.46%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    13 16.05%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    28 34.57%
Page 1286 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 28678611861236127612811284128512861287128812911296 ... LastLast
Results 25,701 to 25,720 of 26598

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #25701
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,057
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Does anyone *really* believe Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine?
    im more disbelieving then not (as that is my default with anything he says) but im not 100% ready to discard the possibility entirely
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  2. #25702
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    Wonder why he's so hell-bent on selling that? I mean, it's basically snake oil at this point, since we don't know if it works or how well.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  3. #25703
    HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,448
    Blog Entries
    6
    weak

    He should have claimed he was getting bleach injections
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  4. #25704
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,602
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Um, hers is not the only story. Like, there's things about how female members of the secret service weren't assigned to Biden cuz of his handsiness, and the men were told to keep their female friends and relations away from him.
    just google "biden daily show grope"

    let it melt in your mouth

    this was behavior that in a pre-biden nominee world was deemed unacceptable to the point of open mockery

    something that this race single handedly rolled back

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's not even like principles are hard to find in American media discourse and political culture, it feels like they are strategically bred out by everybody behaving like a political party is a fucking football team that you keep supporting even when your star player faces credible accusations of sexual violence.

    Once you eliminate even the idea of an alternative and villainize people that seek one I guess that's all that is left.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  5. #25705
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    just google "biden daily show grope"

    let it melt in your mouth

    this was behavior that in a pre-biden nominee world was deemed unacceptable to the point of open mockery

    something that this race single handedly rolled back

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's not even like principles are hard to find in American media discourse and political culture, it feels like they are strategically bred out by everybody behaving like a political party is a fucking football team that you keep supporting even when your star player faces credible accusations of sexual violence.

    Once you eliminate even the idea of an alternative and villainize people that seek one I guess that's all that is left.
    Honestly, idk if I'd say this race rolled things back.

    Or rather, seems to me that if you are put in a situation where your only two options for president boil down to Donald "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump and Joe "I like when kids bounce on my lap" Biden, you probably end up defaulting to the lesser rapist.

    Which really should be a massive indicator of the fact that something went very fucking wrong with the system, but at this point I've run out of things to say about USA's particular brand of "democracy".


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  6. #25706
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,602
    Blog Entries
    12
    Which would be fine if you didn't see people literally backtrack on their positions in regards to this.

    Like you can't really make a noose out of it for toby because as far as I know he's never been a Believe Women guy but if you get it from people that were doing personal PR cruises on #metoo aftershocks it's getting a bit disgusting.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  7. #25707
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Which would be fine if you didn't see people literally backtrack on their positions in regards to this.

    Like you can't really make a noose out of it for toby because as far as I know he's never been a Believe Women guy but if you get it from people that were doing personal PR cruises on #metoo aftershocks it's getting a bit disgusting.
    Honestly this was always a major concern for me regarding the mediatic explosion that came with #metoo. Politicians would say whatever got them brownie points with the general public, and walk back when convenient. Basically helping transform a legitimate movement into a trend.

    There's also the issue of rape being an extremely complex matter to analyze from many points of view, especially legally. See, while I disagree with toby on many, many points, I don't think he really said anything wrong per se during the whole discussion. The problem of proof in these cases is one that I don't think anyone has found a way to handle yet, and I really don't have any ideas of how it could be resolved. What is clear is that you cannot just condemn someone based only on the word of someone else, which often ends up bottlenecking these types of cases.

    However, the media machine didn't really help to explain or to show people the reality of the horrible situations many had experienced, instead moving towards over-simplification and a sort of distorted outlook at the issue. In the case of my country it basically moved straight into mediatic executions where often judgment had been issued by the media even before legal actions had gone anywhere. I'm not surprised at all that politicians are staging overt walkbacks, because a lot was done to convert #metoo into a trend. I think that, in general terms, exposure helped the cause ultimately, but this is quickly becoming a situation of two steps forwards and one back.

    More relevant to the topic of the presidential race, I have to say that the more I get to know about Biden, the more disgusted I become by the current situation, and the more I am inclined to believe that something happened with Tara. I don't think his many bizarre behaviors and sexually aggressive attitude (if the many, many reports about it are to be believed) are indicative of a sane mind. Combined with his various episodes of incoherent babbling, he really gives me the feeling of having something wrong with his head, be it senility or be it something else. By this point the only advantage I see on him over Donald Trump is that he's less likely send the world into a nuclear holocaust. Not by being saner, but by having a wholly different kind of madness.

    Again though, although it really fucks me up to say this, even if the rape actually happened, the situation that has been created in the US makes it so it is of little relevance. Which is just so fucking wrong, goddamn.


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  8. #25708
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,840
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Late response because I've been busy with other matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    No it isn’t. The entire point of the article is that the only evidence that the alleged harassment occurred is she says it did. Nothing else. Which means you have to wonder wherever she is an honest woman, which it does not seem like she is.
    Or, here's a hot take: Tara isn't wealthy or highly educated, like the people Biden and other elite Democratic members of the establishment like to rub shoulders with, so she's not worth supporting to the same degree as Dr. Ford. Also, the article is hilarious because it takes the statements of her landlords as gospel truth to squelch everything else, even though it does nothing to actually combat Tara's claims. As I said before, it's a character assassination piece.

    The other “cooberating evidence” is nothing but hearsay. She told somebody else something happened, but they didn’t see it themselves.
    And the point you keep missing is that this is still more than what Dr. Ford had, yet the people who catapulted their careers on the whole #MeToo thing turned a blind eye on Tara because it's politically inconvenient, offering the same excuses they berated Kavanaugh defenders for giving.

    the amusing thing is before it was proven conclusively false the other girl who was lying actually had a much more solid allegation. She said something happened, she, like Tara had several people come forward to say that they had been told years past that Biden had harassed her, and unlike Tara the other girl actually had real evidence, a witness who came forward and said that she herself actual saw it happened.

    now of course, we know all those people were lying.
    Again with the "well if person A is lying about something person B did, then person C that says the same thing about person B as person A is also a liar" logic. Because if we're using that logic to dismiss Tara's claims, then we can't trust Biden's side of this because of all the numerous on-camera moments of him blatantly lying to the nation just from this year alone.

    tara doesn’t even have an eye witness or anything. She just has an ever changing story and a noted predilection for taking advantage of people for trusting her when she says things. That’s the point of the article.
    Well then, you should be more than happy if this is the case considering Tara is willing to be criminally charged for filing a false police report.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In unrelated news, Texas looks to be doing something really fucking nice for once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  9. #25709
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    What happens if Americans think both candidates suck ass and choose to abstain their vote?

  10. #25710
    アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    What happens if Americans think both candidates suck ass and choose to abstain their vote?
    You'd need literally every single voter possible to abstain. Which is not going to happen ever for various motives.


    quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

    [16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

    [22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

  11. #25711
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,057
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    What happens if Americans think both candidates suck ass and choose to abstain their vote?
    if this is a literal question then I suppose biden wins his home state after he votes for himself, trump does the same, niether amass 270 votes and therefor the president is elected by the house of representatives
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  12. #25712
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    I would assume whoever gets the most delegate votes of the people who do show up wins. In order to get a full no-show, you'd somehow have to have a scenario in which literally no one voted, particularly all of the party delegates and their potential replacements (because yes, there are backups if people refuse to vote or try to vote for someone they're not supposed to, as was seen duing 2016 when three Clinton delegates defected to Republicans in the vain hope of peeling Never-Trumper Republicans and forcing some kind of legal resolution over the winner like with Bush Jr.). The fewer voters you have, the less legitimate the winner looks, but that doesn't mean much since they still have the full official capacity of President afterwards.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  13. #25713
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    7 hour lines in key districts and media support
    It's looking less and less that it was worth it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  14. #25714
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hmm. I thought it works by percentage, as in if you do not have enough of votes per state and throughout the country, it would be considered void and you need to restart the process.

  15. #25715
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    I don't really know. It's never been an issue as far as I know. Even with Trump and Hillary, the two least popular candidates since they starting tracking popularity polls, turnout was still good.

    Basically, Race is right; you're never going to see a scenario where no one votes.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  16. #25716
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hmm, so you don't really have a choice since you have to vote for whatever shit that parties support then?

  17. #25717
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    4
    You have choices, but yes, one of the two parties are all-but-guaranteed victory. Those candidates aren't really chosen by the common citizens; they're picked by the party, donors, and media. All of which represent the wealthy elites of the country.

    It's much the same over there, yes? The candidates are essentially chosen by the CCP leadership without much input from the common folk, they're pushed by the media and the wealthy elites that make up said leadership, and you get to vote for who they let you pick from, right?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  18. #25718
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    You have choices, but yes, one of the two parties are all-but-guaranteed victory. Those candidates aren't really chosen by the common citizens; they're picked by the party, donors, and media. All of which represent the wealthy elites of the country.

    It's much the same over there, yes? The candidates are essentially chosen by the CCP leadership without much input from the common folk, they're pushed by the media and the wealthy elites that make up said leadership, and you get to vote for who they let you pick from, right?
    Pretty much. But we are blasted with propaganda that the Western model is different and better for some reason.

    Can you believe some Pro-western media actually wrote that the key to defeating COVID-19 is not with vaccine, quarantine and lockdown measures, but with freedom and democracy? Not surprising they are quiet now.

  19. #25719
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,316
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    if this is a literal question then I suppose biden wins his home state after he votes for himself, trump does the same, niether amass 270 votes and therefor the president is elected by the house of representatives
    So President Pelosi?

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  20. #25720
    Inactive Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,040
    Blog Entries
    32
    Fuck 'em both. I'm voting third party. Not one more sexual predator or war criminal gets my vote.

    People think they should vote for Biden because he's "like Obama." Bitch, please! Obama was the lord of the drones.

    I wanted Bernie, but even he was the compromise. He was the bare minimum I was willing to accept. I refuse to move any further right than that. Moving right to appease these mythical moderates is all the Dems have been doing lately, and it has dragged the entire country into a neocon hellhole with a raging incompetent and his legion of bootlickers in power.

    America was a mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Wonder why he's so hell-bent on selling that? I mean, it's basically snake oil at this point, since we don't know if it works or how well.
    He can't admit he's ever been wrong about anything.
    Last edited by Imperial; May 20th, 2020 at 02:02 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

    not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

    but f/go

    and now f/go english

    that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •