View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1314 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3148141214126413041309131213131314131513161319132413641414 ... LastLast
Results 26,261 to 26,280 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries

The beanie is one of the most embarrassing grifters around. Also, he's bald.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Pool Pool's political commentary has been variously described as left-wing and right-wing.

Is this why you want no cops? So people can openly commit crimes and get away with it? Doxxing is a crime. There shouldn't even be a discussion of ethics here.

Translation for people who don't understand newspeak:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; June 21st, 2020 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    You know most rational people do not want the outcome to be "zero cops from now on and forever," but rather to restructure the police from the ground up. But to quote Japanese cartoons, "first comes destruction, to create you must first destroy," etc. The system is provably so corrupt that it is seemingly impossible to positively reform, so the proposed solution is to completely get rid of what we have and replace it with something better. But it's a much easier slogan to shout "abolish/defund the police" than it is to "abolish and structurally reform the police from the ground up."

Personally, I want those PDs that get $500m USD every year to spend arming themselves like a small army to have their funds cut and invest that money in more useful things. Like transit.

Make America choo-choo again.

Blog Entries
    Man, I know. The traffic is unholy these days, and no public transportation plans seem able to cope. Or even get started. Not everyone can work from home.

Ofc, right now there's the plague, but I feel like there's better places to unload some of those fat taxpayer dollars.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, for some people who are just using the line inaccurately, that's fine, but unfortunately, even on this site, I see people who literally want actual anarchy. Those people seem willing-fully ignorant to nuance, such as non-white cops and people who are neither white nor cop, such as George Zimmerman. I, too, want police reform, better training, etc. This is less an issue of defunding and more an issue where how those funds are allocated within the same law enforcement organization (IIRC, there was a tweet showing that among several countries, the US has the lowest amount of training needed to be a cop, which I do feel is a problem). However, if one riots in the streets and destroy third party establishments with absolute ultimatums, one has no right to complain when those third parties retaliate. Heck, maybe, one should feel happy that this particular hammer of justice didn't come from a cop. Also, the doxxing thing is kind of a tangent, and that woman needs to be arrested by whatever law enforcement currently exists or will exist.

As for creation and destruction, that depends on who's saying it. Alduin is necessary for destroying the current kalpa, so that the new one can be born? Well, I'm still putting the thing down, anyway: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrimragonslayer Killing it via tricking it into overeating is fine, too: https://www.imperial-library.info/co...ng-birth-dagon But yes, if you were to post a counterexample that I agreed with right now, then I would indeed be stymied.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; June 21st, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Man, I know. The traffic is unholy these days, and no public transportation plans seem able to cope. Or even get started. Not everyone can work from home.

Ofc, right now there's the plague, but I feel like there's better places to unload some of those fat taxpayer dollars.
    Unfortunately, one cannot see how much money one needs to pump into research to get a COVID cure, to say nothing of the CCP evolving the thing or "discovering" a cure first to blackmail the world. And no, it wasn't bats. People have been handling Chinese bats safely for years now. You think that change came naturally?

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Hm. Haven't exactly been following the details of all the... stuff.. that's been in here - but why do you think the jump from animals to humans was unnatural?

Some people don't seem to think that Covid-19 is engineered or bred at least.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's because people have been handling bats for years. How did these bats suddenly become dangerous? Unlike the Siberian plague corpses, these weren't buried under snow that's melting because of global warming or anything.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus#Genetic_mutation

that's how, now shut up about things you clearly know nothing about
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Do you feel the same about previous outbreaks like SARS or MERS?

When scientists think about these things it's probabilities. Just perhaps the dice fell poorly for this one to spread to widely.

- - - Updated - - -

heh, I wouldn't have put it that way aster - but the Virologist I linked does include sources like zoonotics studies and other articles on animal to human infections.

This route is believed to be the source of a majority of human viral infections.

Blog Entries
    It's not that the bats are believed to be particularly dangerous. Or that Coronaviruses are particularly new. It's that one of these viruses happened to mutate, essentially evolving, into something that could infect humans as well as the bats. This isn't all that unusual in the grand scheme of things. It happened both with SARS and MERS in two different parts of the world recently. It's just that they weren't as contagious despite also being Coronaviruses.

There's a rather large number of diseases that go through this process, especially viruses, which are prone to horizontal evolution from encountering other, similar viruses.

SNIPED.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    As for mutations, I believe many strains of this current Covid-19 alone are being characterised

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's not that the bats are believed to be particularly dangerous. Or that Coronaviruses are particularly new. It's that one of these viruses happened to mutate, essentially evolving, into something that could infect humans as well as the bats. This isn't all that unusual in the grand scheme of things. It happened both with SARS and MERS in two different parts of the world recently. It's just that they weren't as contagious despite also being Coronaviruses.
    Apart from being contagious, SARS had more obvious and faster acting signs and symptoms, so the infected were found before infecting others.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, no kidding. And it was far deadlier besides. The current one isn't all that deadly, though still about 8 times the mortality rate of the flu. It's just damn good at spreading. If this was engineered as a bioweapon, the CCP did a shitty job all around; it got loose in one of their most important economic centers, one that directly interacts with virtually the entirety of their economy, they didn't have a treatment ready for their own people, they couldn't contain it, and refused to own up to it. However, as a weapon, it's not deadly enough and poses too much of a risk to boots on the ground.

Not to mention they're now eating round 2 of this bad boy.

Odds are pretty good China didn't make this. Nor anyone else, for that matter, since no one seemed ready for it and it's wrecking the whole global economy.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    It's because people have been handling bats for years. How did these bats suddenly become dangerous? Unlike the Siberian plague corpses, these weren't buried under snow that's melting because of global warming or anything.
    https://twitter.com/jenmgshe/status/...612208641?s=19 a tweet from just a year ago by a PhD student. They didn't "suddenly" become dangerous, the potential had always been there for the disease to spread.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's not that the bats are believed to be particularly dangerous.
    They kinda are.

Bats have the strongest immune systems among all mammals, as a result they carry equally strong viruses that wreak havoc when they spread to other species.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-they-get-sick
    don't quote me on this

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also just because everyone has been careful so far, doesn't preclude some person trying to get things one faster/better than others to forgo safety and get himself infected. People can be really careless, especially if they're experienced and think there's no risk to themselves if the slack off a bit.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, no kidding. And it was far deadlier besides. The current one isn't all that deadly, though still about 8 times the mortality rate of the flu. It's just damn good at spreading. If this was engineered as a bioweapon, the CCP did a shitty job all around; it got loose in one of their most important economic centers, one that directly interacts with virtually the entirety of their economy, they didn't have a treatment ready for their own people, they couldn't contain it, and refused to own up to it. However, as a weapon, it's not deadly enough and poses too much of a risk to boots on the ground.

Not to mention they're now eating round 2 of this bad boy.

Odds are pretty good China didn't make this. Nor anyone else, for that matter, since no one seemed ready for it and it's wrecking the whole global economy.
    I never said that the CCP released it on purpose, but they did have coronavirus in a lab since the days of SARS. In terms of a cure for their own people, they wouldn't have had it yet, if it was released accidentally (also, I don't think you know how little the CCP cares about its own people, apart from their party's inner circle). They did however put in suspiciously little effort to stop it from spreading... Well, I suppose they did do a good job on "quarantining" those reporting on it: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...st-authorities https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/09/asia/...hnk/index.html