View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1082 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 82582982103210721077108010811082108310841087109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 21,621 to 21,640 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...r-probe-244314

mainstream media won't tell you about this
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned

Banned

Banned

There's a lot of stuff coming out

Last edited by 2Bad; October 30th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Banned

Weeeeelp

The manafort thing is pure tax evasion, who cares, the Pap thing is way more potentially damaging, and it is bad - although it just looks like morons who got caught in Russian intelligence honeypots rather than any grand conspiracy.

Banned
    Shut up Strife, honest to god, it's the worst gimmick.

Blog Entries
    That's a perfectly sane post, which gives you no right to tell her to shut up. Get a grip, Rodyle.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    No, it's not, it's her usual "the conservatives/the rich aren't so bad" bit, which here includes literal lies.

Manafort's LAUNDRY LIST of charges, while mostly financial yes, specifically includes a big, fat, juicy "Conspiracy against the United States" and Pap's plea blatantly demonstrates that there's no honeypot here: the Russians both made absolutely clear what the deal on the table was AND actually told them how to leave less of a trail (advice they ignored, because they're idiots).
    Last edited by 2Bad; October 31st, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    "Conspiracy against the United States" is a simple charge of conspiracy, saving that it involves the federal government or its agency. Namely, here, he has conspired to impede the Revenue Service by concealing taxable income, and the Department of Justice by failing to disclose the extent to which he was acting on behalf of the former Ukrainian government. The language is emotive, but the charge itself is far from "juicy" as you would have it. It's nothing more than a restatement of the rest of the charges, but alleging that he involved other people. It has nothing to do with treason or anything else of the sort.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Banned
    You're right, it's SEDITION, not treason.

Blog Entries
    Have you considered reading your own posts, and thinking about the ways in which yelling nonsensical melodrama in capslock doesn't make you come off as reasonable?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Have you considered that thinly veiled centrist faux-politeness doesn't actually change the fact you're blatantly wrong about this?

E: the man was and is part of a movement to collude with foreign actors and bring down the United States government, it's as close to blatant sedition as one can get without screaming for armed revolt from a podium (which, hey, Republicans do plenty of that too so)
    Last edited by 2Bad; October 31st, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shouting and insulting people isn't how to conduct a debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
    The statute on seditious conspiracy. I note that all clauses have a "by force" qualification, which Manafort clearly fails. It's not sedition. You're being absurd. Calm down.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    The statute on seditious conspiracy. I note that all clauses have a "by force" qualification, which Manafort clearly fails.
    Yes I said this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    E: the man was and is part of a movement to collude with foreign actors and bring down the United States government, it's as close to blatant sedition as one can get without screaming for armed revolt from a podium (which, hey, Republicans do plenty of that too so)
    That he falls short of the strict legal definition neither changes the spirit of his crimes nor does it make him any less screwed.

E: nor does it change the meaning of the word outside that strict legal context
    Last edited by 2Bad; October 31st, 2017 at 08:37 AM.

Blog Entries
    Let's talk about massive tax cuts for business and the middle class.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Paul Ryan will happily talk about one of those things, especially if it helps distract from all the aiding and abetting.

Blog Entries
    It is worth noting that theatrical descriptions of the charges aside, Manafort is proper fucked without either a pardon or a plea deal. As in never see the light of day again without cutting an arrangement with someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    So far as most analysts have weighed in, it looks like he's already been passed over for a plea deal due to a combination of his crimes being too big for that and just generally not being needed. Certainly his counsel (and by the way he apparently had a hard time getting one because he owed millions to other firms) isn't acting like there's an out.