View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1463 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 463963136314131453145814611462146314641465 ... LastLast
Results 29,241 to 29,260 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    [...] the Neoliberal model that the US forced into the rest of the world and started actively applying on itself around the time of Bush Jr's presidency [...]
    Much earlier than that, I'd say - at least since Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    So basically, in less purple prose, Communism is just saying "fuck it, no system because they all suck."

Paraphrased correctly?
    Well, it's not a bad paraphrase of Bakunin's arguments, specifically, but that doesn't really encapsulate Marx and Engels.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. That's an interesting analogy. That implies it will occur regardless of actions on the part of its proponents.
    *That*, on the other hand, is a fairer paraphrase of Marx and Engels - though I've been told by a professor their writings were far less passive than that implies.

Blog Entries
    Ok I have no idea if it’s true or not but word on the grapevine is that Mitch the turtle is in fact pissed at trump because he views him as responsible for costing Mitch his gavel. Reportedly his considering whipping for the article of impeachment to purge trump from power.

again, no idea if it’s true but it would be almost Greek in its irony if after years of randomly back stabbing his underlings trump himself has his political career killed by sudden back stab
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    who decides what is extremism, who designates which one is left and right, who ensures that none cross their designated boundaries
    Certainly not you, so who are you to judge either? In the end, it's not like any of us is going to make a difference in the real world with what we believe anyway, so don't sweat, what any of us thinks isn't going to be an obstacle for your own ideological views to expand or not.

Regardless, this ain't The Sociopolitical Schematics Defense Thread, this is the General News Thread. Go create a new one for that if your boner for that kind of debate and validation is that big, but this really isn't the place to cultivate that kind of tangent past a point.

Blog Entries
    @Toby: Indeed. Honestly, this whole presidency screams good play material.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Technically I read the CNN article but functionally yeah, that
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    El presidente had some short remarks today wherein among other things he talked about how big tech shouldn’t have banned him and it’s a very terrible thing.

pity there isn’t some other, more direct method by which he could disseminate his thoughts and feelings to the general public

*sniggers*
    Indeed. I still think to this day, he may think of himself as a king, but he has no real clue as to his own influence with this office.
    Literally anyone in the mainstream media would have him on. Or, he could just reach out to whatever online presence he wants, left or right people would be dying to have him on to either fellate or roast.
    Well, he could also be embarrassed outside of clearly conservative media, because he makes an ass out of himself with several clippable bits every time he opens his mouth on air. But he would have to be at least slightly self-reflective to notice that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, at least, he's not putting anyone into reeducation camps:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Certainly not you, so who are you to judge either? In the end, it's not like any of us is going to make a difference in the real world with what we believe anyway, so don't sweat, what any of us thinks isn't going to be an obstacle for your own ideological views to expand or not.

Regardless, this ain't The Sociopolitical Schematics Defense Thread, this is the General News Thread. Go create a new one for that if your boner for that kind of debate and validation is that big, but this really isn't the place to cultivate that kind of tangent past a point.
    Nonsense. This is the Maoist indoctrination and TESV lore thread.

- - - Updated - - -

as for news, seems like China is nationalizing their equivalent of Amazon. Cool.

https://www.freepressjournal.in/busi...-group-reports

Blog Entries
    Ngl, I chuckled at the first part.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    While it is possible to break away from extreme collectivism since it is not in human's nature, it is hard to remedy the negative portion of extreme individualism. Seeing how people act and are still acting in the COVID-19 really shows. In a way, it is amazing how even talking about social responsibility will be rebutted by violating one's freedom, in this current crisis.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, at least, he's not putting anyone into reeducation camps
    Yeah he is, all along the southern boarder. The doctrine he's pushing, "don't be poor and brown".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Yeah he is, all along the southern boarder. The doctrine he's pushing, "don't be poor and brown".
    In some people's book, it's okay since it is not done by China.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Are you referring to people trying to illegally cross the border?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm referring to people trying to flee murderous drug cartels. But I guess the cartels are the culmination of the capitalist dream, so they're perfectly acceptable? Or is fleeing murderous regimes only OK as long as they're communists?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I'm referring to people trying to flee murderous drug cartels. But I guess the cartels are the culmination of the capitalist dream, so they're perfectly acceptable? Or is fleeing murderous regimes only OK as long as they're communists?
    It's natural reflex. People tend to turn a blind eye to what they don't want to see or believe. Some won't admit they are racists despite their actions or speech. The speech one is worst, since they act like they can spew shit and not be held responsible. Guess hate speech means nothing to them.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I mean you speak as if an AWS-to-on-premise migration were a straightforward affair - it isn't unless you've planned for it since the very beginning.

also, to start with, most startups today don't own the kind of infrastructure to host their own services either (and many larger enterprises no longer do; public cloud is one hell of a drug)
    Gab did it. With far worse footing than Parler, if I may add.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Again, those types of people conflate ethnicity and nationality, race and religion, on purpose so that they can hide behind accusations of racism or bigotry whenever they are criticized. As I also mentioned, while I was bullied by a rather diverse set back in high school, at least the white guys didn't hide behind their skin whenever I threatened to report them to the teachers.
    They could argue xenophobia, but not racism.

Oh, don't worry. The white guys said dumb shit, too, but it was a different set of dumb shit, like "I own this school" (I'll assume that he was not the son of the principal or the superintendent). However, that one Hispanic bully tried to appeal to some notion of non-white kinship when he realized that I win my fights by reporting them to the teacher (who was white).
    Well, I literally heard a white Bolivian dude complain of racism in Spain, even though he was whiter than most Andalucians and lived among them.

So a couple of promising Communist communities, the first a successful State in India on the wealthier side of the country's economy. Not fully Commie, but both of it's major parties are Leftist.

The second is essentially a town in Spain whose government is Communist and has had the same mayor since 1979 (according to Wikipedia). A mostly agricultural community, it has basically attained Full Employment and needs less federal money to operate than its other agricultural neighbors.

These are interesting. Worth further looking. Thankies~
    Marinaleda has a caveat though: it was established in accordance to communal ideals of communism. It seems almost ironic that people forgot the etymology behind the ideology.

Kerala just applied the Chilean plan attempted by Allende by adopting technology as an stopgap mechanism for overcoming the inefficiencies of centralized planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    why have a failed state bro, just engage in real communism xddd

Reminder, for Nth time. “Communism is for us not a state of affairs which is to be established, an ideal to which reality have to adjust itself. We call communism the real movement which abolishes the present state of things. The conditions of this movement result from the premises now in existence.”
    Communism involves the common ownership of the means of production. It means that every company or enterprise is owned by everyone in it. It hardly means the state does. Lenin used the surrogacy of the state as a mechanism to centralize the economy because it was convenient and even then standardized command was not attempted before Stalin emerged as his successor (which would have been interrupted by Trotsky revealing Lenin had denounced Stalin in a letter).

So basically, in less purple prose, Communism is just saying "fuck it, no system because they all suck."

Paraphrased correctly?
    Communism means the management has to do menial work as well and even the janitor has to do paperwork for where he works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    El presidente had some short remarks today wherein among other things he talked about how big tech shouldn’t have banned him and it’s a very terrible thing.

pity there isn’t some other, more direct method by which he could disseminate his thoughts and feelings to the general public

*sniggers*
    About that...

https://elpais.com/opinion/2021-01-1...las-redes.html

Is what they have done perfectly legal?

Once the first argument has been overcome, the second one arises: what they do is legal, they say. But those who say this do not usually know the legal regime of responsibility of social networks regarding the contents of their users, neither in the United States, nor in Europe, nor in Spain. But it is true that they have heard of the governments around the world urging them to delete some of their content for years.

What they are not pointing out is that both the Communications Decency Act of 1996, in the US, and the Electronic Commerce Directive of 2000, in the European Union, and the Information Society Services Act of 2002 in Spain, only allow - and force - the deletion of clearly illegal content. (Although in the US they have wider understanding of what "objectionable content" involves).
    And this guy was part of the group that drafted Internet law in Spain, for the record... so far from a dubious source.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; January 13th, 2021 at 06:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    but if you vote on everything, you will get nothing done

trust me, it has been tried