View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

7 7.95%
  • 2 years

11 12.50%
  • 3 years

3 3.41%
  • 4 years

2 2.27%
  • Unimpeached after one term

21 23.86%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.91%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 34.09%
Page 1426 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 4269261326137614161421142414251426
Results 28,501 to 28,510 of 28510

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Not quite sure what this means.
    Democracy and Authoritarianism are not inherently right or wrong. The term dictablanda was created for a reason. A dictator was the best leader we had so far despite being dead for over 40 years.

What's inherently wrong is forbidding stuff, not achieving things through the use of force. If Bernie Sanders was a dictator with unlimited powers and we assumed he wouldn't go power hungry like Fidel Castro did, it would be far better than a democratically elected centrist who doesn't believe healthcare is a human right.

The idea of democracy is to keep a sword of Damocles around those who govern. Minding our needs is their job. The federal government in the US should be ruled by experts and not someone who has been sitting in a bench yapping around 4 decades.

This also means democracy in China wouldn't fix the source of the issues: confucian hierarchical views on how society should be run and the East Asian affair with collectivism.
    Ultima prophetiae, veni finis tempus;
    magnus ab integro saeclorum quod mortum. Finis magnus ordo.
    Iam redit Virgo Phaenomi regibus redeunt,
    nova progenies ad caelo surgit.
    Vestra puerorum, qui movere tempus ipsum, et rotam ferrea primum.
    Ac vestra lucis, omnes surgit futurum aureus, novo mundo nascens.

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, for better or worse, China and Korea have the habit of praising their conquerors, whilst vilifying their attempted conquerors. When engaging such countries, shamelessly plow ahead because should you reach the "goal", they'll thank you for it. Sprinkle in some Droit du seigneur (Mongolian style, rather than Mesopotamian style, obviously) for good measure. "Should you" being the operative words. Again, if you fail, they'll definitely hate you for it. Like I would literally find it hilarious if China convinced the US to stop interfering in any Asian business, and then Japan decides to invade almost instantly. The last pockets of Chinese resistance during WWII would have fallen had Japan not surrendered, due to the nukes.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's not so much my opinion getting filtered as much as you describing it as epic making me think something interesting happened somewhere in the 4:30 hour stream I found. All I could see in the succinct summaries was that there was a binder of possible violations, a handful of witnesses, and the Dems sniping at the committee chair (and Guilanni as well) because he wouldn't dismiss everything out of hand. And another hearing tomorrow for either more witnesses or another separate lawsuit?

Other than the length, I can't really see what makes that 'epic' so what was so stand out? Especially against the multiple other similar lawsuits that have been going on for the last few weeks?
    It's different because it's not a lawsuit. So there is no judge that can go 'case closed, yes I definitely looked through the ten dossiers of evidence and I can tell this is a huge nothingburger yawn anybody else sleepy?'. These people have to listen to this by law even if they don't like hearing things they don't like hearing.

A pretty spicy point would be that time where one of the representatives goes:
    - Wait, this lady was already a witness in a dismissed case. Why should we take this seriously if a judge already had her overturned?
    the answer to which would be
    - Because she didn't testify. The judge didn't talk to her. There was no hearing. Ask the judge, they denied talking to her.

Seems there will be one per contested state, anyway.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I see.

Though isn't the final elector vote on the 15th? And there's what, six more contested states? That's a lot of running around assuming Rudy is going to be at each one.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How quickly you turn on each other. It's like those cannibals from Robinson Crusoe. So how about, instead of senseless caricatures, we have rational conversation, like this:

This is something that even I agree with.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; Yesterday at 10:01 PM.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I have been saying it was a dumb ass slogan before we had an election in which multiple enemies of said slogan successfully weaponized it and proved me right.

don’t shoot the messenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    But a good slogan is necessary to brainwash people. So 'Yes we can' and 'Make America Great Again' are good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Hey, I have nothing against the power of something short and catchy. A good slogan has real power. But a bad slogan also has real power and defund the police is without a doubt the biggest unforced messaging error I have quite literally ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Hey, I have nothing against the power of something short and catchy. A good slogan has real power. But a bad slogan also has real power and defund the police is without a doubt the biggest unforced messaging error I have quite literally ever heard.
    I guess they are out of creative juices when trying to think of something catchy for that campaign.