View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1457 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 45795713571407144714521455145614571458145914621467 ... LastLast
Results 29,121 to 29,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    1- how often do you need to do a certain activity to make sure you remain immortal and what are the consequences of the method that you chose?

2- you will probably lose your humanity, if nothing else, due to apathy. how will you feel later when looking yourself in the mirror?

3- once you lose the urgency of doing something with your life because you have a finite lifespan, you are likely to fall into 4 behaviours. A- become super lazy and do nothing with your life, B- resort to continuous self-indulgence and not do anything meaningful besides pleasuring yourself within your own territory, C- go on destructive rampage until you die and D- go on a constructive neurotic and obsessive compulsive spree.
    1. Need for food is need for food. It's just a matter of changing your diet. Made even easier if you can afford blood packs. If not, how willing you are to suck off the homeless and the sewer rats.
    2. You can keep your humanity up by not killing innocents when feeding and only killing enemies in combat.
    3. To be fair, the immortal NEET trope is pretty hilarious. Life as a meme, itself, has its ups and downs.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Immortality is one of those tropes where I think it's pointless giving them much thought because, really, no one's actually going to live forever, so not only nobody will ever know how it actually feels like, but it has no direct parallel, reflection, or usefulness to consider in comparison to the real world.

As a theme I think it mostly rings hollow because it has no real life analogue. It's good window dressing for secondary characters, or to use in a short story, but I find it pointless to dwell on it and its implications for too long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I don’t usually use forums or Reddit, I usually just post comments on Ancap blogs like Molyneux or Cantwell’s blog, but they didn’t seem appropriate places to post my story. So here goes, I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Nov 3 I flew to Europe for a Eurotrip type tour. Not a guide or packaged deal, just going around by myself. I paid for half of the trip with the wages I earned over the last two years, my dad paid for the other half. I am 19, I guess that is normal starting college and all. (Before that I worked for my dad’s company part time, so I guess you could say he paid for all of it, lol).

I did France and then Italy and then Greece next. I am an Ancap so I wanted to see anarchists in these places. Yes, I know they are different kinds of “anarchists” and not really full anarchists like us. I went to an anarchist book store in Italy and it had a lot of English books, but no Rothbard or Ancap. Like I said, I expected that, not a surprise.

I went to Greece, which everyone knows is famous for its revolutionary anarchism, its economic crisis and everything going on right now. Here I found directions for a local anarchist center. I went and didn’t see anybody, but it was covered in graffiti, mostly in Greek so I couldn’t read it. Whatever, I started taking pictures. Then some people came out and confronted me.

This should have been my first warning sign something was not right, because photography is not a crime. They were not violent, but they were not friendly, like asking who I was, what I wanted. They all spoke good English actually. Not uncommon in Greece. I said I was a tourist and an anarchist and I just wanted to take pictures. Then they got friendly and told me I should have asked first (but pictures are no NAP violation so I don’t know why, but I didn’t say anything) and they invited me inside.

We hung out for a while and smoked hash (there is no good dank in Europe as you might find out like in Cali, everyone smokes hash with tobacco which isn’t as cool as it sounds). We started talking about politics and anarchism. I was trying to talk about the state, they were like yeah no doubt the state was bad. But they wanted to talk about capitalism, capitalism this and that. This is when we started to get into a debate.

I told them that what they called capitalism is different from the free market. They said capitalism is free markets. And I said I agreed. That is what I am saying. Real capitalism is free markets. And they said yes, that is what we are trying to get rid of. And I said no, but we don’t even have that right now. We need more free markets. And everyone at the same time was like “nooo” we are anarchists, we are against capitalism. Anarchists oppose capitalism.

And I said but not anarcho-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalists are the anarchists who support capitalism. I had a fanny pack (yeah, lame I know) for my camera and in that I had this yellow and black bowtie (also super lame, it was a joke but I wasnt wearing it). And I said look, these are the Ancap colors, yellow and black, like versus the communist red and black. Well, these guys had a lot of red and black in the building already so I thought they would get it.

I think that is when it started to get a really bad vibe, really tense in the air. The free market thing was funny, we disagreed but I think they thought I was just confused. Everyone was uncomfortable now. Then someone said markets wont work with democracy. And I said exactly, that’s it, democracy is against anarchism. And they kind of agreed, and said yes, we don’t have real democracy, just governments, and we needed more democracy. I said no, we need less democracy, democracy is the enemy. And we need to end democracy to have anarchy. Then they were all like “noooo” again. You know that thing people do in groups when everyone all says “nooo” or expresses some disapproval at the same time.

And one of them said “but we do want to stop democracy” and then they kind of spoke back and forth in Greek. I didn’t really understand it. And they asked me what I meant.

So I said okay, I had the floor, I was going to tell them about ancapism. And I tried to explain to them some Rothbard and Hoppe. I said the natural order in anarchy is that the best rise to the top, the market picks who is the best. They compete and are peaceful. They said what do we want instead of anarchy. I said we want private owners to own their own land and businesses, and to employ people. They said that is what we have now. I said no, it would be even better. One of the guys said it was like feudalism. And I said it is not feudalism.

Eventually one of the guys spoke up and I thought he was Greek, but he spoke English perfectly so he may have not been. He said he knew what anarcho-capitalism was and that we were basically fascists. He asked me if I thought everything should be private. And I said yes. And he asked me if I thought people were unequal. And I told him yes. And that not everyone would have equal rights. I said everyone has the right to own property and not be done aggression against. But that not everyone had to be treated equally by the owners. He said what about immigrants and racism. And I said that would not happen in a free market, but yes property owners could be racist if they wanted to. They had to respect property.

Then he called me a fascist again, and someone else said I was a fascist. And then they basically all started shouting fascist at me, and one of them grabbed me by the wrists. They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling “you’re breaking the NAP” and things like that. “Stop initiating force against me.” Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

I think they felt bad for me and gave the camera back, but when I looked later they stole the memory card with all of my Greek photos.

So they initiated force and theft. They broke the NAP. I knew the left anarchists were not real anarchists, but I never knew they would do something that bad.

I wasnt seriously hurt, just kicked around a little, lots of bruises and little cuts. I am fine guys so don’t worry. Just needed to share.
    I am honestly curious about the sort of reactions Ancaps have to this sort of fic.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    if there's anyone's going to become an immortal vampire or whatever chuuni shit you have in mind, they definitely aren't going some filipino maoist guerilla vanguard or a california blm dsa antifa activist or some catalonian cnt leftover, or whatever leftist you can imagine -- with the exception of maybe some marxist-taoist CCP interims. it's definitely more likely to be the multimillionaire pedophile sex cultist holing up in their private islands somewhere in the pacific.

Gen news, here we discuss demons and vampires

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Gen news, here we discuss demons and vampires
    But of course. This is a Type-Moon forum.
    We live.
    In a society.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    if there's anyone's going to become an immortal vampire or whatever chuuni shit you have in mind, they definitely aren't going some filipino maoist guerilla vanguard or a california blm dsa antifa activist or some catalonian cnt leftover, or whatever leftist you can imagine -- with the exception of maybe some marxist-taoist CCP interims. it's definitely more likely to be the multimillionaire pedophile sex cultist holing up in their private islands somewhere in the pacific.
    Where does cab driver fall into?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

a ton of people on twitter and youtube posting articles about similar and even more aggressive events done by leftwing individuals and people of color have already answered your question.

"imagine if they were black" is a transparentely false partisan narrative.

and BTW, the cops opened everything and welcomed them in, from the outside barricades to all the other doors on the inside and the outside. they were being treated almost like a group of tourists
    No it isn't transparently partisan, because it is provable. I would answer that by also answering a question you had earlier about what I hold sacred, that varies on context. Insulting my mother may or may not get me angry based on the context of whether its true or not. It also depends on what you said about the country, if you insulted God, I would ask the context of all these things.
    The problem with some conservatives is that people look at them often as nuts primarily because they don't seem to have those barometers. They can't think about the why and how you would insult the country, or criticize religion, or distrust the police because critical thinking and empathy for those not immediately on your side is a lacking feature amongst them. Cops are good and just, Christians are loyal and forthright, and on the other side, minorities are lazy and/or entitled barring exceptions of people they personally like who holds their same beliefs. Too many times to count have I heard the response "you're an exception" and I always say, no I'm not, I see a multitude of people like me (and having moved a lot from urban to suburban areas in early childhood, my opinion stayed the same).

So yes, they would most certainly be treated differently had a left leaning group been the one to start a forced March on the Capitol especially given the many examples we had during the summer.
    For this its also being shown that some officers may have been in on it. Its a murky thing, but these protestors put less thought into this than left leaning groups do for theirs by far. You only need to see things like a reporter from the AP being labeled as Antifa and thrown about or the interviews of people admitting they had no idea of what the hell they were doing and just going with the flow like a bunch of kids at summer camp to arch an eyebrow at this entire debacle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Where does cab driver fall into?
    amazon employee of the year

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    TEXT
    Those high Greeks raise a good point, how isn't that just feudalism? Only replacing Walmart with your local Lord?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Those high Greeks raise a good point, how isn't that just feudalism? Only replacing Walmart with your local Lord?
    Unless I missed something, that was Ratman giving an example of a trolling shitpost fic he's posted before in Ancap chats to parody said Ancaps, who will unironically agree with and simp for the MC, thus proving their collective derp.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I got that much, I was just wondering what the average response to the "isn't that just feudalism" line was. Because in the last three hours since I learned Ancap is an actual thing, it really just sounds like Feudalism got a name change and PR blitz. So is there any actual difference?

Blog Entries
    Not that I've seen outside of the existence of an official title system. It's also a system that ignores a critical problem with its views of how the State has to operate in order to protect its private industry.

This is of course ignoring that Capitalism inherently requires a State to serve as an authority, an arbiter of disputes and guarantor for the standardized value of wealth and property, while Anarchy is literally based on the dissolution of all such authority.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    And this is why immortality is actually the worst thing that could happen to humanity.

If immortality is ever found (it won't be, but regardless), you won't ever get to be immortal, nobody you know and care about will be made immortal.

That secret's going to stay with the same elites (not to get all conspiranoid here and I've just said we won't ever discover immortality because come on, but we all know there are elites, in the sense that there is a 1% of people owning 99% of our resources and such globally) who will just make themselves immortal so they absolutely never leave that power and absolutely never have to pay for the consequences of their actions and will enforce their favored status quo until the end of mankind itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    it really just sounds like Feudalism got a name change and PR blitz. So is there any actual difference?
    Pretty much every harmful doctrine and social model from every sociopolitical spectrum has received a convenient name change and PR blitz of late to better fit the 'public image is everything' era of global instant (mis)information. Often while touching each other in common points no matter how opposite they may seem, while we aren't looking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    And this is why immortality is actually the worst thing that could happen to humanity.

If immortality is ever found (it won't be, but regardless), you won't ever get to be immortal, nobody you know and care about will be made immortal.

That secret's going to stay with the same elites (not to get all conspiranoid here and I've just said we won't ever discover immortality because come on, but we all know there are elites, in the sense that there is a 1% of people owning 99% of our resources and such globally) who will just make themselves immortal so they absolutely never leave that power and absolutely never have to pay for the consequences of their actions and will enforce their favored status quo until the end of mankind itself.
    Or they get bored. One of my fic/RP settings literally had this happen. The "gods" of that world were essentially just technocrats who'd figured out how to access an alternate reality with fundamentally different natural laws, and subsequently exploit it. They used what they got to turn the world into their playground until they eventually grew bored of it and frustrated with each other, finally leaving the crapsack cradle of humanity for new planets and galaxies to build their own personal realms in.

Man, looks like Trump's whole brand might be shot from this. There goes the PGA tournament.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; January 10th, 2021 at 05:55 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I guess that's one way to treat the Euro privacy bill. Then again anyone who actually care about their data being secure either left Facebook years ago after the last big leak, or gave them false info from the start.

wow there

Blog Entries
    So that app conservatives had been flocking to, Parler? Apparently it’s administrators posted an online video showing something or other, and inadvertently showed how to access the site using an administrator account. Hackers then used that to login in and scrape the entire server. Which is extra amusing because apparently even deleted posts aren’t actually removed from the server. The FBI has been provided the data

EDIT: actually another source says the data wasn’t acquired with admin accounts, they literally just downloaded the site contents in entirety through an API. Either way
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    That app was also banned from the Apple and Google shops, so you can't even really get it anymore. There wasn't really an anti-Conservative bias on Social Media before, just company policies against disinformation, hate speech, and incitement to violence. However, it looks like there is because of how much of Conservative content is made up of that.

Now though, seems like there will be going forward. None of these companies are bound by freedom of speech laws that apply to government agencies, but all are subject to lawsuits that might stem from potential Capitol-esque events and other violent incidents.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning