View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1402 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 402902130213521392139714001401140214031404140714121452 ... LastLast
Results 28,021 to 28,040 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    If I wasn’t so lazy I would go start a Twitter account just so I could head over to el presidente’s page and shoot off penultimo’s game over election loss speech to him.

/but the feeling is there
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If I wasn’t so lazy I would go start a Twitter account just so I could head over to el presidente’s page and shoot off penultimo’s game over election loss speech to him.

/but the feeling is there
    Be satisfied with a "Yo Joe," instead?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    If Biden wins on the mail ballot, I'm sure His Orange-ness will resort to every possible trick to delay/avoid surrendering the Presidency

Is there any entity who can just legally tell him, "go home, you're drunk and not president anymore"? And if there's such an entity, how tight is the GOP's grip on it?
    The military says they will oust him, but he wants to do is work along the weakness of this country, legal technicalities and operating on good faith.
    So probably will want to tie things up until someone finds him a loophole. I'm sure Kavanaugh, Thomas and Barett will trying their best, that is why they are there after all.

Blog Entries
    The only scenario I can think of where GOP will throw tantrum with Trump is when they lose both the majority in Senate and House of Representatives.

I mean, several of these states will be going to a recount so we won't have a certified winner even after all the votes are tabulated. In this interim period I suspect Trump will mount a legal challenge in the hopes that his 6-3 court can declare him the victor. It all seems unlikely but I believe he will go for it and I highly doubt that he concedes.

Overall, though, even when accounting for the likely Biden win it was a pretty good night for Republicans. They gained seats in the House and defended their Senate majority. So so long court packing dreams. But now they have all the tools in place to hamstring a Biden admin politically and to force austerity on the people. This makes it exceedingly likely that Biden, a politician who is already going to go in with very low political capital, will be quite ineffectual and therefore he runs the high risk of getting absolutely creamed in the 2022 midterms.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The only scenario I can think of where GOP will throw tantrum with Trump is when they lose both the majority in Senate and House of Representatives.
    i mean, i imagine most of the GOP would probably be delighted to get rid of Trump
    don't quote me on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    i mean, i imagine most of the GOP would probably be delighted to get rid of Trump
    Why? Haven't they closed ranks with him every time?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Only out of cowardice and opportunism. The party apparatus that is. They will love to go back to their normal routine.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So pretty much the same, except they'll go back to not saying the quiet part out loud anymore?

Blog Entries
    They'll probably go back to globalism and quietly pro-immigration policies.

That said, be prepared for ratfucks.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Pro-immigration? The Republican party was plenty nativist/xenophobic before Trump. Republican donors like cheap foreign labor but the electorate sure doesn't and it's a near death sentence to have pro-immigration stances in Republican primaries.

Blog Entries
    Hence the "quietly" part. The base hates immigrants, but the leadership loves the cheap labor. They just don't like the current trend of women, children, and families. They want those male workers to push down wages and raise profit margins.

There goes Wisconsin... also the rest of Maine.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; November 4th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, so long as there remains bipartisan support against the virus known as the CCP (also, the actual virus it released):

Blog Entries
    That actually seems to be the case.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Basically boils down to whether or not Biden wins NV and MI now whereas Trump has to take either NV or MI in addition to PA, NC, and GA (granted, he's pretty likely for those last 3).

This all said, pretty safe to say that anyone that screechs "electability" as a reason to vote for an unappealing person in the future can fuck right off now, especially if they're going out of their way to shame people about "but the primary chose the unappealing guy" while constantly ignoring all evidence that showed why the unappealing person was unappealing getting a complete 180 at the last minute while also shitting all over anyone actually appealing the entire primary. But hey, I guess black boomers in a state that wasn't going to turn out for Dems in the future is the perfect voting block to base future presidential candidates.

Biden/Harris so completely unappealing that, even if they win the presidency, they've done fuck all down ballot in a year that should have been a fucking give me with Republicans time and time again being perfectly fine letting people die than do anything: gain 1 seat in Senate that accomplishes largely nothing while losing 5 seats in the House. Oh, and losing black support nationwide is also a fucking riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    CNN just called Michigan for Biden. It’s all over but the tweeting baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

But hey, at least they probably got Trump out of office. Can't wait for 4 years of "BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE VOTES SO WE MUST DO WHAT THE REPUBLICANS DEMAND" so that fuck all meaningful passes.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 4th, 2020 at 07:55 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

It's going to be awful. He may get re-elected in 2024 completely riding on the built-in advantages incumbency provides but he is probably going to get demolished in 2022 midterms. He won't even be able to repeal the Trump tax cuts. An utter disaster.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

But hey, at least they probably got Trump out of office. Can't wait for 4 years of "BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE VOTES SO WE MUST DO WHAT THE REPUBLICANS DEMAND" so that fuck all meaningful passes.
    Your tweet's busted.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Your tweet's busted.
    Thanks, was missing a number.