View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    8 8.89%
  • 2 years

    11 12.22%
  • 3 years

    3 3.33%
  • 4 years

    2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    22 24.44%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    30 33.33%
Page 1410 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 410910131013601400140514081409141014111412141514201460 ... LastLast
Results 28,181 to 28,200 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #28181
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    i shouldn't pick on you because you didn't start this misinformation even in this thread but this is pretty hilarious how people are incapable of reading links. lol

    cnn won't break out this exact question for you but the nyt will



    even if that figure is correct we would have to interrogate registration switching but it's literally wrong, the question isn't about registration
    What exactly is wrong here? Of the 35% of respondents that are registered Republican (aka conservatives), 93% of them voted for Trump and consider themselves Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  2. #28182
    Lost in Paradise RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Jujutsu Tech
    Age
    52
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,207
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Organizations imply leadership. Name people in charge of the organization known as antifa. Oh, wait, there aren't any names because because antifa is a buzzword that fascists use to demonize anyone that critiques them.
    Obviously it's foolish to paint Antifa as equivalent to far-right hate groups, but even a cursory search would show that there are people in real life who identify themselves using the term. It's not only used by fascists to demonize their opposition as you seem to be implying.

  3. #28183
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,942
    Blog Entries
    5
    Greatest trick the devil ever played.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  4. #28184
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,358
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What exactly is wrong here? Of the 35% of respondents that are registered Republican (aka conservatives), 93% of them voted for Trump and consider themselves Republicans.
    party self id isn't registration, very straightforward
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  5. #28185
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    blah blah blah at least you didn't post that fucking video game Yellow Turban youtube link again but lol if I'm going to watch this one
    And you still didn't answer the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  6. #28186
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,942
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Obviously it's foolish to paint Antifa as equivalent to far-right hate groups
    In terms of methods, no. In terms of motives, you might be right; you might be wrong; I might not care. If I get robbed, the miscreant's motives are irrelevant to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    And you still didn't answer the question.
    You said that the term Antifa was made up by fascists. This video proves you wrong. I post the facts. If you ignore them, I'm not going to market them to you.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  7. #28187
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    party self id isn't registration, very straightforward
    Your point being what exactly? Red represents Trump voter, Blue represents Biden voter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  8. #28188
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,358
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Your point being what exactly?
    that he's wrong lol
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  9. #28189
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    You said that the term Antifa was made up by fascists. This video proves you wrong. I post the facts. If you ignore them, I'm not going to market them to you.
    No, you said that. I said

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Organizations imply leadership. Name people in charge of the organization known as antifa. Oh, wait, there aren't any names because because antifa is a buzzword that fascists use to demonize anyone that critiques them.
    Gee, not one mention from me saying that fascists coined the term, only that they use it as a label against anyone that critiques them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Obviously it's foolish to paint Antifa as equivalent to far-right hate groups, but even a cursory search would show that there are people in real life who identify themselves using the term. It's not only used by fascists to demonize their opposition as you seem to be implying.
    People can identify themselves however they want, but unless you show that an organization exists built around these identified people, then no such organization exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  10. #28190
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Yeah he did say that, on top of the fact he is talking about unity again in his speech even in all this mishmash while even some of his most staunch supporters say that he needs to fight back and worry about unity later.
    Dude needs to see the writing on the wall. You got to be willing to fight, or step back for someone who will, period.
    Uniting with the likes of Rand Paul and Mick Muvalney (the rare dovish GOPniks) is out of the question?

  11. #28191
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,942
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    because antifa is a buzzword that fascists use to demonize anyone that critiques them.
    This gives off the impression that the word has no use besides.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  12. #28192
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    that he's wrong lol
    How's he wrong, that the polls were wrong in attributing 35% of the respondents as registered Republicans, or using the vague term "conservative"?

    Edit: Never mind, the mistake I'm making is assuming that the poll got some evidence that someone is registered to one party or another.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 8th, 2020 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  13. #28193
    Preformance Pertension SeiKeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49,358
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    How's he wrong, that the polls were wrong in attributing 35% of the respondents as registered Republicans, or using the vague term "conservative"?
    I don't know how it's escaping you here that party ID is not registration
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?


  14. #28194
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Ahahahaha... isn't the argument that he was chosen to appeal to moderates in both parties one that inherently implies this was going to happen from the beginning?

    It's just that this happens to be what the Democratic Party's base finds to be most desirable, either tactically or in end performance. After all, he's basically what the majority of the party could agree on as the least controversial.

    Perhaps reflecting this, AOC being AOC after the results are clear.
    I don't like how combative she can be but, bloody hell. If I could become American in time to vote for her in 2024, I would. She's amazing!

  15. #28195
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,429
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    I don't know how it's escaping you here that party ID is not registration
    Because I was conflating the 37%/35%/28% numbers of the pollsters somehow having on hand that X person was registered with Y party, the 94%/6%/54% numbers being self-identified Democrats and how they voted, and the 6%/93%/40% being self-identified Republicans and how they voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  16. #28196
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,031
    Blog Entries
    1
    BTW, can we get rid of the poll now? It really should've gone last year, when he was, y'know, actually impeached.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  17. #28197
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,458
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm going to reread this thread in three months and have a giggle. You are all really cocksure right now, after everything that happened throughout 2020 being completely out of the scope of anybody's imagination.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Though I'll make a little comment. To me as a denizen of a young democratic country, it is interesting to observe how democracy degenerates. From what I can tell, the American elections of today seemingly run contrary to democratic principles, in the way that they are handled. That's not because of the specific mechanics of them being carried out, but rather because of how they are approached publicly (eg. in the media). Rather than being a means for the society to achieve a concensus , they're obviously instead a mechanism through which to divide and conquer the people. That's pretty interesting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just observe how much mental energy you are really dedicating to social issues, if there is even anything there to think about between Biden and Trump having matching policies. Observe how focused you instead are on triggering/owning the libs and making drumpftards cope. This is not normal in a real democratic country. Since the macro-results are going to be the same anyway, and since you basically do have actual democracy at state level, one could argue that the whole of american electional process is a pointless theatre, if not for its usefulness in grounding and directing the energy of the mob to exhaust itself harmlessly.
    Last edited by Ratman; November 9th, 2020 at 08:23 AM.

  18. #28198
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,458
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Basically it means nothing more or less than the government is concerned with security, and USA's continued existence, but does not truly represent the people. If there ever is a time that 95% of America is of an opinion that something should happen that cannot be done on state level, like 'hey let's not go to another stupid war', you can shove that opinion up your hundreds of millions of asses, because it did not come from the above. You're on rails. It was either going to happen in the first place, or it never will. Your agency will instead be focused on us vs. them even if they basically want the same thing as you this time.

    Lots of people wanted the wall out of Trump, or more secure immigration policies. None of it happened, because it simply is not him calling those shots, the 'state' is. Biden proposes getting rid of student debt - you really think he could possibly be the guy calling THAT shot? It was either going to happen with Trump too, because who cares about more national debt at this point printer goes brrrr, or he's full of shit and it's his version of the wall.

    tl;dr you're all larping that your opinions or observations on this election remotely matter

  19. #28199
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,942
    Blog Entries
    5
    Well, yes. As I said, presidents sooner or later realize that they don't have as much power as they or the people think they do.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  20. #28200
    muh vampires Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,458
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm not fence-sitting here, it's just that having an opinion on American elections in particular seems kind of pointless, like having an opinion on the story of porn. The tragedy is that there is such a thing as real democracy. You can say people are stupid and will make the country do stupid things if listened to, but the governing body is already doing incredibly stupid things anyway. The democratic government's job is to interpret people's stupid ideas into a compromise of some sort with their expert understanding, instead they're interpreting ideas of unelected state officials that are outside of their expertise anyway. You can say people are guillable and uneducated but that's because America made it that way, their education system sucks by design.

    Americans used to have democracy at the highest level. Until they figure out why they no longer do, and a miracle happens that somehow changes that, their political opinions automatically become absurd to read, like a blind person criticizing your attire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •