View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1396 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 396896129613461386139113941395139613971398140114061446 ... LastLast
Results 27,901 to 27,920 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    1. Taiwan says hi. Hong Kong says hi. Mongolia says hi. Xinjiang says hi. India technically would say hi, but they're just that good at defending themselves, rather than China not wanting to.
    2. CCP Virus. Are you telling me that China hasn't tried to silence critics outside of the country? https://www.npr.org/2020/04/14/82856...silence-his-wi https://rsf.org/en/news/coronavirus-...china-silenced https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/w...crackdown.html
    3. Whatever Russia is doing, China is doing and more. Russia is doing it the discreet way, while China is being both discreet and direct. https://www.newsweek.com/why-downpla...pinion-1534701 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN25V2NY https://www.cato.org/publications/co...nts-trump-lose
    I will admit that actual Russian interference does have a reverse Boy Who Cried Wolf effect, given that now people are quick to dismiss actual information that would paint Biden in a bad light, as "Russian interference".
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 27th, 2020 at 04:21 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Really? Like China is bad, but at least their not currently trying to annex a neighbouting nation.
    The Tibetans would beg to differ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    There's a reason the Dalai Lama lives in exile in India rather than in Tibet. Also, the fact that the CCP demands the right to choose his next Reincarnation.

Kind of like they get to pick their own Cardinals...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shit I did forget about Tibet.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong here, Russia and China are both shit. See also Iran, who's also been busted messing around with the US elections.

Unfortunately, we're at a point now where this is normal, and is frankly pretty much unpreventable in totality without implementing China-level censorship and media control or completely restructuring how news and journalism operate into something other than a for-profit or donation-driven model and stripping control over elections from the states and instead centralizing it under federal control. And then actually having competent, non-corrupt officials run and protect the process.

So yeah, at this point, we might as well not worry about it. It ain't gonna get fixed.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    if you would need totalitarian measures to make your 'democracy' work as it should, then you should consider whether that word is an appropriate description of the system that you in fact have.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Agreed.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    At least have some measures that can prevent the abuse of power, and maybe teach people not to vote on whim but with their head?

Not possible of course, since the winning party would want to keep things as they are.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    There's a reason the Dalai Lama lives in exile in India rather than in Tibet. Also, the fact that the CCP demands the right to choose his next Reincarnation.

Kind of like they get to pick their own Cardinals...
    Imagine filing a reincarnation form, like tax returns. Actually, you don't need to imagine:

Don't get me wrong here, Russia and China are both shit. See also Iran, who's also been busted messing around with the US elections.

Unfortunately, we're at a point now where this is normal, and is frankly pretty much unpreventable in totality without implementing China-level censorship and media control or completely restructuring how news and journalism operate into something other than a for-profit or donation-driven model and stripping control over elections from the states and instead centralizing it under federal control. And then actually having competent, non-corrupt officials run and protect the process.

So yeah, at this point, we might as well not worry about it. It ain't gonna get fixed.
    I'd rather have less censorship for any context. In other words, better to have rumors and hearsay mixed in with the truth, rather than shut it all down to replace it with a mainstream-approved "truth", which is usually all lies, as shown in China.

Blog Entries
    I didn't say put under government control as far as media goes. See the "restructuring" portion above. It's also why I didn't make an alternative suggestion there. I'm not sure what the answer to the problem is, since the "problem" is widespread corruption allowed to linger without an effective measure to punish it. This applies to the government, private business, entertainment and media, and religious institutions. It's all been allowed to intersect and interfere with one another to varying degrees, exploiting these connections to leverage advantage and influence that have slowly reduced the actual ability of our political system to function.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    I didn't say put under government control as far as media goes. See the "restructuring" portion above. It's also why I didn't make an alternative suggestion there. I'm not sure what the answer to the problem is, since the "problem" is widespread corruption allowed to linger without an effective measure to punish it. This applies to the government, private business, entertainment and media, and religious institutions. It's all been allowed to intersect and interfere with one another to varying degrees, exploiting these connections to leverage advantage and influence that have slowly reduced the actual ability of our political system to function.
    Plenty of work have to be done to do any restructuring since the interests group will do their hardest to prevent change to the status quo. So brainwashing people in spending thoughtlessly despite the real dangers of it and polluting their mind with the dangers of policies like universal healthcare is of utmost importance. Heck, even dealing with racial issues is a no in some places since playing racial policies are one of the best ways to get votes.

Close to mission impossible, but something that has to be done unless people are okay with being walked over.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Plenty of work have to be done to do any restructuring since the interests group will do their hardest to prevent change to the status quo. So brainwashing people in spending thoughtlessly despite the real dangers of it and polluting their mind with the dangers of policies like universal healthcare is of utmost importance. Heck, even dealing with racial issues is a no in some places since playing racial policies are one of the best ways to get votes.

Close to mission impossible, but something that has to be done unless people are okay with being walked over.
    At least, we have elections.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post

Elections aren't worth anything when you're choices are between Kang and Kodos.

Blog Entries
    I voted for Kodos!
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post

I don't know, the whole electoral college thing you guys have is super open to corruption and ignoring the will of the people. It's pretty much an oligarchy that hasn't realized it yet.

Blog Entries
    Basically. I mean, there's barely any meaningful ability to select candidates. You either need the backing of a major party or be stupid rich in order to effectively campaign for local office, let alone federal ones. We have a rather obvious ruling class. Trump is a prime example; inherited wealth who openly claimed in the 2016 campaign that he couldn't be bought because he "was one of the people who bought politicians."
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I don't know, the whole electoral college thing you guys have is super open to corruption and ignoring the will of the people. It's pretty much an oligarchy that hasn't realized it yet.
    Look. I live in RI, but I wouldn't want a pure democracy, given the tyranny of the masses. A representative republic is a good enough compromise, at least when compared to the extremes on both sides.

Blog Entries
    Mmmmyeaaaaah... I've seen enough idiots in all walks of life to know that some people have no business governing others. That said, if you're competent but corrupt, you also have no business serving the public good. Because you won't.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is it really? Why not just abolish the presidency? Why bother having a figurehead who may or may not have the ability to set policy?