View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1452 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 45295213521402144214471450145114521453145414571462 ... LastLast
Results 29,021 to 29,040 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    I just see it as kicking an already enraged bear.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay Chamberlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Okay Chamberlin.
    No, the modern-day Chamberlains are the ones who still think it's a good idea to make any positive dealings with China... You know, the one with the actual concentration camps?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Okay Chamberlin.
    There can be only one response to this vile insult!
    Spoiler:
    Lol.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Straight from my Twitter feed...

Khamenei, Orban, Modi, Erdogan, Abbas, Maduro and Raul are somewhere down the line waiting for their turn.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know, looking at the numbers on the front page, BL has 12,000 members. It's weird knowing that if we wanted to, we could storm the US capital.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Straight from my Twitter feed...
    Must be good entertainment for them between their "hard work" of preparing bribes for Biden.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    You know, looking at the numbers on the front page, BL has 12,000 members. It's weird knowing that if we wanted to, we could storm the US capital.
    Nah, some of us aren't white, we'd get gunned down like the Light Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Or the early black Tulsans who ended up with their property destroyed and no home to go back to AKA How Donald Trump Still Remains (Not) The Worst US Head of State Ever.

Well, I was a betting man and I won the bet: the US would lose the respect of the world by the time 2021 ends at the latest. I just claimed my money.

Now... CHILLAX!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nah, some of us aren't white
    Neither are the Proud Boys, more specifically their leader.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We could go in like Antifa, full body covering. Thousands of Ahegao hoodies and Kirito masks. We'd need to cover up anyways because of COVID.

Holy Shit, can you imagine if this whole thing is a superspreader event like all of Trump's other rallies? We already know none of them were wearing masks so they're gonna get a visit form the FBI soon.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 7th, 2021 at 06:53 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Facial recognition is not their friend.

Also, superspreading is fine. It's just Darwinism at work.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Antifa is white too and they accomplished nothing approaching this with their privilege, truly pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I am able to determine, literally nothing happened except that four protesters got shot, but this is somehow a bigger deal than looting in the streets. Can't have it both ways, you know?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Like a piece of historical fiction, the authors, in this case, the media, has already labeled one side, the "bad guys", and another side, the "good guys". The "good guys" can get away with anything because they're fighting for [insert most popular buzzword today], but whenever the "bad guy" does the same thing, it goes from genius tactic to evil scheme because they are [insert most negative buzzword today]. Why do you think I love Dynasty Warriors? It took a childhood story of mine but showed me how relative the actual morality behind it was.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If the cops were doing their jobs a lot of people would have died on the way in, and if these people had a mind for it, they could have rendered the entire country inoperable for months with the opportunity they got, but they didn't. They waltzed in and took pictures like tourists staying nicely in the confines of the red tape. Lamest revolution and counter-revolution ever, tbh. What kind of circus is the USA?

- - - Updated - - -

What are the charges going to be? Broke a window in the building of the congress attempting to exercise a right to observe? Stole public property (a table)? Reminded 70yo congressmen of their mortality?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The actual court or the court of public opinion? Public opinion appears to somehow call them "fascist oppressors" or "white supremacists", like that Afro-Cuban gentleman whom I mentioned earlier.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    You don't get it, so I might as well spell it out: This result is absurd to all involved. The protesters never expected to succeed.

Imagine a country where a hundred thousand people rise from their beds to protest against the government, yet, they go in with no concrete plan of having their demands met, because it does not occur to them that they could possibly succeed. This is not how this goes in the rest of the world, you know?

The spirit of your people is crushed so badly that they have no faith in their cause, and a 'protest' is rather a social expression. BLM/Antifa know this - their protests are statements from a minority to the rest of the population, because they do not believe they could truly change the government, so they attempt to change the social climate in a grand projection of their pain. These white people, meanwhile are kind of new to this, so they walk up to the Congress and protest there, but they are still completely shocked and incapable of acting in any meaningful way once they achieve success. They don't do stupid and violent things, because they're not projecting pain but confusion instead: Cause it's not like they want to hang all the politicians on the lamp posts, they are trying to communicate with an entity that does not speak back and they're not sure if it even hears them. This is completely absurd, it's clear to any outsider that the people no longer consider themselves a part of the body of power, they're a child tugging their abusive mother's skirt.

Centuries ago, America has taught to the rest of the world that democracy and liberty can only be preserved with the belief of the individual in their agency, with the willingness to protect their freedom. In your hearts, in your souls, you no longer hold these values.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Frankly, I don't mind people marching on any government building. My main issue with any protest is when private businesses and homes are dragged into it. The "silence is violence" nonsense is bullshit, especially when it makes demands of private citizens.

Blog Entries
    Afaik, one person was shot. Three died from unspecified other medical problems. This was a mostly Boomer crowd, so it's not surprising. Their only actual leader was Trump... who basically had no fucking clue (surprise surprise) what he was doing or saying, let alone how to achieve his ostensible goal of overturning Biden's win, and essentially was just cheering from the rear anyway. These people had no clue how to get what they wanted. All they wound up doing was causing chaos, breaking some laws, creating some new memes, and making everyone involved look like fools.

So. We get property damage, and the Police look either incompetent, complicit, or [insert conspiracy theory of your choice here]. Because Trump is a manchild and his supporters are the physical manifestation of the chans.

Meanwhile, there have been some-odd eighty arrests relating to unlawful entry and the like. The police here seem to have been going easy af on these guys, despite the pure absurdity of what was going on... but they also seem to have been grossly unprepared for it, too. That said, these guys are mostly anti-maskers... so have fun with a heavily monitored location and law enforcement agencies with facial recognition software. This mess is increasingly being framed as an act of domestic terrorism. Especially with a bunch of QAnon supporters in there.

I expect more arrests over time.

And lo, their God forsook them that would make war in His name..
    Last edited by Twelveseal; January 7th, 2021 at 10:38 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Based on the getup of some of the WH invaders and how Trump and his ass-lickers had apparently been talking about January 6th for a few days, there's speculation that the plan - or at least an acid trip somewhat resembling something of a plan - was to actually kidnap Congressmen. At the very least, this wasn't a spontaneous action, this was organised by "someone".

That said, whether or not the WH invaders actually had a plan, consider the sociopolitical impact of hundreds of lunatics breaking into the central government building with no meaningful resistance from the police (and apparently even complicity) and the National Guard seemingly refusing to get involved, especially in light of what happened in Michigan (and other places, too?), carrying weapons and explosives. This does not bode well for any "healing" or "reconciliation" the "moderate" Democrats want so badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    There can be only one response to this vile insult!
    Spoiler:
    Lol.
    A Dark Crystal reference? Nice!