View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1327 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3278271227127713171322132513261327132813291332133713771427 ... LastLast
Results 26,521 to 26,540 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Incredibly enough, one does not negate the other. Do not add quotation marks lightly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. I removed the quotation marks. Also, note that I had initially wrote "for the most part". In other news, it might be old, but I didn't realize that CHOP were literal Jacobin LARPers:

which is ironic because they hate Nazis, who are Roman LARPers gone horribly awry. I wonder if their ghosts will have freakishly high health bars, like Robespierre's. I also found out that Jacobin is also the name of a modern magazine that keeps screwing up my search for the historical group.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 7th, 2020 at 10:00 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Still, the diseases that any colonist brought over probably killed more than any of the colonists' direct actions with guns and whatnot.
    Doesn't make Columbus any better or any more worthy of being commemorated or memorialized.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So uh, it turns out Ghislane Maxwell was a major mod on Reddit, which is not surprising considering her background. In fact, she is the first Reddit user to collect one million Karma. Pretty much confirmed it's her at this point.

Her massive posting history is being looked into, stay tuned.

Blog Entries
    your honour, the defendant could not possibly have been complicit in this instance of sacrificing trafficked haitian orphans to ancient canaanite deities and making shashlik from their extracted pineal glands, because she was - as timestamps confirm - vigorously engaged in a discussion on r/heckincutepuppers for several hours
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Another difference between protests in China and riots in the US is that I'm pretty sure that protesters in China would never ask for help from the oppressors that they are protesting about:

Blog Entries
    Looks like the Supreme Court has decided that the ACA doesn't actually guarantee birth control if your employer claims a religious or ethical issue with it.

And also that if you work for an expressly religious company or organization, you aren't protected by workplace discrimination laws. As in, you get a cancer diagnosis while working as a layperson teacher, and your parochial school employer can fire you for it.

So, how many companies do you think are suddenly going to find God?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, unlike heritage, such as Native American, where you can check someone's bloodline, there is no way to check someone's soul to see what god they belong to.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Unfortunately, unlike heritage, such as Native American, where you can check someone's bloodline, there is no way to check someone's soul to see what god they belong to.
    Well you can check if they have a third teat to see if they belong to Satan at least, as explained by Matthew Hopkins in his FAQ

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well then, now only 4299 to go.
    Well, I find personally disgusting on many levels:

Guess which ones. In priority.

My parents grew up during the Cultural Revolution, so while I can't directly relate to this, my family can:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 8th, 2020 at 08:36 PM.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Doesn't make Columbus any better or any more worthy of being commemorated or memorialized.
    Hoo boy, if we're going to restrict public memorials strictly to people who were saints now...

The Egyptian pyramids were made on slave work, and the Mesoamerican ones were used for human sacrifices, I guess it's time to bring them down now...

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It rhymes with schmenocide
    For the record, the people he's accused of genociding were the same ones that annihilated the first Spanish settlement.

Also for the record, the people in the first Spanish settlement were some pretty dire bastards.

It's not clear cut at all, as usual with history unless you have an agenda.
    don't quote me on this

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Columbus was thrown out as governor of Hispaniola because even the Conquistadors thought he was too brutal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    The Egyptian pyramids were made on slave work
    they weren't, actually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    For the record, the people he's accused of genociding were the same ones that annihilated the first Spanish settlement.
    Well that totally justifies all the atrocities. I guess the next time someone's mean to me I have historical precedent to kill his entire family and burn his house down.

- - - Updated - - -

The way Columbus is portrayed in Grand Order? That's historically accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    So uh, it turns out Ghislane Maxwell was a major mod on Reddit, which is not surprising considering her background. In fact, she is the first Reddit user to collect one million Karma. Pretty much confirmed it's her at this point.

Her massive posting history is being looked into, stay tuned.
    A chan post theory is not major news or verifiable proof of anything. Do exercise some common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Hoo boy, if we're going to restrict public memorials strictly to people who were saints now...

The Egyptian pyramids were made on slave work, and the Mesoamerican ones were used for human sacrifices, I guess it's time to bring them down now...
    A ridiculous tangent doesn't invalidate my point and I'm not sure why you think this was something worth posting in the first place.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Well that totally justifies all the atrocities. I guess the next time someone's mean to me I have historical precedent to kill his entire family and burn his house down.
    I'm not sure the destruction of a settlement and the killing of all its inhabitants equals "being mean". Wikipedia's article on Hispaniola only mentions "trading with the natives" before Columbus left for one year.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by From Wikipedia
    The natives of the island were systematically subjugated via the encomienda system implemented by Columbus.[151] Adapted to the New World from Spain, it resembled the feudal system in Medieval Europe, as it was based on a lord offering "protection" to a class of people who owed labor.[152] In addition, Spanish colonists under his rule began to buy and sell natives as slaves, including children.[153]

When Columbus fell ill in 1495, "what little restraint he had maintained over his men disappeared as he went through a lengthy period of recuperation. The troops went wild, stealing, killing, raping, and torturing natives, trying to force them to divulge the whereabouts of the imagined treasure-houses of gold."[160] According to Las Casas, 50,000 natives perished during this period, although Las Casas' account has been criticized by modern historians as lacking objectivity and his population estimates are often dismissed.[161] Upon his recovery, Columbus organized his troops' efforts, forming a squadron of several hundred heavily armed men and more than twenty attack dogs. Dogs were used to hunt down natives who attempted to flee.[154] Columbus's men tore across the land, killing thousands of sick and unarmed natives. Soldiers would use their captives for sword practice, attempting to decapitate them or cut them in half with a single blow.[162]
    Sure, this is totally stuff that makes a person worthy of statues.

Blog Entries
    It makes you worthy of appearing in FGO, so why not a statue? Probably more people see the former
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    he's an utter bastard in fgo tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Blog Entries
    Columbus, the archetype Settler, is practically deified by the Settler nation, hmmm I wonder why