View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1268 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2687681168121812581263126612671268126912701273127813181368 ... LastLast
Results 25,341 to 25,360 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    What was the promising drug trial you heard of cuz last I heard everything on the antiviral side came back negative.

Vaccine development is looking fine but that takes 2 years optimistically and some of the fastest vaccine development we ever did was 5 years.

Better than nothing, but yeah, not much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that’s the one. Again, very very preliminary, but it gives hope for a treatment
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    They seem to think it inhibits viral reproduction, so it's super-effective early in the infection, but less so later on.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Right, which brings me back to what I said to RX, barring a medical breakthrough September will be just as bad as now. Likely worse as social distancing won’t be nearly as strong and the full outbreak of flu season will heighten lethality
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Right. Parents are going to eat this especially badly, since it looks like schools will be back in session. On top of work.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 30th, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    All the drugs that have been tried by the West were already used by China as pity medicine back in Feb, and all show pretty negative results. Unless they risk it, the vaccine will take sometime, and we need to get use to wearing masks as a norm.

Also, we are told to expect for the worse as the West will shift responsibility away so people can forget what a shitty job they are doing to protect people and blame China instead. We are expecting:

1. The West to forcefully takeover all Chinese assets in respective countries as a form of reprisal.
    2. USA will force China out of SWIFT until they pay back for USA's shitty response against the virus.
    3. Defaulting all money they own China as a form of 'punishment' while rendering all debts blank.
    4. Uniting the rest of the world to wage war to China for reprisal.

All in all, we are told to expect shit to occur. We thought the govt. was joking at first, but seeing how the West is dealing with the virus, the belief that the rest of the world will do whatever they can do divert attention away from their shitty response and double standard will be the norm from now on.
    Last edited by rxrx; April 30th, 2020 at 01:23 PM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Only thing I've heard is super fast track vaccine trial over at oxford
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Can I interest you in this politics scented candle?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Biden finally got directly forced to make a statement on the Tara Reade allegation. As expected, he said it never happened. What was unusual is that he said that if any sort of record did exist, it'd be in the National Archives rather than the University of Delaware that Tara claims. While the legitimacy of it being in the National Archives has been called into question outside of the interview, Biden's staunch "No" when asked if, just to make the record clear, to have an independent team check both the University of Delaware records and the National Archives isn't a very good look he's painting for himself. There will never be a convenient Devil's Proof establishing that the filing of these records never happened, but saying "these records don't exist, therefore they won't be in the University of Delaware records, thus there's no reason to check them" is crazy circular logic there.

Also, the interview failed spectacularly to show that Tara's allegations have been independently corroborated by multiple sources: Ryan Grim (guy who broke the Dr. Ford story), Rich McHugh (investigative journalist that's made a name for himself in investigating sexual assault/harassment claims), Tara's brother, Tara's mother (Larry King Live tape), Tara's neighbor from '95 (claims that Tara mentioned this to her, with the neighbor also saying that she'll be voting Biden anyway), one of Tara's coworkers when Tara left the Biden staff (only talked about how Tara claimed to have been harassed at her previous post, not that Tara ever said the specific person who harassed her), and an intern at the time who was working under Tara until they noted an abrupt reassignment for Tara from mentoring interns.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    The interview went exactly the way I thought it would. Biden looked fine, if annoyed. The interviewer asked some hard hitting questions. Good stuff.

He encouraged looking in the national archives because raede has claimed she filed a report but nobody can find it and she conveniently lost the copy she was provided herself. The university filed would be a gift oppo rump for the trump campaign. I wouldn’t just throw them open either. Thing is, people aren’t going to admit they were wrong so they are always going to devil’s Proof ask for more crap.

and to the point of the interviewer, as was correctly noted by a few other journalists the fact that the only other “cooberation” comes from people who weren’t there and had no first hand knowledge of the incident is probably why she didn’t cover it much. What’s the point?

incidentally the NYT mentioned in a few sources now they have actually been searching far and wide to see if they could find any evidence that Tara had ever filed a report. Surprise surprise, no such evidence exists.

but of course they can’t prove the negative either.

why, it’s almost like the whole story is a salacious scandal engineered specifically to have wings based on the idea that it’s really hard to prove a negative!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    He encouraged looking in the national archives because raede has claimed she filed a report but nobody can find it and she conveniently lost the copy she was provided herself. The university filed would be a gift oppo rump for the trump campaign. I wouldn’t just throw them open either. Thing is, people aren’t going to admit they were wrong so they are always going to devil’s Proof ask for more crap.
    First, the place he recommended looking was noted afterwards to not be responsible for those sorts of documents. Second, I'd agree with your last sentence more if some effort has gone into verifying the absence of a record's existence, which none has so far.

and to the point of the interviewer, as was correctly noted by a few other journalists the fact that the only other “cooberation” comes from people who weren’t there and had no first hand knowledge of the incident is probably why she didn’t cover it much. What’s the point?
    The point is that these sorts of second/third-hand accounts were championed by Biden and his supporters as being sufficient enough for evidence in the past, even though that their most noteworthy example, Dr. Ford, had none of them. Meanwhile, Tara does have this support, and pretending that they don't exist is dishonest for people interested in the story.

incidentally the NYT mentioned in a few sources now they have actually been searching far and wide to see if they could find any evidence that Tara had ever filed a report. Surprise surprise, no such evidence exists.
    When you're looking in an area that no one has claimed the document to exist, don't be surprised when a record for such document fails to turn up.

but of course they can’t prove the negative either.

why, it’s almost like the whole story is a salacious scandal engineered specifically to have wings based on the idea that it’s really hard to prove a negative!
    This story has been trying to come out for over a year now, long before Biden ever showed actual potential to be the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Blog Entries
    Really? Cause I remember on March 3 she said something like “timing is important, wait for it, tic-toc”

which sounds to me like less a person wrestling with her willpower and gathering her courage and more like someone cannily trying to win her allegations for a time when they would do maximum damage.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/

this was worth the read. Especially the part about how an otherwise meticulous record keeper conveniently lost the document which would otherwise be able to prevent the thing she now accuses people of doing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? Cause I remember on March 3 she said something like “timing is important, wait for it, tic-toc”

which sounds to me like less a person wrestling with her willpower and gathering her courage and more like someone cannily trying to win her allegations for a time when they would do maximum damage.
    Then you should be able to provide a quote of that. Meanwhile, here's one article that shows that Tara has been trying to get her story heard now for over a year, only for things like the Time's Up movement to stonewall her on some bullshit "oh we can't be too political, think of our non-profit status" claim.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/

this was worth the read. Especially the part about how an otherwise meticulous record keeper conveniently lost the document which would otherwise be able to prevent the thing she now accuses people of doing
    Again, I have no problem with being skeptical to Tara's story. However, every reason listed to not believe Tara there can be directly applied to Dr. Ford, whose testimony ultimately amounted to a "he said, she said" that literally nobody could corroborate and no evidence could be found. If Dr. Ford's testimony alone is enough evidence to judge a person, then so is Tara's, by the people defending Ford using the standards created in 2018. Those very same people saying otherwise now that there's a claim against Biden is the definition of hypocrisy.

Edit: What's even worse in this case is that people are dismissing the multitude of people coming forward to defend Tara on the premise that Tara told them about the alleged harassment. Again, her brother, her mother, her neighbor, and two coworkers all came forward in defense of Tara.

Edit 2: Lol Russiagate again. It seems like everyone is a Russian agent eh? Those damn Russians, so forward thinking to plant operatives 30 years ago to sink a presidential candidate with a sexual assault allegation despite how these sorts of allegations aren't actually valued that highly in the last 20 years.
    Last edited by Trubo; May 1st, 2020 at 05:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was a bit surprised you two hadn't started this already XD
    Better late than never
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Then you should be able to provide a quote of that. Meanwhile, here's one article that shows that Tara has been trying to get her story heard now for over a year, only for things like the Time's Up movement to stonewall her on some bullshit "oh we can't be too political, think of our non-profit status" claim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fark_XatPHJ_pvJTfhJ5FgXJLX-wbmWQ.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	14249

please note BTW this is even her responding in the sense of. "oh boy, when its biden vs bernie, this is gonna be great!"

and she doesnt have to be a russian agent. Just someone who says all american women are secretly sexually aroused by vladimer putin's sensuality and rugged charm.

According to Blue MAGA Russophiles are immune to rape.

Blog Entries
    you know I just started seeing blue MAGA on a few other forums. New talking points get sent out in an email and I wasnt on the chain?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fark_XatPHJ_pvJTfhJ5FgXJLX-wbmWQ.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	14249

please note BTW this is even her responding in the sense of. "oh boy, when its biden vs bernie, this is gonna be great!"
    Seems to be google searchable, but no account means I'm going to have to wait to see the full thread, assuming it's still there.

Again though, she's been trying to get her story heard for over a year. I could write that off as her hoping more people look into it, but largely overestimating how influential non-MSM outlets are.

and she doesnt have to be a russian agent. Just someone who says all american women are secretly sexually aroused by vladimer putin's sensuality and rugged charm.
    I read those too, and it came off similar to that "damning" Sanders essay he wrote back in, what, the 70s, with that shocking headline of how women fantasize about being raped.

Blog Entries
    Sanders didn’t write that shit November 27th 2018.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and? Tara's comments, to me at least, came off as shitposting on the level of The Ride On King manga aka Isekai Putin.