View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1271 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2717711171122112611266126912701271127212731276128113211371 ... LastLast
Results 25,401 to 25,420 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    So Tara raede has now recanted her previous claims stating the report she filed would cooberate her allegations, is now stating that while she thinks she did file a complaint of some sort it did not mention anything about the sexual assault claims. This now means that there is quite literally no way to gather any hard evidence about the allegations.

It also means that there cannot be anything in the university of Delaware files or anywhere else.
    You realize that this was stated weeks, if not months, ago, no? Rich McHugh in his Rising interview pointed that out. The point of getting the supposed claim from University of Delaware is to show that Tara did file something, which would contradict Biden's blanket statement that never was any type of claim brought up against him.

Edit:

He mentions this at ~4:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich McHugh
    She[Tara Reade] says that, at the time, she complained. Not about the assault, but about the sexual harassment. The assault, she says, happened after.
    Last edited by Trubo; May 3rd, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    So if she filed a complaint which says retaliation, which for 20 years she says she was fired because she wouldn’t serve drinks as a mixer, that would prove...what?

because if she didn’t list sexual assault there would go the absolute gasp of any possibility of any independent verification of her claim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It would prove that Tara filed a claim against Biden when Biden says no claim was ever made against him during that period of time. In short, it'd be another demonstrable record of Biden's lies.

As for your comment about retaliation, that's Tara's speculation for why she was fired shortly after filing a complaint. That's certainly not any official stance for the end of her employment for Biden.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    But again, that report was the very last possible place where some actual hard evidence would come out that might offer something resembling validation of her claims. If that also doesn’t exist then this literally goes down as devil’s proof.

you can’t absolutely prove he didn’t finger bang her so have to assume she did would actually be the argument in play.

EDIT: also interestingly timed accusation from a sanders supporting girl stated Biden made sexual comments to her at the tender age of 14 during a dinner. This was cooberated by several other people who said she told them about it.

exxxxxxcept it turns out that though he had been expected to attend, Biden had actually skipped the damn thing. This was proven by checking schedules and confirming he was in a completely different place when he was accused. It’s almost like hearsay evidence is trumped by actual facts!

weird huh?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Seriously, the truth doesn't really matters since this is a smearing campaign. If Bidan is really a dirty old man, great. Even if he is not, it is enough to smear his rep and associate him with all nasty stuffs which allow people with the memory of birds to forget Trump is no better, be it in political abilities or personal conduct. Trump and friends can just use the good old I have proof but won't show to protect the witness crap anyway.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, Trump is almost certainly quite a bit worse. Big Orange was facing a lawsuit for quite a while over supposedly raping a bound thirteen y/o girl repeatedly at one of Epstein's parties. The case wound up withdrawn, but tge charges were never dropped. It just became clear it was unwinnable against a sitting President.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    But again, that report was the very last possible place where some actual hard evidence would come out that might offer something resembling validation of her claims. If that also doesn’t exist then this literally goes down as devil’s proof.

you can’t absolutely prove he didn’t finger bang her so have to assume she did would actually be the argument in play.
    Yes. This is the hypocrisy that's being pointed out. I'm glad you're finally with everyone else on this.

Biden and his supporters fell over backwards to defend Dr. Ford despite only having a "he said, she said" that not a single person was able to corroborate, to the point that she took it to a Congressional hearing. They even used the argument that potentially perjuring herself was proof in and of itself that she's not lying (but hey, Tara filing a criminal report against Biden? Nah, only someone clearly lying will do that).

They were in such a fervor that they were willing to give one woman, who later recanted her story, a 20 minute prime-time slot to talk about the things Kavanaugh did to her. Why is it now that all these #MeToo people are silent at worst or lackluster at best in giving the same support to Tara, who has demonstrably far more evidence to support her claim? It certainly wasn't because they felt what happened with Kavanaugh damaged their case.

All of Biden's and his #MeToo supporter's excuses for not frothing at the mouth to support Tara are the same defenses used by Kavanaugh's supporters. It sure does look like a case of "hate alleged rapists, unless the alleged rapist is our guy then fuck off with your claims".

EDIT: also interestingly timed accusation from a sanders supporting girl stated Biden made sexual comments to her at the tender age of 14 during a dinner. This was corroborated by several other people who said she told them about it.

exxxxxxcept it turns out that though he had been expected to attend, Biden had actually skipped the damn thing. This was proven by checking schedules and confirming he was in a completely different place when he was accused. It’s almost like hearsay evidence is trumped by actual facts!

weird huh?
    This other person lied, so clearly Tara is lying. What wonderful logic by Tobias.

Way to try and dismiss Tara's corroborative defense too. Did this person have a Larry King Live or similarly highly public TV/radio clip supporting her statement? Did this person have people that have been strangers to Tara for 20-some odd years coming out to defend Tara that, to the best that we can tell, have no hidden axes to grind against Biden? Did this person have highly respected (i.e. Pulitzer prize winners) investigative journalists look into her case and see that there's something worth pursuing?

No, this is not the case as we have with Tara, but have fun posting your deceitful implications I guess.

Edit: because fuck posting this late at night and not properly proofreading posts
    Last edited by Trubo; May 3rd, 2020 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes a bunch of crap hearsay* arguments definitely qualifies as cooberation.

*actually dictionary correct usage of the word hearsay. As in a term that was developed to define something that wasn’t worth being considered as evidence by a court of law.

and getting right down to it Tara and the other girls stories are actually quite similar. Both occurred several years ago. Both purport to tell a scandalous tale of a powerful man abusing someone in a weaker position, both come from self reported devout sanders supports, and both used as their primary evidence secondary figures who said had heard the tale from the victim.

the only difference is in providing something actual factual, the date of the dinner in question, it was actually possible to conclusively disprove the claim. Funny how Tara has on at least three separate occasions now, maybe more, either changed or altered her story specifically to prevent someone from doing the same huh?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I have a question. If these are all very old allegations against Biden, why are they showing up now, instead of when he was the VP for 8 years? I mean, sure the whole outing of gross sexual misconduct thing has only really hit large saturation in the past few years, but even accusers were sitting on it until it would become relevant, that should have been in '08 when he had definite power, not now when he only has a chance at it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So, I have a question. If these are all very old allegations against Biden, why are they showing up now, instead of when he was the VP for 8 years? I mean, sure the whole outing of gross sexual misconduct thing has only really hit large saturation in the past few years, but even accusers were sitting on it until it would become relevant, that should have been in '08 when he had definite power, not now when he only has a chance at it.
    That's my question too.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I have asked that question a few times

but asking that question is apparently victim blaming and you both should be terribly ashamed of yourselves for asking

Blog Entries
    Which is why truth ain't important in this situation. Even if it is proven the Tara is lying, people can just insist that Bidan and his interest group pressured the court, media or victim to show he is innocent. Besides, that MeToo movement also make it hard for men to argue that they have not done any sexual harassment since we are at disadvantage here.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Why did all the Cosby stuff only appear when it did and not for decades? Or Epstein. Or Weinstein.

It's something that always gets trotted out to defend people doing this stuff and they still end up having done it, so I don't think it's really a factor.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Epstein was already charged back in the 90's (even though he beat it due to his connections), and Weinstein was an open secret in the industry until the reporter blew it open. Both were well known for that kind of thing in their circles before it became public knowledge, and even then would be found easily once you went looking. Cosby is a super good one though (and it feels weird to type that). Well past the top of his popularity, 4 years before #MeToo, more than a single witness/victim, it really came out of no where.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's really going to be interesting in this whole thing is the cultural impact because I think we might actually be seeing the death of identity based attacks in mainstream liberal thought. The "Joe Biden ended #metoo" meme might not really be there yet because his campaign still sticks to superficial identity based shoring up of the campaign with the VP pick but at this point I'm not sure if picking a 80 year old male white dinosaur would really hurt him anymore.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because the victims feel nobody will believe them and/or the system will work to protect the ones in power rather than her. Victims of sexual assault not speaking out is a Thing that happens all the time, and is really absolutely nothing special in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yes. This is the hypocrisy that's being pointed out. I'm glad you're finally with everyone else on this.
    The hypocrisy is what infuriates me most about this tbh. Whether or not this is actually happened, it's revealed the true colours of Biden's supporters. They don't actually care about listening to victims etc, they only want to use them as weapons against their political enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    This is pure speculation at this point, but considering Obama - for all of his rhetoric - kept the Patriot Act going, and that the Freedom Act was a bipartisan effort, how would Biden differ from Trump in any meaningful way other than maintaining decorum? Would he close down ICE and release the people in captivity, for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    This is pure speculation at this point, but considering Obama - for all of his rhetoric - kept the Patriot Act going, and that the Freedom Act was a bipartisan effort, how would Biden differ from Trump in any meaningful way other than maintaining decorum? Would he close down ICE and release the people in captivity, for instance?
    Well, he won't abolish ICE. He's already said as much. As for the camps, I'm sure he'll keep them around. At best he goes back to using them in their previous capacity and uses them as temporary detention centers rather than centers for indefinite detention, which is probably the most likely outcome. Don't worry though, he'll spout plenty of "this is a country built by immigrants" and "we welcome newcomers" bromides to satisfy the bourgeoisie intelligentsia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    What's really going to be interesting in this whole thing is the cultural impact because I think we might actually be seeing the death of identity based attacks in mainstream liberal thought. The "Joe Biden ended #metoo" meme might not really be there yet because his campaign still sticks to superficial identity based shoring up of the campaign with the VP pick but at this point I'm not sure if picking a 80 year old male white dinosaur would really hurt him anymore.
    It would probably benefit him tbh. Real voters don't care about this stuff when push comes to shove, no matter how much the media tries to push the narrative. The only people who would "care" are Guardian writers and Twitter woke scolds but even they, after getting a week of crypieces out fulminating over his decision, would quickly close ranks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    yeah no, there are many reasons to not prefer joe Biden as a candidate (some even worth listening to!) but the idea that there is no real difference between the way trump governs and the way Biden will govern isnt just wrong, it’s meritless. It’s without value or redeeming trait.

one believes in prison reform, one believes in locking up kids for political points
    one considers protecting and expanding Obamacare as his life’s work, one will not consider his legacy complete infill it’s been entirely uprooted.
    one believes in a tax system that isn’t literally designed to be regressive, one has openly opined that if congress could grow a spine and cut Medicaid, Medicare and social security (entitlements) he could cut the top rates further.
    one is so progressive he forced Obama to support gay marriage even before Obama really want to, one cozies up to people who support forgive conversion therapy.
    one of them was the first man to introduce a climate change bill in the senate and Has been a well liked and respected leader at the climate change summit for decades. The other recent updated FDA guidelines so as to ensure holllllllly sheeeeeet how am I not kidding right now frikking MERCURY dumping into the air by factories did not violate any laws.
    one has always been a man willing to acknowledge his limits and listen to scientists and follow the facts, one waited months to start do anything for the corona virus costing tens of thousands of American lives that didn’t need to be lost.

that was basically free styled btw. I spit that from the dome.

well, I did check Biden’s climate record briefly to ensure I didn’t lie to you. Anyway, there are many legitimate reasons to have an issue with Biden but the idea that nothing would be different between his and trumps presidency is nonsense.

EDIT: hell in that free style I didn’t even get to the Supreme Court, but there is that too

The image of Joe Biden pushing Obama to allow for fat people get married is a pretty funny one ngl. And his climate record is trash, which is why a multitude of environmental groups have come out against him. His "plan" such as it is is to rejoin the Paris Accord and to implement some more Obama era cap-and-trade nonsense which is nowhere near enough what needs to be done on the climate front if you actually take the issue seriously, that is. Hell, he is an ardent backer of fracking ffs.

Even when talking about his own damn plan he says it isn't enough and that more needs to be done. But he never takes it a step further to say what that "more" will be.