View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1390 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 390890129013401380138513881389139013911392139514001440 ... LastLast
Results 27,781 to 27,800 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's it even say, for those of use who don't read Chinese?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    What's it even say, for those of use who don't read Chinese?
    The dude sign an agreement which is deemed to have been done under voluntary circumstances which has him agree to forfeiting all his pay leave.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the basic "one page to fuck you over in the middle of the giant new hire stack" that no one reads. Physical Terms of Service agreements.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Ah, the basic "one page to fuck you over in the middle of the giant new hire stack" that no one reads. Physical Terms of Service agreements.
    It is also against the labor law in China, so the amusement is how the court believe that Huawei is above the law.

Basically this: back in 2010, there were leaked documents that Huawei were coercing their employees to "willingly" forego their paid leave, holidays, or any other rights which were part of the labor laws (yes, labor laws exist in China).

The conclusion I posted is basically Guangdong's surpreme court bascially telling Huawei is ok to completely ignore the labor laws set by the CCP themselves. Hilarious. 40 years of economic reforms, "Communism" became this.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; October 21st, 2020 at 04:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Basically this: back in 2010, there were leaked documents that Huawei were coercing their employees to "willingly" forego their paid leave, holidays, or any other rights which were part of the labor laws (yes, labor laws exist in China).

The conclusion I posted is basically Guangdong's surpreme court bascially telling Huawei is ok to completely ignore the labor laws set by the CCP themselves. Hilarious. 40 years of economic reforms, "Communism" became this.
    It break the law, but the court only agree on the paid leave stuff. Besides, if it goes big enough, the central might just override the court's decision.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This tends to happen with companies trying to keep up with government-planned economies. If you just punish companies for not keeping up with quotas, they'll find weird ways to make it so that it looks like they are keeping up with them. It's certainly not a free market:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 21st, 2020 at 07:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wait, this is actually not a joke?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-treasury.html

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Neither of those are jokes. Say hello to one of the reasons why so many people thought Trump was a foreign agent sent to wreck the country. And still do, in some cases. Russia's the usual foe in the conspiracy theory, but not always.

In other news, fuck Purdue Pharma and the Sacklers, they deserve far worse than this.

And also whoever the hell it is that's sending these emails ordering people to vote Trump or be hunted down.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; October 21st, 2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If the enemy has wolf warriors, you skin them and wear their hides as armor:

Blog Entries
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So with the pandemic, a lot of people have lost their jobs and made poor families even poorer. 322 Tory MP's have voted to not extend free school meals over the holidays, denying under privileged children possibly the only decent meal they would receive over this time. It's estimated 4.5 million kids in the UK live in some form of poverty. 4.5 million kids face going hungry.

And the fucking conservatives are more pissed off over getting called Tory Scum in parliament over the fact that they're stealing the food out of starving children's mouths.

Blog Entries
    Glad to know it's not just this side of the pond being shitters. Good ol' Mitch McConnell told Trump not to sign another coronavirus relief package until after the election. How do people get to be this scummy?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By believing that money has more value that human life.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    There are times I almost miss the days when general chat was just trubo and a few others bitching me out for supporting biden.
    What's there to talk about? Biden can promise whatever he wants, but all the writing is on the wall that he's going to do fuck all about it when he staffs his administration with the same Clinton/Obama and, potentially, Bush-era neoliberals and neocons. All there's to look forward to is the continuing declining quality of life and purchasing power of anyone making underneath 100k USD/year and more foreign resource wars in the middle east.

He won't stack the SC, he won't wrench power back from the SC for either the executive or legislative branches, he'll continue to capitulate to the minority Republicans because "oh no whatever will we do without bipartisan consensus?", and he won't actually use his office in the way he should to make sure actually good policy gets passed.

Look forward to more competent Trump in 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    By believing that money has more value that human life.

Being entirely fair, this is in fact the premise that our entire modern society is built on.

Blog Entries
    Yeah there we go. Thanks trubo. Sometimes you just have a hankering for the good old days.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Tobias, what do you have to say about Biden and the Democrats explicitly saying they aren't going to address healthcare (i.e. not even bothering to work towards a public option) and fossil fuels (i.e. not ending fossil fuel subsidies) as claimed on the Biden/Harris pledge page based on what they've admitted since the DNC?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ocrats-win-big

https://www.vox.com/2020/8/19/213750...fuel-subsidies (lol their campaigns saying "whoops, this bit that's been on here for months was actually a typo")

If you're going to repeat some bullshit story about "but the votes", then don't bother responding since I'm not interested in you making a defense of Biden that ignores how Biden can actually influence votes by forcing his party, and some weaker Republicans, to vote the way he wants via the bully pulpit of the Presidency. Sure, the "but the votes" argument has more merit under Biden since the Senate isn't likely to be as favorable for Democrats as it was for Obama back in 2008, but don't try to and convince me that Biden is going to do anything to actually address these issues as President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Well for starters having just read thehill article, I couldn’t help but notice it rather explicitly notes the Biden campaign has not actually made the statement you proclaim it has and instead a bunch of various secondary sources have made their own points in what appears to be fairly standard pre-election jockeying for position.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.