View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1232 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2327321132118212221227123012311232123312341237124212821332 ... LastLast
Results 24,621 to 24,640 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Yeah, so far only saw this

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...ttacked-2020-4

I guess playing that card backfires badly? It's just surreal.
    ...huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Guess fundamentalism runs pretty wild in the West too huh?

Blog Entries
    It honestly runs p wild *everywhere*. It just comes in different flavors.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    I used to think the West played on the threat of 5G and made massive propaganda was because China is making breakthrough instead of them.

This is just ridiculous since how they are returning back to witch hunting. Hope this is not the majority.

Blog Entries
    Most of us are staying at home, singing corona virus songs and getting into political arguments on the internet to stave off boredom. Some people have found alternative methods of passing the time, apparently.

just you wait though. When Synchronized cable guy lynching becomes an Olympic sport the UK is going to come in and kick all our asses.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    付き添ひに息子が乗りし救急車「死ぬな」と存外真顔で言はる 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    付き添ひに息子が乗りし救急車「死ぬな」と存外真顔で言はる 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

Take good care of yourself. Heard nothing good from Japan even back in Feburary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Most of us are staying at home, singing corona virus songs and getting into political arguments on the internet to stave off boredom. Some people have found alternative methods of passing the time, apparently.

just you wait though. When Synchronized cable guy lynching becomes an Olympic sport the UK is going to come in and kick all our asses.

The more I read, the more I find how mess up things are over your place. Jared Kushner is really a piece of work.

Blog Entries
    Mo’ liek a piece of shit MIRITE?

no seriously, fuck that guy

Blog Entries
    Pretty much. Nobody likes him outside of people named Trump at some point in their lifetime.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Pretty much. Nobody likes him outside of people named Trump at some point in their lifetime.
    As long as Trump loves him, nothing else matters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Uhhhhhh.

thats straight up not true. If they are going to hold a primary, they have to follow the way the state lays it down. Hell thats why the Wisconsin governer has been so whipped by the republican legislative ranch because they shoot down any changes to the mandated system. Wasn’t that long ago he tried to call a special session and they literally gaveled in, and then closed the session. Told him to get bent. And he is on the air today actually begging for delays or a change to the system. Hope he gets something else but Democratic governors going hat in hand to republican congressmen has not been very successful.

at any rate it is straight up wrong to suggest the DNC could unilaterally order states to change the way they run their elections
    https://elections.wi.gov/clerks/laws-guidance

Quote Originally Posted by 5.05(21)
    "Spring election" means the election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational and municipal officers, nonpartisan county officers and sewerage commissioners and to express preferences for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party in a year in which electors for president and vice president are to be elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.60 Spring election ballots
    At spring elections all of the following ballots, when necessary, shall be provided for each ward, except as authorized in s. 5.655: (in short, all offices that call for a separate ballot can be consolidated to a single ballot to save costs and time, not must.)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.60(8) Ballots for presidential vote
    (am) Except as authorized in s. 5.655, there shall be a separate ballot for each recognized political party filing a certification under s. 8.12 (1), listing the names of all potential candidates of that party determined under s. 8.12 and affording, in addition, an opportunity to the voter to nominate another potential candidate by write-in vote or to vote for an uninstructed delegation to the party convention. The order of presidential candidates on the ballot shall be determined by lot by or under the supervision of the commission. Each voter shall be given the ballots of all the parties participating in the presidential preference vote, but may vote on one ballot only.
    Now, yes, I'm no lawyer, but it seems like there's good reason to believe that nothing outright compels Presidential primaries to be voted on the same ballot as other offices, and it's done more because of convenience than anything else. As such, if the concern about coronavirus exposure is due to the Presidential primary, steps could be taken by the DNC to provide one that meets the requirements as outlined by Wisconsin law that people can access and submit that bypass traditional voting locations. But it's not doing so.

Edit: Small reading comprehension correction.
    Last edited by Trubo; April 4th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Again, both the DNC and the democratic governor have both done everything in their power to insist beg or demand that the ballot be done by way of absentee, and the republican legislature straight up said no. Which it has the power to do. So let us be clear about this the Democratic Party has in no way the ability to compel Wisconsin to vote in any specific format. That is why it is the governor and legislative branch (and the judicial, to a lesser extent) have the ability to delay or alter the rules and standards of the primary. That is the focus of state laws, not by design if the national party.

EDIT: if you are still unsure check on how ohio and the other states that altered the primary did so. They neither sought nor needed direction from the DNC, instead simply making orders as needed. Even though the DNC operates as a private entity, the elections themselves are essentially a state run enterprise, and therefor fall under the control of the state executive and legislative branches. With the Republican Congress in Wisconsin stonewalling, there is little that can be done beyond the governor trying to order the delay unilaterally and daring the courts to stop him.

which he might do but if he is gonna, he should get the hell on that cause he hasn’t yet

How is he getting stonewalled by Republicans, Toby? I thought moderates were able to "work with" Republicans

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Again, both the DNC and the democratic governor have both done everything in their power to insist beg or demand that the ballot be done by way of absentee, and the republican legislature straight up said no. Which it has the power to do. So let us be clear about this the Democratic Party has in no way the ability to compel Wisconsin to vote in any specific format. That is why it is the governor and legislative branch (and the judicial, to a lesser extent) have the ability to delay or alter the rules and standards of the primary. That is the focus of state laws, not by design if the national party.

EDIT: if you are still unsure check on how ohio and the other states that altered the primary did so. They neither sought nor needed direction from the DNC, instead simply making orders as needed. Even though the DNC operates as a private entity, the elections themselves are essentially a state run enterprise, and therefor fall under the control of the state executive and legislative branches. With the Republican Congress in Wisconsin stonewalling, there is little that can be done beyond the governor trying to order the delay unilaterally and daring the courts to stop him.

which he might do but if he is gonna, he should get the hell on that cause he hasn’t yet
    The problem is that they've been arguing to expand the absentee ballot for all offices being voted on, not to make one for the Democratic presidential primary only, as my reading of Wisconsin statues say that they can do. So, no, the DNC has not been doing everything in its power to address this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Moderates? The idea that he can get republicans to sign into his proposals is one of the key planks of Bernie sander’s pitch.

...not one I agree with, either, I might add. It’s a premise I take issue with in both sanders’ and Biden’s statements how they intend to govern.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    As long as Trump loves him, nothing else matters.
    Trump probably doesn’t even like the guy, he just wants to bang his wife

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    you meant to say daughter right

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think that's the intended implication, yes.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why do people on the Biden camp recommend voting or at least do wishx washy statements when the Bernie team tells people to stay home and its Bernies fault when people die, this doesnt really check out.

I think he's currently staying in to force at least some degree of concession on platform since so far there was no offer and it is his right to do so.

The problem is Biden is on a timer since his campaign doesnt like him getting more spotlight than he needs to since they know the enthusiasm thats shown here for him is an outlier.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Tbh, that's probably why Bernie's still in, yeah. The whole situation is a mess tho.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning