View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1354 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3548541254130413441349135213531354135513561359136414041454 ... LastLast
Results 27,061 to 27,080 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Look forward to the Biden administration, I’m sure there will be plenty of moments for nostalgia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Joe Biden is one of the least inspired presidential nominees of the last 100 years at least. One would be hard-pressed locate 5 who are more dull

Blog Entries
    What did you think of the speech?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I'm not following the convention.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Joe Biden is one of the least inspired presidential nominees of the last 100 years at least. One would be hard-pressed locate 5 who are more dull
    Jim Gilmore
    Martin O'Malley
    Lincoln Chafee
    Jim Webb
    Lawernce Lessig

I have no idea who any of these people are and yet all ran in the primaries in 2016, apparently.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

None received the nomination. tbf, Lessig's not bad

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Reading that Clinton speech is depressing because of how much of it still applies today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Look forward to the Biden administration, I’m sure there will be plenty of moments for nostalgia!
    right, just like clinton or obama. nostalgic moments such as war crimes, or war crimes.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    "Cops not having a duty to protect civilians" doesn't mean they're not expected to investigate crimes or whatnot (though of course being corrupt they may often not do those things anyways, as I said, not interested in defending the police generally, but just clarifying this specific example), just that they can't be held legally responsible literally every time they fail to do so.
    Yeah, imagine the police being liable for not wanting to do its job. The horror, the horror!

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    it's kinda amusing how no matter where you go, the police are hated universally. for my case, I screwed with one recently. i was in the neighbourhood garden with my friend before they lifted the lockdown, it was full of people and their families with no masks and yet, even tho I was wearing a mask; and no local cop minded us being there, some out of nowhere miles away station cops come along posing as piller men (they were five, mind you) and tell us to get in the car to the station. I was like WTF. my friend suggested to me we run. BUT, his little sister was in the garden, and if she saw us running from the cops, she would have told his parents and that may have been interpreted differently and could have strained my relationship with his family since I was the one to ask him to come out during the lockdown. so I was like meh and went along in a cop car where it's full of teens, (surprise, surprise) and only then got why they targeted us, not only as scapegoats to scare off people, but also they were targeting ''teens'' specifically. if i were alone, i would have jumped from the open window no PB, but my friend was with me so I had to stick with him, when we got to the station, we were told to sit and wait for our turns so that each can write their names in some warning paper, some dude tried to argue with the cop, so he dragged him to the other room, and started beating him in front of us, everyone got pissed off at that sight, and i started mocking the cop untill the others told me to quit it before things escalate, since the other fella started threatening to sue the cop, and we saw everything, i told the dude i would be be a witness if he need to in front of the other cop which he was hilariously shocked, so when my turn reached, i started acting facetiously and that pissed off the cop the most, (he said my generation was trash lol) and then wrote my name wrongly and excused it with me forgetting it for a long time, until he asked me to write my parents name which my friend asked me to not screw around and just give it to him so i just did, and we left. it was funny as hell

all according to keikaku
    Last edited by Wallacia; August 21st, 2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    None received the nomination. tbf, Lessig's not bad
    How about VP's? Because both Kaine and Pence are super boring.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes. I’m not paranoid, everyone really is out to get me!
    He says without realizing studies were done in 2016 and with the recent Vox coverage that CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, WSJ, and other news outlets were found to have significantly painted Bernie's campaign in a negative light while gushing endless praise for every establishment candidate.

But hey, maybe their "safe" centrist candidate will work this time. Only failed 5 times before though..
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Next tell me about the deep state and pizzagate.

you know, really demonstrate how the difference between a MAGA and a bro is a red hat. but yeah the media is out to get you. Totes. That’s definitely the reason everyone liked a good speech.

/Michael Bloomberg is paying me 18 bucks an hour to say I liked it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The only thing that I'll say about Bloomberg:

Blog Entries
    The fly punching him repeatedly in the face during his speech was hilarious

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    i wonder why can't america abolish the two party system, oh wait. nevermind
    Spoiler:
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    The saddest part is, normally the only thing that can kill a two-party system is a SINGLE party system.

Coming from someone living in a country where exactly that is what happened for all practical purposes (since the rest of our parties are all empty figureheads with chained hands) my advice basically amounts to Better the Devil You Know...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Next tell me about the deep state and pizzagate.

you know, really demonstrate how the difference between a MAGA and a bro is a red hat. but yeah the media is out to get you. Totes. That’s definitely the reason everyone liked a good speech.

/Michael Bloomberg is paying me 18 bucks an hour to say I liked it!
    So you have nothing substantive to say, just like Biden in his speech? Also, amazing moral high ground argument there. Surprised you couldn't work in how the toxic Bernie Bro cost Hillary the election in 2016 there.

For anyone else actually interested in looking at how the media was negatively biased towards Bernie, then here is Vice's (previously stated Vox) documentary, The Bernie Blackout.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    The saddest part is, normally the only thing that can kill a two-party system is a SINGLE party system.

Coming from someone living in a country where exactly that is what happened for all practical purposes (since the rest of our parties are all empty figureheads with chained hands) my advice basically amounts to Better the Devil You Know...
    Or the end of your military regime that keeps a second party around, as a treat.

Though this might lead to you ending up with 30+ parties, most of which are absurdly redundant

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I support police officers in what is most often a difficult and thankless job (not to mention dangerous and chronically underpaid). AMA
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.