View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1374 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 374874127413241364136913721373137413751376137913841424 ... LastLast
Results 27,461 to 27,480 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

We need more info and some infiltrations.

Neglect I get how such can happen, not feeding your prisoner i get how such can happen. But removing wombs? You need an office, tools, and skilled people to do such a thing, this isn't a one crazy doctor event. Mengele and Unit 731 did not kidnap, their work were supported by government resources.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

tell me again why capitalism is a good thing
    Because muh freedom and yadayadayada...

People still have the notion the "fascism with Soviet characteristics" promoted by Stalin and the entirety of the USSR with the exception of two people (Khrushchev and Gorby) is somehow what communism really is... or that blood is needed (even though Rosa Luxembourg clearly believed it was unnecessary and so did Bakunin, Allende and Durruti).

The irony is I wouldn't complain if it was the result of Libertarianism. It is actually the result of a massive ponzi scheme promoted by the US of A in the name of small government, with the GOP (and Reagan) sharing the lion's share of the blame, but the Dem Party also having a significant amount of blame.

Well, Louis Rossmann did say that the best answer to "are you going to vote for Trump or Biden?" is "I'd rather jump off a cliff instead".

FUCK BIPARTISANISM. HONEST!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    XD It's not a universal thing, but it happens often enough to be more than a just a coincidence.

Then again, if you end up in a situation where one, small slice of your population has control over everything, whether it's wealthy elites, the military, technocrats, industrialists, religious institutions, or whatever, it's inevitably going to end up in a mess. The less power the rest of society has to hold leadership accountable, the faster it goes to shit.
    US: The politicians, bankers, financiers and celebrities.
    USSR: Founding members, politicians, top military brass and weapon manufacturers.
    China: Party top brass, politicians, celebrities, relatives of any of the three, anyone born close to the meeting place of number one.
    Europe: Politicians, diplomats, heads of state, descendants of ancient figure of renown X, analysts.
    Africa: Politicians, celebrities, warlords, top military brass and lobbyists.
    Asia: Politicians, renowned family X, relatives of the former, top military brass.
    Latam: Drug lords, politicians, renowned family X, lobbyists.

Notice a trend here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I see it more as a prisoner's dilemma when trying to be nice. How can you be sure the opposite is not taking advantage of your kindness? Furthermore, how many can continue to be nice after being screwed for being so?
    I see more of a prisoner's cinema: you think you can see where you're going... then you realize you can't see your hand in front of your own nose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I see Buck v. Bell is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn
    Notice a trend here?
    XD There's a reason I said that an effective method of holding those in power accountable is needed. Things like coups, domestic terrorism, and civil war are usually too pyrrhic to really be viable imo.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; September 16th, 2020 at 07:09 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    I see Buck v. Bell is still alive.

XD There's a reason I said that an effective method of holding those in power accountable is needed. Things like coups, domestic terrorism, and civil war are usually too pyrrhic to really be viable imo.
    Or just dispensing with the idea of "representation" which essentially (and especially in Murica and the UK) means "my interests" and "my enemy's interests" and you vote for whichever aligns closest to yours instead of the other way around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_m...n_town_meeting

You could easily carve up cities into several constituencies that operate like this and leave national law to the collective decisions made by the different town meetings. In this case, the "politician" would just be a compiler/spokesperson for the people. The laws are actually made by them.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg, time for McConnell to cram another crony into the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Oh. Well ok then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg, time for McConnell to cram another crony into the court.
    Well, since six months was too short a time for Garland to get put in obviously they're going to wait until after the election. /s
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Well, since six months was too short a time for Garland to get put in obviously they're going to wait until after the election. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Nothing to worry about. I’m sure the 4 republicans who previously stated they would not vote on a new justice till after January will stick to their morals and follow through on that pledge
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Supposedly her dying wish was that she not get replaced until Trump was gone.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Putting the fact that she dictated a final statement a few days ago along side that really weird trial balloon el presidente dropped a little while back about putting ted Cruz on the court I have a theory that this was starting to percolate in the back rooms of Washington for a while now. Basically a low key death watch.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    tbh, that's basically the only thing anyone does when Ginsburg was brought up
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    hypocrisy
    Wow. Remember when your politicians used to at least pretend they cared about something other than screwing over their competition?

Blog Entries
    I suppose this will provide stronger pressure for whoever follows Trump to stack the court.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Americans, explain this to me, please: she was an elderly woman who had been fighting a life-threatening illness for some time, right? How is it, then, that apparently there were no mechanisms in place for a succession of some kind?

The "succession mechanism" is nomination by the President and confirmation by the Senate. SCOTUS doesn't even need to have 9 justices in order to operate. It can have more, it can have less. 9 has just been the standard for decades, but it is a mostly informal standard. Techinally if the President never nominates another justice the court would just eventually wither away and die.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Ofc that won't happen. The dissolution of the Supreme Court, that is. The Supreme Court has the authority to determine how the law is interpreted and applied and strike down existing laws that they deem inappropriate or unconstitutional.

No political movement here is going to give that up so long as there's an opposing political movement.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which is kind of weird when you think about it. You'd expect Republicans with their rabid small government mentality would love to abolish the one court that governs every state simultaneously.