View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1177 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1776771077112711671172117511761177117811791182118712271277 ... LastLast
Results 23,521 to 23,540 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Replace International Community with Big Capital
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Identity politics have nothing to do with this.
    what do you call an attack based along identity lines with no material goals or opposition of structural change, just "this guy (very arguably) doesnt like us"

unless you believe corbyn was gonna put up concentration camps the only tangible consequence of corbyns supposed antisemitism would be foreign policy and israel related and god knows they dont need british support for shit, the BDS movement in the US is their main concern because they actually do foot the bill
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    what do you call an attack based along identity lines with no material goals or opposition of structural change, just "this guy (very arguably) doesnt like us"

unless you believe corbyn was gonna put up concentration camps the only tangible consequence of corbyns supposed antisemitism would be foreign policy and israel related and god knows they dont need british support for shit, the BDS movement in the US is their main concern because they actually do foot the bill
    There would be the "consequence" of British Jews feeling bad or something because the guy they said was a big fat meanie got elected so they would feel shunned by their countrymen.

Blog Entries
    If youre a lower class british jew i doubt u would have minded him on a policy level anyway so just grouping them not along class lines seems weird

In any case i think this is the best case scenario for the EU which includes me as much as it will pain me to see people post their desolate social security on social media. A lexit would prob habe feathered the consequences of a brexit too much for the average person to really care which might have given more fuel to anti european parties in the EU. And with a bit of luck we get the good parts of that island back in a decade or two.

Does suck for the lower class but i think were used to getting fucked at this point

Blog Entries
    basically the only downside to me personally is that people keep bringing up the upsides of tony blair (outside of his existence proving that there is no justice to be found in this world, and that god probably doesnt exist)

Blog Entries
    Jews seem to be singular group for whom this sort of argument ever gets made. I have never seen the equivalent "Oh, yeah, don't mind that this dude keeps uncomfortably bringing up your black skin and watermelons, and endorsing white nationalists. No need to feel insulted, really, or not vote for him - it's just, whatever, you know? Given he's not gonna send you all back to being slaves, well, really what's the problem? (And it clearly doesn't indicate any worrying moral or intellectual failing on his part that he keeps doing this in spite of everything. No, no, not at all)."

Or, to insert Boris, insofar as as he's not gonna undo the Sex Discrimination Act, it's clearly no problem for me that he whines about the "erosion of male liberty" like some sodding reddit incel, or that he wants to "address the feebleness of the modern Briton, his reluctance or inability to take control of his woman and be head of a household", or that he has boasted about groping female colleagues, or ... &c. &c. &c. (&c. &c. &c - Boris has a terribly long list).

Bugger that. If these imbeciles say things that are both morally repugnant and personally offensive, then damned if you're meant to brush that off and not question their fitness to represent you. They can do one.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    im making this argument because i dont think the tories are rather shy about their absolute disdain for muslims and meanwhile corbyn at the very least tried to be amicable on this issue when the tactically sound response should have been "fuck off being critical of israel is not antisemitic no matter how many councilmen facebook posts from some 3 dude town you pull up that could have been investigated in a blair government but werent"

Blog Entries
    Bugger pissing Israel. I provided plenty of examples of Corbyn - Corbyn personally - mouthing off in his imbecilic fashion that have nothing to do with it; my links added more. I have repeatedly stressed this, and repeatedly stressed my desire for people to give up their apparent monomaniacal certainty that the only possible cause for an accusation of anti-semitism can be righteous support for the hallowed anti-imperial cause.

Argue honestly.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    bruh you posted shit on twitter of a fb post talking about "special interest groups" targeting british social security and then pretended that is a dogwhistle when we now know that is exactly whats going on

but maybe you find a jewish private healthcare executive whose personal fortune would be impacted by this...a bit like nazis stealing art if u think about it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Argue honestly.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Quote one that isnt you reading it into a dog whistle and we can continue I suppose. Im open to changing my mind, considering that boris went in with hook noses there must be quite the bangers I missed.

Blog Entries
    Insofar as your tolerance for what are blatant and well-condemned dog whistles - including ones that Corbyn himself admits to be such - is apparently beyond high, I don't think myself able to convince you until you see what's plainly there.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Its weird that you say its blatant and then i tell u to not use a dogwhistle accusation and its suddenly hard but i guess this is some cultural difference in what constitutes bad faith argumentation. The british incompatibility with eu values is worse than i thought

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post

unless you believe corbyn [...]
    Actually, I was responding to a quote about Sanders. So in that specific case, I reiterate: identity politics have nothing to do with that, it's just Trump, his cronies, and Republicans in general latching onto whatever they can (and even outright fabricating things) to discredit their opposition, as usual.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IMO the right accusing Corbyn and/or Sanders of anti-Semitism is a bit like criticizing someone for not washing their hands whilst you are in the middle of shitting in the reservoir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IMO the right accusing Corbyn and/or Sanders of anti-Semitism is a bit like criticizing someone for not washing their hands whilst you are in the middle of shitting in the reservoir.
    Yeah, it's just pure hypocrisy. I am astounded by the level of cognitive dissonance displayed by the people who genuinely believe Sanders is anti-semitic while still being a rabid defender of Trump.

Blog Entries
    Politics is a strange beast.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries

Historical Reinhard Heydrich grave opened up: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50806873
    Am I still in real life?

Blog Entries
    German security services is recruiting hundreds of new officers to combat right-wing radicals
    So lite fascism (which is also known to have actual fascist in their ranks) is now expected to be antifas. How cool is that.

Well, at least they're actually doing something meaningful to stop literal nazis and anti-semitism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Actually, I was responding to a quote about Sanders. So in that specific case, I reiterate: identity politics have nothing to do with that, it's just Trump, his cronies, and Republicans in general latching onto whatever they can (and even outright fabricating things) to discredit their opposition, as usual.
    Trying to appeal to woke centrists and liberals using any race/gender argument is still idpol, especially if they are that desperate.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Identity politics can't really be divorced from actual politics, though. That's sort of the whole point.