View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1257 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2577571157120712471252125512561257125812591262126713071357 ... LastLast
Results 25,121 to 25,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    There's also some modeling that suggests a sudden opening would actually cost more in additional deaths than would be earned from opening, even if the shutdown lasts a year.

Here's some of the projections the US government is using, if I hadn't already posted it.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Another case of cross-species coronavirus infections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I mean is it really a surprise, aren’t humans also a case of cross-species coronavirus infections?

Blog Entries
    I mean is it really a surprise, aren’t humans also a case of cross-species coronavirus infections?
    Some are worried that dogs and cats that are mainly kept as pets may get the virus and spread it to their healthy owners without them knowing. This might led to mass killings of cats and dogs, be they pets or those in the streets.

Blog Entries
    Someone should tell those people they’re much more likely to catch it from their neighbors, friends, and family.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Someone should tell those people they’re much more likely to catch it from their neighbors, friends, and family.
    but we're doing pretty good on the mass killing of humans angle tbh

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Clearly, the solution is the same
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Die for our economy! All hail Emperor Trump!

Blog Entries
    What's hilarious to me is that Georgia's governor isn't even content to follow Trump's schedule; he's reopening his state's economy tomorrow.

Even though Trump is telling him not to, it's too soon.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    God that was hilarious, seeing him get thrown under the bus like that. Totally had Trump’s support the whole time, but then the last guy to talk to Trump before the press conference told him it was a bad idea and since he just takes the last opinion he heard on any given topic, he went out and pretended he was always against opening too soon. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in whatever room Kemp was watching from.

Blog Entries
    Seeing Trump in action is like watching a B-class pandemic movie where everyone is making bad decisions base on factors that has nothing to do with protecting people against the virus.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, it's more like watching a comedy show. It's literally a clown show to see who can do the dumbest, most ridiculous thing.

Except it's real and people are dying for the laugh.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Shit, did Trump suggest on national TV that people should inject disinfectant to clean themselves from virus? Seriously?

Blog Entries
    I think technically he suggested scientists investigate “getting the light in there” or find out if it’s possible to do “an injection (of disinfectant) inside, almost like a cleaning” which, no, of course these things are not possible and they are not worthy of further consideration, but I am resigned to the fact that a future news story about some moron injecting himself with isopropyl alcohol has already been inexorably set in motion.

Blog Entries
    I think technically he suggested scientists investigate “getting the light in there” or find out if it’s possible to do “an injection (of disinfectant) inside, almost like a cleaning” which, no, of course these things are not possible and they are not worthy of further consideration, but I am resigned to the fact that a future news story about some moron injecting himself with isopropyl alcohol has already been inexorably set in motion.
    We already have people drinking disinfectant or alcohol to death base on rumors that it will work. The POTUS suggests it, and many more might try. Someone should just shut him up.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    We already have people drinking disinfectant or alcohol to death base on rumors that it will work. The POTUS suggests it, and many more might try. Someone should just shut him up.
    When he implied that he was going to suggest bleach in the bloodstream, I just about facedesked through my table.

In any just world, he would have been laughed off stage, whatever losses to "access" that might have caused.

Blog Entries
    Well, one thing he is right is sunlight works, but you need them at UV levels, which is why there was a surge in the selling of UV lights in China back in February. But people were using the lights to disinfect their facemasks though and not turning them onto themselves.

Blog Entries
    “Why don’t we just take out sick people’s lungs, put them under UV lights to disinfect them, then put them back in? What do we have to lose?”

- - - Updated - - -

(Not a real quote, obviously, “we” has no place in Donald Trump’s word cloud)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Influenze itself is thought to have originated from birds, so yeah.

These antigenic shift cases like SARS and Corona (both COV designations) are where things get ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Using political and economic as fundamental guidelines is the worse way to deal with pandemics.