View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1266 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2667661166121612561261126412651266126712681271127613161366 ... LastLast
Results 25,301 to 25,320 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or you could just not spend a trillion dollars on new tanks for wars you aren't fighting.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Tell me a tank won't be at least as effective as bleach for fighting coronavirus you can't

Blog Entries
    I mean a tank seems harder to swallow

/or insert in your bunghole
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Despite all these discussions, I think the parties will eventually use the China threat card to win. This will be especially useful for this election since it fits the narrative that China is at fault, but not the leaders of the USA who is, you know suppose to protect the people.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Tell me a tank won't be at least as effective as bleach for fighting coronavirus you can't
    Ahh, the North Korea Solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Same energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Lol, Reviewers...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe this is just my 'biased' impression, Toby. But it honestly sounds like to me you're saying 'but the scorpion PROMISED not to sting me! Because if he does we'll both drown.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    4.8% economy shrinkage in the first quarter. Next quarter's expected to be much worse. Potentially as much as 37%, or so I've heard. Considering that fat Republican "tax reform" required something like consistent 4% growth to pay for itself, it's a wonder no one's talking about it. Or getting rid of it for a more progressive model to pay for all this money-printing they're doing...

Go figure, a tax cut for the rich fucks everyone else over. Whodathunk it?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Maybe this is just my 'biased' impression, Toby. But it honestly sounds like to me you're saying 'but the scorpion PROMISED not to sting me! Because if he does we'll both drown.'
    If you want to use the river analogy it’s more like there is a man who say “you could cross using the bridge but it’s about 5 miles that way. It’s a bit of a walk to get there”

and the other guy is saying

”don’t do all that work, I’m pretty sure we can get across if you sat in my shoulders and I walked across the water!”

EDIT:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/opini...ver/index.html

this was worth the read.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    If you're using that one, the first guy should warn you the bridge might be out when you get there...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If you want to use the river analogy it’s more like there is a man who say “you could cross using the bridge but it’s about 5 miles that way. It’s a bit of a walk to get there”

”don’t do all that work, I’m pretty sure we can get across if you sat in my shoulders and I walked across the water!”
    The great con of neoliberalism was ingraining in people that politics is actually difficult and complex when it's really not. These are simple resource and distribution choices and we repeatedly make the wrong ones. It's not quite a magic wand because it takes work to set up the apparatus needed for a sustainable national health care system, for instance, but, that sort of groundwork aside, it is quite easily attainable. Through insisting on complicated bureaucracies for means testing and having arcane tax laws elites have, quite brilliantly, managed to confuse a critical mass of people into believing that politics is above their pay grade so that their helplessness becomes internalized and the only solution they can see is to defer to their betters.

If anything the recent Covid bailouts are this very dynamic in action. For all the hand-wringing and concern trolling over the debt and deficit it seems nothing really stops us from making the money machine go brr and throw trillions of dollars as if with a... magic wand.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Trillions of dollars which didn't even work, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    If you're using that one, the first guy should warn you the bridge might be out when you get there...
    hey you know what, I’ll straight up give you that. And you have to climb through an annoying rocky ass path to get there. And it’s actually 15 miles away because the guy is bad with distance calculations.

sure, I’ll run with that.

Blog Entries
    Depends on who you ask, Spoony. For me, no. For real estate investors...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

EDIT:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/opini...ver/index.html

this was worth the read.
    You say that but I have always picked "Ford the River" every single game of Oregon Trail I've played to date, and I always will

Blog Entries
    Replace dysentery with Covid 19 and we are all playing a round of Oregon trail

Blog Entries
    Nah. Not enough dead people yet for that.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Nah. Not enough dead people yet for that.
    I don't think people dying matters as long as the rich and powerful still earn money. Just feed the fools with propaganda and they will support whatever crap the government throws out.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Trillions of dollars which didn't even work, apparently.
    They weren't adequately used.

Lemme get serious and put on my econ major hat for a moment here and give a bit of a lowdown on how I see the economic situation.

Look, the economy is going to tank no matter what. It either tanks due to months, even a year of nigh-complete paralysis, plus the massive amount of unemployment that is already happening right now... or it is going to tank due to ignoring the quarantine and the resulting amount of death having the same effect anyway. The economy is going to tank no matter what, there really isn't anything to be discussed in this particular angle of the issue.

See, the real issue would be how to contain the resulting economic fallout, how to diminish the impact it will have over the population, industry, and a long etc. as well as to keep like half of your total population sinking into poverty due to unemployment and all these other factors. All of this would help to a faster economic recovery and reactivation.

Of course, accomplishing this is a task more difficult than it sounds, and it requires social action directed to the lower reaches of the society, something that's considered completely heretical in the USA. If those trillion dollars were used there, to improve the chances of economic recovery and to sustain the population during the quarantine period, it wouldn't be an immediate net improvement of the economy, but it would help massively with the recovery that would come after the completely inevitable crisis. Instead those trillion dollars were pissed away to shield the big corporations and their entreperneurs from the crisis, trying to stall it to no much result at all. Of course, you have to consider that Trump is, you know, owner or investor of many of those big corporations and has a vested interest into shielding himself from this crisis.

Now, what has resulted is a very interesting scenario, because the upper bubble that existed as a separate entity in yankeeland got pierced, firstly due to the universality of the coronavirus, secondly due to the fact that the big businessmen and the many parasites that control the US government and became its establishment want to protect their economic interests, which has led them to clash against the "people" in a general sense, who mostly want to live, without losing their job in the process. And this is the first time since... a ridiculous amount of time that this clash happens, while it is a constant in most other countries in the world.

This has also some obvious repercussions in the political scenario. See, Trump's big card was that, in the macroeconomy, and only in the macroeconomy (I'm not quite sure on how the US was looking internally before the coronavirus crisis hit) term, he could claim to have been better than what Hillary would have been, simply due to taking protectionist measures that benefited in overall terms the country's internal industry and whatnot, while Hillary would have picked stagnation and continued with the same policy that Obama continued from Bush and so on in an unbroken string of assholery.

Trump's actions here were interesting because it broke off from the Neoliberal orthodoxy, specifically at thinking long-term while most neolibs are often focused on short-term gains, often murdering the golden-egg-laying chicken in the process. However, the moment the coronavirus hit he switched back to short-term vision and went full blown extreme neoliberal... which now has set-up this confrontation between neoliberal interests and the people who want to, y'know, live.

Which makes this current election pretty ridiculous because it ends up asking you to pick between a neoliberal and another neoliberal who will at least be better for society at large than the other option. That's probably what ends up being so jarring to people now that Trump basically ripped off his mask. The political system in the USA has become so divorced from the country's reality that it spit out an election that has fuck-all to do with the country's current situation. And it should be noted that IMO, people voted in Obama because while he wasn't openly anti-establishment, he had a lot of promises for change weaved in his rethoric. Trump was full-blown anti-establishment and also had a lot of promises for change. That marks a trend where apparently the average yank voter wants change to happen. Which is something to consider in this current political scenario.

You know, somewhat unrelated but, I like to joke (because Macri left our economic situation so incredibly fucked that it can only be mentioned alongside a Brazzers tag) around that Argentina will end up being a world power after all this because everyone else's getting fucked up by Covid while we're somehow managing against it, but given the massive amount of problems the US and China are going to have due to this crisis, we're gonna end up looking at... not quite a shake-up, but definitely a redistribution in the map of power. It could open up to some really interesting changes in a global scale. Hell, might end up with the developing countries that aren't dying by the hundreds to manage to catch up at least a bit. At the very least might blur the first-world and third-world barriers, idk.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!