View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1442 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 44294213421392143214371440144114421443144414471452 ... LastLast
Results 28,821 to 28,840 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately that's humanity in general, "what can you do for me right NOW" tends to be our overwhelming concern.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-defe...ld-11608762986

capitalists: what if scrooge was good actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, we read that in high school finance. Old news, isn't it?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-defe...ld-11608762986

capitalists: what if scrooge was good actually
    What.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    People seem to think that as generations go by folks as a whole absolve themselves of their prejudices and get better naturally, but that’s manifestly not true. That old saw about the arc of history bending towards freedom is a crock of shit.

but it is actually true that generations will change mindsets as history progresses. Whether or not those changes are for the better or worse, that’s for historians to debate, but at the very least, the lessons that the elderly now hold as inviolate are not really likely to be what those coming of age now are going to consider the most important
    It's not so much that human mentality itself becomes more leaning towards freedom as generations pass, but that, as the technological and cultural level evolves, the capacity to suppress freedom decreases to some degree.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's far more difficult to keep people oppressed in the dark in the Global Era of Information now than it was back in the old days of yore before developments such as the printed press, electricity services, increased capacities to enforce health and social care, and the Internet. True, oppression does remain, and even finds ways to employ some of these developments for its own goals, but overall, the more developed a society is, the better equiped it is to be aware of and fight oppression, and in that, at least, we are not quite as bad as we were centuries ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    It's not so much that human mentality itself becomes more leaning towards freedom as generations pass, but that, as the technological and cultural level evolves, the capacity to suppress freedom decreases to some degree.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's far more difficult to keep people oppressed in the dark in the Global Era of Information now than it was back in the old days of yore before developments such as the printed press, electricity services, increased capacities to enforce health and social care, and the Internet. True, oppression does remain, and even finds ways to employ some of these developments for its own goals, but overall, the more developed a society is, the better equiped it is to be aware of and fight oppression, and in that, at least, we are not quite as bad as we were centuries ago.
    Which is why COVID-19 is an excellent case. What happens when people view legitimate methods to prevent the spread and containing the virus as oppressing their freedom? How much worth does social responsibility has and its relationship with personal freedom in case of pandemic? On the other hand, how much becomes too much when authorities uses this issue to restrict people's freedom in the name of combating the virus?

Blog Entries
    So in case no one's heard, there was a bombing in Nashville, Tennessee. This was apparently a very polite bombing, since the RV rigged to blow announced via loudspeaker that it was going to do so, and someone (presumably the bomber) made a bogus Shots Fired call to get the police on the scene in time to evacuate everyone. No deaths, only three minor injuries and those people are out of the hospital already. However, it devastated part of downtown, including an AT&T data center that the vehicle was parked in front of. Thing knocked out cell service and internet at different points across 15 states, for those who rely on that network. Including me, and possibly a few others on here. I happen to be at a nice place with wifi that's letting me write this up.

Stay safe, everyone.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    My city

Blog Entries
    Wonder why they did this. Maybe out of the belief that network is the cause of the spread of COVID-19?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heard about this at work. Sheesh. Can't even say "can this year be done and over with" because it looks like things just get loonier and loonier.
    Aliens next, I'll bet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Heard about this at work. Sheesh. Can't even say "can this year be done and over with" because it looks like things just get loonier and loonier.
    Aliens next, I'll bet.
    That's for mid-year. How about Trump has a successful coup first?

Blog Entries
    Seems like it was a suicide bombing, but motive is unknown rn. The bomber was a 63 y/o local with a background in tech and electronics, owned his own small business, and did freelance work in the area.

I've heard conflicting info, tho. According to a Cricket email sent out to the employees, there was more to it. My fiance checked to see when the phones would be back up and was told that, according to said email, there were actually three bombs set; one in Cincinnati and one in Chicago. Whether those went off or not, I have not heard. Regardless, I'm taking the Cricket email with a grain of salt; I wouldn't put it above the company to spread misinformation in order to make its own vulnerabilities seem less glaring.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Aliens next, I'll bet.
    Wait, you didn't hear about the aliens back in April/May? You know the stuff what-his-name from early 2000's band had been harping on so long the Pentagon just said "Fuck it! here's all the tapes about our fighter planes meeting UFO's. We have no idea what they are or how they work".

IIRC it was a month or two after the attempt to Naruto run Area 51.

Edit: it was Blink-182's guitarist.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Makes you understand why the phrase "May you live in interesting times," is not wishing someone well.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Wait, you didn't hear about the aliens back in April/May? You know the stuff what-his-name from early 2000's band had been harping on so long the Pentagon just said "Fuck it! here's all the tapes about our fighter planes meeting UFO's. We have no idea what they are or how they work".

IIRC it was a month or two after the attempt to Naruto run Area 51.

Edit: it was Blink-182's guitarist.
    I heard about it, but then thought, "well if you're gonna be like that, just bring it all out in the open".
    If anything they should realize leaving people to spin their own conspiracies doesn't lead to good things.
    Going "yeah, I'll give your crumbs, but this place is still hands off" is just asking for more stuff down the pike.
    Though I was more saying for more information to get out, instead of "sightings".

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    officially worse than trump
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The one time Trump decided to try doing something actually reasonable...

Blog Entries
    Here's hoping Georgia's Senators are both Democrats, then, and we finally oust this asshole.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Here's hoping Georgia's Senators are both Democrats, then, and we finally oust this asshole.
    Possibility of that happening?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty unlikely anything major actually changes since Harris being VP in a situation where Senate is effectively split 50/50 means she gets to do tiebreaker votes, but Manchin is another Republican larping as a Democrat just like Biden, and she will never vote in favor of anything that threatens her moneyed interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.